DC the "successful businessman" and the failing media

22 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

There is no single majority shareholder. Mitsubishi hold 7.3%

There's no way the Chansiri's could secretly buy, finance or sponsor SWFC without a Board decision and it being recorded in the published accounts

TUG-Top-10.jpg

When I did my research, I found a reference to Mr C having a 1.3% interest. Can’t remember the source, didn’t save the link, and can’t be bothered to search again. Neither am I sure about the reliability of that information. But throwing it onto the mix anyhow.

Also, on the Forbes list for Thailand, Mr C’s dad was at no.39. Just behind Tay Tay’s latest release.

Edited by theowlsman

11 hours ago, Davetherave said:

Do you know ... I think you have really focussed in on the problems.

After going to the fans forum a while back it appears to me DC does not know

what he is into and is trying to micromanage ... always a sign of a massive failing.

But .... he is certainly not surrounded by quality business advisors ... which of

course is down to his lack of judgement in the first instance.

eg. Anyone associated with the commercial side of this club should hang

their head in shame at ticket prices and the shop.

Good summary that and I am in total agreement. The other thing is would he listen if he did have quality advisors? As it stands now either the people that work there now are too feeble to question his decision making or he refuses to listen to anybody else's viewpoint. I get the impression we have a very stubborn chairman who needs to offload much of the decision making to the people who have the more experience of the fanbase, the area we live and the disposable income most fans exist on.

Unless he changes his thinking on this I fear the worst. 

12 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Good summary that and I am in total agreement. The other thing is would he listen if he did have quality advisors? As it stands now either the people that work there now are too feeble to question his decision making or he refuses to listen to anybody else's viewpoint. I get the impression we have a very stubborn chairman who needs to offload much of the decision making to the people who have the more experience of the fanbase, the area we live and the disposable income most fans exist on.

Unless he changes his thinking on this I fear the worst. 

Exactly what I gleaned Mountain ...at the Fans Forum.

I can't help but what's been revealed at the fans forum adds a slightly different dynamic to this thread

If it's true that DC admitted George Hirst is managed by one of the Doyen groups, while the club's transfer advise and handling comes from another part of the Doyen group, then DC has admitted:

-We're outsourcing a lot of recruitment responsibility on a controversial private company

-This company has investment in our players

-George Hirst's representatives are negotiating contract terms against the club's representatives who are subsidiaries of each other

StudentOwl,

Certainly true mate as Hirsty's agent - like most - are listed on Transfermarket web as Doyen (Global).

We're not talking IBM here. Doyen's a tiny little outfit with small Mayfair offices, registered in Malta.

Hirsty's agent is probably same as Carlos and Joao's  and may share a desk with Wednesday's agent.

If Hirst leaves free next year (only abroad), it'll go mental on here and elsewhere.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

StudentOwl,

Certainly true mate as Hirsty's agent - like most - are listed on Transfermarket web as Doyen (Global).

We're not talking IBM here. Doyen's a tiny little outfit with small Mayfair offices, registered in Malta.

Hirsty's agent is probably same as Carlos and Joao's  and may share a desk with Wednesday's agent.

But one interpretation of this is that Doyen's representatives would share mutual interests to maximise their own revenue

It'd take a cynical man to do interpret the facts in this however, and I certainly would never dream of having that interpretation 

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

But one interpretation of this is that Doyen's representatives would share mutual interests to maximise their own revenue

It'd take a cynical man to do interpret the facts in this however, and I certainly would never dream of having that interpretation 

I think this has run its course without attempts to bump it up to the top, it will die a natural

10 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

And what was the response?

It was the following from a previous post, not ground breahking

or earth shattering I'm afraid Mountain.

Do you know ... I think you have really focussed in on the problems.

After going to the fans forum a while back it appears to me DC does not know

what he is into and is trying to micromanage ... always a sign of a massive failing.

But .... he is certainly not surrounded by quality business advisors ... which of

course is down to his lack of judgement in the first instance.

eg. Anyone associated with the commercial side of this club should hang

their head in shame at ticket prices and the shop.

This was a very concerning topic at the time but never thought we’d be in the position we are today! Reading it again just highlights the lack of an actual plan, football nounce and the ability of our chairman to get us out of this mess. What’s more worrying is still lack of proof of business acumen and whether he has the funds to carry on.

On 23/10/2017 at 11:53, cookeh said:

Wednesday fans have a long history of seeing one thing that seems out of place (often due to just not having the information) and then deciding that there's some great conspiracy, and snowball a couple of fairly normal things into an "OMG!" furore.

Can summarise the OP as:

Don't know how rich DC is.
Don't know all DCs business interests due to language barrier and lack of familiarity with Thai record keeping practices.

Some aspects of running the club are going well, some could be better.
Elev8 seems like a fairly standard way to evade FFP rules.
Reporters can be a bit crap. (I work for a news organisation, i can confirm this to be true).
Not all of our players play every game.. (shock?)

Doyen *gasp* which no one really knows the agreement with or how they actually interact with club staff.

Overall, i think it'd be fair to ask for clarity on Doyen's relationship at the AGM, but otherwise it seems like pretty normal running of a football club.

In the last 20 years had plenty of times where we've been run a lot worse.

When have we been run worse? 

What aspects of the club are running well?

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Funny how a lot of the ‘I told you so about DC’ lot are the ones praising him in this thread 

lol

Not sure you should be mocking people for changing their opinion on a whim :duntmatter:

On 23/10/2017 at 11:20, StudentOwl said:

On 23/10/2017 at 11:20, StudentOwl said:

You're flat out not doing your jobs if you can't report basic facts like DC's businesses and make basic enquiries about things such as Doyen which are already in the public domain. 

This is what I find interesting...surely any journo worth his salt must have resources to find out and report back on these issues...so why haven't they done? I know that their careers could be on the line if their employers have specifically told them not to go there but...I personally would make sure I found out if that was the case even if it was for the book deal at a later date

Just now, SiJ said:

Not sure you should be mocking people for changing their opinion on a whim :duntmatter:

Difference between changing your views and coming on here belittling other fans for supporting DC in the early days when in fact threads like this show you were championing him as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Difference between changing your views and coming on here belittling other fans for supporting DC in the early days when in fact threads like this show you were championing him as well. 

Ah, so it's ok for you to have more faces than a town clock, but not for anyone else.

Besides, I actually suggested we needed a long term plan and it was time for DC to start delegating.