DC the "successful businessman" and the failing media

Interesting that 4 years ago we were desperate for a football person to come in and take control of things, we were desperate for a plan and some footballing nous. 

And here we are 4 years later still waiting for that. Chansiri has not once displayed knowledge of his failings and doesn't see a problem. Therefore I don't think he will ever learn. 

Has anyone ever found evidence of him being a "successful businessman"? 

Just shows you how long this has been going on. 

Can't believe it's taken so long for us to end up relegated. 

At some point all we'll find out what actually happened during his time at the club - might be in 3, 5 or 10 years time but it will inevitably all come out.

30 minutes ago, Animis said:

Just shows you how long this has been going on. 

Can't believe it's taken so long for us to end up relegated. 

At some point all we'll find out what actually happened during his time at the club - might be in 3, 5 or 10 years time but it will inevitably all come out.

Yep 4 years on and we’re still having the same discussions. Only one difference is how worse we’ve got on the pitch. It’s tiring. His tenure has been an absolute disaster. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/10/2017 at 13:34, SiJ said:

That's a fair point.

I'd imagine if we don't go up this season (which is looking pretty unlikely) that they'll be a clear out in the summer of some top earners. Question is how many clubs will be willing to take them on...

Truth be told (and I've said this in a few threads), we need a rethink for me. A more of a long term plan and ethos.

Try and build something with a core of younger players (who can be sold on for profit down the line) and try and build a team for promotion, rather than cobble together something and hope for the best.

Might be wishful thinking on my part.

Would it be fair to say that none of this happened? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl_83 said:

Interesting that 4 years ago we were desperate for a football person to come in and take control of things, we were desperate for a plan and some footballing nous. 

And here we are 4 years later still waiting for that. Chansiri has not once displayed knowledge of his failings and doesn't see a problem. Therefore I don't think he will ever learn. 

Has anyone ever found evidence of him being a "successful businessman"? 

So if there is no evidence of him being a 'successful businessman' if the £350m hasn't come from the family/ TUC...where is it from?

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Savings account.

I was wondering about this 

DC is meant to be a business man, but nobody knows what these businesses are. Is he actually a businessman or does he get some sort of adult allowance from his dad? an allowance that has now run out

11 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So if there is no evidence of him being a 'successful businessman' if the £350m hasn't come from the family/ TUC...where is it from?

No one knows where the majority of the money has come from. We can only hazard a guess that he has inherited most of it. If that is the case then he hasn't had to do anything for it. That doesn't make him a successful businessman.

Inherriting control of businesses and have them tread water for a few years doesn't make you successful. If he has doubled their earnings then fair enough. 

Where is the evidence that he has been successful? 

Just now, owl_83 said:

No one knows where the majority of the money has come from. We can only hazard a guess that he has inherited most of it. If that is the case then he hasn't had to do anything for it. That doesn't make him a successful businessman.

Inherriting control of businesses and have them tread water for a few years doesn't make you successful. If he has doubled their earnings then fair enough. 

Where is the evidence that he has been successful? 

Once read that had Trump just sat on his inheritance he would have more cash than he does now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Imagine spending £350m and getting relegated to league one 🥴

where has this figure come from?

I think some get too hung up on how he came into his wealth and whether or not he is a successful businessman.

Many acknowledge that running a football club is significantly different to most other business operations and football is littered with successful businessmen who have failed to do well with football clubs.

The fact is he has no experience of professional football whatsoever and the people he has surrounded himself with in terms of advice have clearly not done a great job. 

Has anyone spent £350mill as badly?

He's a Trustfund kid isn't he? Never ran a business in his life or at least there is no evidence to suggest this. This is the next thing local journos need to look into where his money has come from 

6 minutes ago, Green Calx said:

Has anyone spent £350mill as badly?

He's a Trustfund kid isn't he? Never ran a business in his life or at least there is no evidence to suggest this. This is the next thing local journos need to look into where his money has come from 

Have confidence the EFL will have checked it out...