Got my new Sheffield Wednesday shirt

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's almost impossible for a Wednesday shirt to flop- what you can do is get virtually everything wrong about the launch, the design and the supply. That way you can minimise the profits.

Basically that's what has happened.

Yeh agreed, fair to say it's been a textbook example of how not to do things.

My point was more around the design, and it proving more popular than some of the traditionalists might expect. I'm all for bringing the stripes back, but ignoring the shambles of getting the kit into stock today, don't mind the next kit and think as kits with no stripes go, it's the best we could hope for (I'm not including the price in that statement).

57 minutes ago, FutureOwl said:

Quick question. Are shorts & socks in stock for 6yrs and below ? 

If not any updates on when they land ?

No and no

42 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Being in the club shop was a very enjoyable experience today

Well done Wednesday

Surprised this got negged but not surprised when I checked to see it was @rickygoo

27 minutes ago, nk said:

I'm sure I read it's shirts only for infant kits, might have misunderstood but I took that to mean no shorts and socks.

Just for now, they're coming later. The plan was looking at the labelling to sell all 3 pieces as a mini kit for £50

15 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No and no

Surprised this got negged but not surprised when I checked to see it was @rickygoo

Just for now, they're coming later. The plan was looking at the labelling to sell all 3 pieces as a mini kit for £50

Do you know when the other kids sizes will be here?

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

I got the infants home shirt (3-4 yr) for 25.00 today. I am impressed with the quality and also impressed with the price, last years cost 50.00 with shorts and socks but they're not worth another 25.00 in my opinion so pleased with, as is the grandson. A small ***** (was this meant to be s h a f t ? ) of light in these troubled times I know, let's hope we can stuff the Dingles and get this season back on track.

s h a f t ?

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

This is all true; but no need to rain on everyone's parade on release day.

Hopefully stripes & a June release date next time.

It's the exact time to "rain on everyone's parade" because it IS true. Are you suggesting that nobody should comment as I have done, through fear of upsetting or offending the fans who bought the shirt? When the only reason I posted what I did, was to defend the consumer who is being ripped off repeatedly. As everyone knows, football has become hugely over-priced, and exploitative of loyal families traditions, and unfortunately Wednesday are right at the top of the list of mickey taking clubs at the moment. If no one speaks out against the pricing, and people just accept a kit release that's 3 months late and will be sold at £59 (!!!!!) who loses? The fans. 

I say moan, complain, don't buy, whinge, boycott, scream, wee wee on bonfires, rain on parades and maybe - if more of us pipe up - the millionaires and billionaires who are profiting from the naive fan, will have to pay attention.

Great to see the shirt selling well like I thought it would. Hopefully now we can finally see the back of those disgusting stripes for good and welcome a new era for our fantastic football club. When we get promoted back to the big time this will be the identity that we will be remembered for.

Also it has to be said that Mr Chansiri didn't have to reduce the prices for a kit that is still very much in use but that just shows what a great benevolent chairman we have at the helm. We must be the first club this season to offer a discount for the shirts so well done everyone at Wednesday! 

UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Great to see the shirt selling well like I thought it would. Hopefully now we can finally see the back of those disgusting stripes for good and welcome a new era for our fantastic football club. When we get promoted back to the big time this will be the identity that we will be remembered for.

Also it has to be said that Mr Chansiri didn't have to reduce the prices for a kit that is still very much in use but that just shows what a great benevolent chairman we have at the helm. We must be the first club this season to offer a discount for the shirts so well done everyone at Wednesday! 

UTO

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

39 minutes ago, metaframe said:

What are the adult sizes like? Come up big? Small? 

So I've heard. I posted this in another thread f anyone can help?

"I didn't want to create another kit thread, just wondering how straight forward it is to return online orders in store. All the sizing talk has me thinking I'll need to exchange for the next size up."