Got my new Sheffield Wednesday shirt

Glad no most people had a positive experience today.

I apologise if I bring the mood down a tad but it was different for me. I haven't bought a shirt for a few years, usually get them on offer for things like the gym if I do buy em. However I was in the area and was 50/50 about getting one for a change.

First impression was the parking, made sense they had somebody in pointing people where to park. As some will just take forever otherwise so thumbs up for that.

In the store the line was far too long, I expected this so no complaints about that. However at just after 1pm I only counted 6 staff on the tills for huge lines. Suppose people need a lunch break but wasn't impressed the line hadn't moved in 5 minutes I was there looking around. 

The quality of the shirts looked average at best to me and personally I'm not a fan of the kind of material used. Again I can't complain about the material as that's a preference. The stitching around the eleven8 looked cheap, several shirts I looked at looked almost dirty, with marks on. I've since read they were giving out packaged ones at the till, fair enough but seeing these put me off buying, that coupled with not being able to try one on. 

Glad most seem happy, but just wasn't for me. Not a wasted journey as I said I was already in the area, but wouldn't have minded treating myself to the shirt for a change. At least I saved £50

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Glad no most people had a positive experience today.

I apologise if I bring the mood down a tad but it was different for me. I haven't bought a shirt for a few years, usually get them on offer for things like the gym if I do buy em. However I was in the area and was 50/50 about getting one for a change.

First impression was the parking, made sense they had somebody in pointing people where to park. As some will just take forever otherwise so thumbs up for that.

In the store the line was far too long, I expected this so no complaints about that. However at just after 1pm I only counted 6 staff on the tills for huge lines. Suppose people need a lunch break but wasn't impressed the line hadn't moved in 5 minutes I was there looking around. 

The quality of the shirts looked average at best to me and personally I'm not a fan of the kind of material used. Again I can't complain about the material as that's a preference. The stitching around the eleven8 looked cheap, several shirts I looked at looked almost dirty, with marks on. I've since read they were giving out packaged ones at the till, fair enough but seeing these put me off buying, that coupled with not being able to try one on. 

Glad most seem happy, but just wasn't for me. Not a wasted journey as I said I was already in the area, but wouldn't have minded treating myself to the shirt for a change. At least I saved £50

Just read loads on Facebook moaning about the quality. Just to address your points, the Elev8 logo is embroidered and mine looks fine but sometimes with embroidery all it takes is one tiny pull for it to look a mess but is very easily addressed. Dirty shirts will be from people handling them and thats why this season giving packaged versions is so much better.

The last point that i've seen on Facebook about the thickness of the material makes me laugh, it's not 1960, they're supposed to be think and lightweight. Comparing to other offerings it's par for the course.

9 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Just read loads on Facebook moaning about the quality. Just to address your points, the Elev8 logo is embroidered and mine looks fine but sometimes with embroidery all it takes is one tiny pull for it to look a mess but is very easily addressed. Dirty shirts will be from people handling them and thats why this season giving packaged versions is so much better.

The last point that i've seen on Facebook about the thickness of the material makes me laugh, it's not 1960, they're supposed to be think and lightweight. Comparing to other offerings it's par for the course.

To your last point I know they are, I'm only 30 and played football myself so I know what material is often used, just not my presence to have to tight clingy material. Not comfortable, but as I said each to their own. 

I also agreed it made made more sense giving a packaged one at the till. 

Thanks for the reply but the only points you addressed were things I understood and was ok with lol

Cheers for clearing up the eleven8 logo though 

Who knows I might change my mind in a month and buy one. Today was more of a spur of the moment trip whilst I was there so I doubt it. Could obv order on line but woman in the shop mentioned sizes were smaller and I've already seen others say the same. I'm too lazy to wee wee about and send one back to get another

51 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Ordered my shirt this morning 

61W40O-H4ZL._SL1000_.jpg

Call me picky , but i prefer my Wednesday shirt with blue and white stripes on it. 

Ipswich shirt £59 

Wednesday shirt £43 

No brainer 

So you'd sooner put £43 into Toffs than £49 into Wednesday?

I REALLY don't get our fans.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

To your last point I know they are, I'm only 30 and played football myself so I know what material is often used, just not my presence to have to tight clingy material. Not comfortable, but as I said each to their own. 

I also agreed it made made more sense giving a packaged one at the till. 

Thanks for the reply but the only points you addressed were things I understood and was ok with lol

Cheers for clearing up the eleven8 logo though 

Who knows I might change my mind in a month and buy one. Today was more of a spur of the moment trip whilst I was there so I doubt it. Could obv order on line but woman in the shop mentioned sizes were smaller and I've already seen others say the same. I'm too lazy to wee wee about and send one back to get another

I was just about to post after seeing the stuff on FB re quality and saw your post so made sense to quote it. It was more a general post than specific response to you though

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

The shirts aren’t really comparable though are they? I’m sure he’d rather put the cash into Wednesday for something he’d like. 

• Like 1

No one tells me what I should spend my  very hard earned and we'll deserved income on ...

And I'm sure S36 aspires to that same ethos too  I really look forward to seeing his own response to you ..

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Ordered my shirt this morning 

61W40O-H4ZL._SL1000_.jpg

Call me picky , but i prefer my Wednesday shirt with blue and white stripes on it. 

Ipswich shirt £59 

Wednesday shirt £43 

No brainer 

I hope you clicked the link that was pinned on here so Neil got his cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems pretty obvious to me.

He likes that shirt that has stripes on (as I do). He wants a Wednesday shirt and prefers the striped over the new one. It isn't about shunning the club, it's about being a customer and spending your money on something you want, not blindly buying something just to put a few quid in your club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It's probably because the Toffs product is more like a Wednesday strip with it having our iconic Blue and White stripes

Its way better than this latest effort IMO

39 minutes ago, Patheard said:

Checked online about 11:30, 12-13yrs boys gone already. Surely that's not it?

I checked that after 9am wernt any then ,I read they had no shirts from age 9 to 16 years they just aint got any , also notice 12-13 sold out( with * but they never had any in 1st place) also why is that the biggest child size? don't think its right that we should be charged vat on 14 year old sizes another rip off. 

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

When you're treated as a customer....you do what ALL customers do...........

Show zero brand loyalty?  What do you want to be treated as?  Some kind of special interest case because you choose to follow Wednesday?  Football is business.  The very same posters have spent months moaning about the offering in the club shop and how bad the retail outlet was.  Now it's all too expensive or not the right design.

Literally can't win.

Just not bothered...