Got my new Sheffield Wednesday shirt

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

No but they've got the strip that our current kit is based on...I suppose Fantham was crap for wearing it lol 

No he was very good apparently but maybe not as good as Sewell or Wilson.

:stuwinky:

Still a bobbar kit that wasn’t missed when we scrapped it last time. 

8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Yeah, nobody dared you to do anything.  But cool story bro.

Why not?  Apparently you are no more than just a customer.

No apparently that stops at the turnstile.  

Yes you did look at your post again.

I don't own a polo so I improvised nonetheless 

I'm Straight out of  Hillsborough not Compton I'm not your Bro ....

O/g will do lol

28 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Not telling anyone what to spend their money on.  But I still don't understand the logic of slating the club because you like another shirt better.  Would you come on here and post a picture of Ralph Lauren polo shirt instead of the Wednesday one?  Would you buggery.

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Yes you did look at your post again.

I don't own a polo so I improvised nonetheless 

I'm Straight out of  Hillsborough not Compton I'm not your Bro ....

O/g will do lol

Just not bothered...

Just now, shandypants said:

The price of football shirts is crackers. You can buy a half decent dress shirt for what we charge (£49 then £59) and a designer shirt for the prices some clubs are charging. 

Why is a 'designer shirt' better than a football shirt. Is it not the same thing, paying a premium for a brand, only in this case the brand is Sheffield Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

OMG my fellow Owls can't believe some are falling out over the shirts-i think each to their own applies here.

Yes, I would prefer stripes ,but those who choose to purchase one will no doubt wear it with pride just as I will continue to wear an older striped version with pride.

WAWAW after all.

Just now, ScrappyOwl said:

OMG my fellow Owls can't believe some are falling out over the shirts-i think each to their own applies here.

Yes, I would prefer stripes ,but those who choose to purchase one will no doubt wear it with pride just as I will continue to wear an older striped version with pride.

WAWAW after all.

Todays kit launch has made so many Wednesday fans really happy

I'm seeing loads of smiley faces on the internet today of proud Owls fans wearing their new shirts

That's ace and hopefully the start of the feel-good factor this season!

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Read carefully Matt it's your post you composed it ..

So yeah, where have I dared you to do that?

You've merely taken it upon yourself to do it because you're a weirdo! 

If I'd said, "would you post a video of you eating dog sh*t on here" would you have done it?  In fact, I DARE you to post a video of you eating dog sh*t on here.

• Haha 2

Just not bothered...

Just now, mattitheowl said:

So yeah, where have I dared you to do that?

You've merely taken it upon yourself to do it because you're a weirdo! 

If I'd said, "would you post a video of you eating dog sh*t on here" would you have done it?  In fact, I DARE you to post a video of you eating dog sh*t on here.

Take a chill pill bro

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

WAWAW after all.

No one's falling  from where i can see  its called debating no insults coming from here ....lol

I was going to buy one for my younger cousins birthday but the price has put me off. Instead I've bought him a Fruit of The Loom jumper from Help The Aged for 4 quid, only 2 previous owners.

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

WAWAW after all.

I think some feel that those buying this shirt are 'betraying' them because they/we all know the only way to effect change is with action. It's probably unlikely we will return to stripes any time soon yet we all know that if not a single shirt sold, we would be back in stripes next year.

This simple logic explains the 'falling out'. Everyone single shirt sold puts us £49 further away from getting stripes back.

I'm not a militant about it but my children are not getting home shirts this year or any other that we don't have stripes. Not because I'm in some kind of outrage about the whole thing thing but just because I want to see Wednesday play in stripes and by buying the shirt, I feel I am undermining that.

• Like 1

Just now, londonowl said:

I think some feel that those buying this shirt are 'betraying' them because they/we all know the only way to effect change is with action. It's probably unlikely we will return to stripes any time soon yet we all know that if not a single shirt sold, we would be back in stripes next year.

This simple logic explains the 'falling out'. Everyone single shirt sold puts us £49 further away from getting stripes back.

pretty much nail on the head there

Owlstalk Shop