9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats the way loads will go I reckon Hoots

I thought we were done will all this shiit when Allen left

By your tickets at least 24 hours in advance, no pay on the day

Who thinks these scheme's up?

Chansiri: = Right people we need to find a system to dissolve the long queues at the kiosks

Chief Moron: = I have it boss, let's limit people's ability to pay for stuff, the queues will disappear overnight, and by keeping the concourse clear, SAG will let us open more seats that we can't sell because the matchday price is so high

Chansiri: = Brilliant, let's do it

I keep expecting to take my seat and see Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Barbara Windsor, Hatti Jacques, Charles Hawtrey and the rest of the Carry On gang sat beside me

• Haha 7

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I watched England in the Ajax Arena years ago and this cashless system was in place. Forget the year, but Rooney scored, and us singing the national anthem in their end didn't go down well. 

Anyway, the cashless system worked a treat. No problem at all. We are light years behind. 

So...as far as I can tell you can either play by contactless or use the new E-Card system...

Yet people are crying about the club trying to steal their money? 

Have I managed to gauge the general gist of this thread? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

As long as the option for both is available then it's a great idea. But to limit yourself to one card that you have to top up to use in one place, bit daft. 

Having actually bothered to read the opening post properly: 

Supporters can also make purchases within the stadium using debit/credit cards/contactless payments and cash until we make the full transition.

So, going by that, they'll be eventually phasing out contactless cards...

I apologize for this post: 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So...as far as I can tell you can either play by contactless or use the new E-Card system...

What a flipping stupid idea if that's what they're planning on doing :duntmatter:

I guess part of the reason is if you are in a business thar involves tills.

When the tills are cashed up and they are wrong.

They seem to almost invariably be low and very rarely too much cash in them.

This would no longer be a problem.

And every body now gets to queue twice to make a  purchase.

What's not to like about that.WTF:

FFS.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, steveger said:

So when they introduce it you can't use contact less visa or debit cards then ? Just the clubs chosen E- Cash pre-paid ones ?

carlos.png

You can only use it to buy Elev8 drinks at £8 per can 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

They ARE telling you how to spend your money...They are saying they don't take your "MONEY"......Go into a soddin' shop and spend £3 on yer "Contactless" and they charge 50p..cos of "Contactless" and the admin fee...You can't go into Hillsborough and say..." I want a £3.50p" pie but am only gonna give you £3 pound coins  cos of the effort i make scrabblin' in me pocket for a 50p piece"..are ya..

bloody total scammery

This added to the decision to ban anything larger than a purse being allowed in the ground quite clearly shows the club are quite openly trying to force fans to buy food and drink inside the ground at rip off prices. 

They aint getting a penny off me inside the ground. its all a very cynical way of screwing fans once inside the ground. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can't be really classed as "stealing" anyone's money as you are paying a set amount and receiving the chosen product for it, no matter how overpriced it is, or the quality, that's your choice, the club doesn't force people to buy the products 

The government is stopping companies like takeaways, shops and the like from charging the ridiculous little fees for simply using debit cards, don't know when it comes in like.....

I'm sure I read it somewhere, or maybe I dreamt it... :rolleyes:

Edited by steveger