Got my new Sheffield Wednesday shirt

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

I think some feel that those buying this shirt are 'betraying' them because they/we all know the only way to effect change is with action. It's probably unlikely we will return to stripes any time soon yet we all know that if not a single shirt sold, we would be back in stripes next year.

This simple logic explains the 'falling out'. Everyone single shirt sold puts us £49 further away from getting stripes back.

I'm not a militant about it but my children are not getting home shirts this year or any other that we don't have stripes. Not because I'm in some kind of outrage about the whole thing thing but just because I want to see Wednesday play in stripes and by buying the shirt, I feel I am undermining that.

Not sure I agree.  Don't think Chansiri is that easily swayed!

Just not bothered...

8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So yeah, where have I dared you to do that?

You've merely taken it upon yourself to do it because you're a weirdo! 

If I'd said, "would you post a video of you eating dog sh*t on here" would you have done it?  In fact, I DARE you to post a video of you eating dog sh*t on here.

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No one's falling  from where i can see  its called debating no insults coming from here ....lol

You aren't too good at Reading are you Matt have another go ....

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You aren't too good at Reading are you Matt have another go ....

What on earth are you on about?  Please quote and highlight the word DARE in my original post.

And I still DARE you to post a video of you eating sh*t.  You said you were in the mood to be dared!  

:ghoulguy:

Just not bothered...

7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

How you managed that? He big and you the junior range? My 6 year old is quite small and the 5-6, highest infant size should fit him.

The shorts aren't in stock for infants either, you'd have thought the night have prioritised those considering we normally sell as mini kits.

After 5-6 infant shirt it jumps to YS which is basically 7-8, the difference in size is massive, some kids may struggle to get in 5-6 and find the 7-8 too big.

My 2 minor criticisms 

I was there at nine and there were actualy  size 7 / 8 shirts because i got one for grandson which he loves. the quality is very good.

I got the infants home shirt (3-4 yr) for 25.00 today. I am impressed with the quality and also impressed with the price, last years cost 50.00 with shorts and socks but they're not worth another 25.00 in my opinion so pleased with, as is the grandson. A small ***** of light in these troubled times I know, let's hope we can stuff the Dingles and get this season back on track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Glad no most people had a positive experience today.

I apologise if I bring the mood down a tad but it was different for me. I haven't bought a shirt for a few years, usually get them on offer for things like the gym if I do buy em. However I was in the area and was 50/50 about getting one for a change.

First impression was the parking, made sense they had somebody in pointing people where to park. As some will just take forever otherwise so thumbs up for that.

In the store the line was far too long, I expected this so no complaints about that. However at just after 1pm I only counted 6 staff on the tills for huge lines. Suppose people need a lunch break but wasn't impressed the line hadn't moved in 5 minutes I was there looking around. 

The quality of the shirts looked average at best to me and personally I'm not a fan of the kind of material used. Again I can't complain about the material as that's a preference. The stitching around the eleven8 looked cheap, several shirts I looked at looked almost dirty, with marks on. I've since read they were giving out packaged ones at the till, fair enough but seeing these put me off buying, that coupled with not being able to try one on. 

Glad most seem happy, but just wasn't for me. Not a wasted journey as I said I was already in the area, but wouldn't have minded treating myself to the shirt for a change. At least I saved £50

I was in about 1:40 today, the was 30 mins max from choosing a size, also picking one up for the wife with a guesstimate on size, queuing, getting served and paying half card half cash and was back at work with 5 mins left on my lunch.  I did see the staff swap around a couple of times to take their lunch (I don't have a problem with that) while I was in the queue.

I think the quality is decent, seems well made (watch it fall apart on the first wash) :)