Got my new Sheffield Wednesday shirt

4 hours ago, Internationowl said:

Shambles of a kit. Disgusting price. Thanks to everyone who queued up to buy one today. It's a good indicator to Mr Chansiri that he can give it to us up the arse at any price, and on any date, and we'll take it.

This is all true; but no need to rain on everyone's parade on release day.

Hopefully stripes & a June release date next time.

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No one tells me what I should spend my  very hard earned and we'll deserved income on ...

And I'm sure S36 aspires to that same ethos too  I really look forward to seeing his own response to you ..

Not telling anyone what to spend their money on.  But I still don't understand the logic of slating the club because you like another shirt better.  Would you come on here and post a picture of Ralph Lauren polo shirt instead of the Wednesday one?  Would you buggery.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Not telling anyone what to spend their money on.  But I still don't understand the logic of slating the club because you like another shirt better.  Would you come on here and post a picture of Ralph Lauren polo shirt instead of the Wednesday one?  Would you buggery.

The Toffs shirt is a replica Wednesday shirt. The club used to sell replica old kits too. Lauren is hardly the same. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

The Toffs shirt is a replica Wednesday shirt. The club used to sell replica old kits too. Lauren is hardly the same. 

They still do sell old replica kits.  With stripes and everything.

Just don't get why you have to have a dig at the club with your buying habits.  Just buy what you like and get on with it.  Too easy to have a pop at the club these days for our fans.

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Show zero brand loyalty?  What do you want to be treated as?  Some kind of special interest case because you choose to follow Wednesday?  Football is business.  The very same posters have spent months moaning about the offering in the club shop and how bad the retail outlet was.  Now it's all too expensive or not the right design.

Literally can't win.

Brand loyalty happens at the turnstiles.

The rest is for customers to decide.

8 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Well must admit I’m impressed today.

the organisation of the staff during this busy day has really impressed me

1. a good system for ques controlled from the outside ques outside allowing certain amount at a time to enter then get shirts que again

2. The shirts they have plenty on the shelves for customers to get but once at counter receive a fresh on in cellophane wrapping clean and ready.

3. Pre ordered organised and ready to collect.

4. Staff very professional (flustered but professional) very understanding and helpful.

on to the shirts itself welll very happy it’s diffo to what was advertised at owls in park.

1. The chansiri accross front is not printed on its actually part of fabric :D very good.

2. Material very nice light weight

3. Properly stitched all over

4. WAWAW is part of fabric not printed

5. Date of anniversary not printed it is part of fabric.

Overall im impressed and I do think ya worth money.

DCF261CF-5786-4516-B781-E08B2D7FEE9B.jpeg.bed9b60e1d9b0e1668aafeb23f893c83.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, mattitheowl said:

They still do sell old replica kits.  With stripes and everything.

Just don't get why you have to have a dig at the club with your buying habits.  Just buy what you like and get on with it.  Too easy to have a pop at the club these days for our fans.

Because they’re selling a kit without stripes at the whim of a guy who doesn’t like them. Simple really. Have a butchers at that Dream Scene or whatever it is.

Have they got the stripes replicas in stock? Are they any good? 

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

My Dear Matt you really have picked on the wrong one tonight for the dare game I'm the World Champion "You Darent do that Guy" especially for you its a blue n white striped one too !!lol

20171023_193555.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

My Dear Matt you really have picked on the wrong one tonight for the dare game I'm the World Champion "You Darent do that Guy" especially for you its a blue n white striped one too !!lol

20171023_193555.jpg

Yeah, nobody dared you to do anything.  But cool story bro.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Hardly the same. 

Why not?  Apparently you are no more than just a customer.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

This is a special interest forum for all things"Wednesday".

No apparently that stops at the turnstile.  

Just not bothered...

18 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Show zero brand loyalty?  What do you want to be treated as?  Some kind of special interest case because you choose to follow Wednesday?  Football is business.  The very same posters have spent months moaning about the offering in the club shop and how bad the retail outlet was.  Now it's all too expensive or not the right design.

Literally can't win.

Nail on the head. Football is business.

I think that's the point though isn't it? Maybe not everyone is in board with the modern game taking fans for everything they've got an coming back wanting more.

'tis unfortunately the way but like everything else, it doesn't mean you should gleefully accept it just because it's the norm.

It's the same mentality that allows companies to keep you on hold for an hour before answering the phone. They don't bother doing anything about it because as customers we blindly accept it with nothing more than the occasional grumble whilst still handing our cash over.

Edited by londonowl
Typo
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Because they’re selling a kit without stripes at the whim of a guy who doesn’t like them. Simple really. Have a butchers at that Dream Scene or whatever it is.

Have they got the stripes replicas in stock? Are they any good? 

No but they've got the strip that our current kit is based on...I suppose Fantham was crap for wearing it lol