Reach

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Blatter said:

Rarely played in his correct position

This happened again today because of Loovens red card

Why he is continually played at left back when we have Fox & Pudil is hard to understand.

Criticise the coach, not the player for this.

At home he usualkyhe usually plays better at left back or wing back. I think if we played wing backs he would benefit.

8 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

At home he usualkyhe usually plays better at left back or wing back. I think if we played wing backs he would benefit.

10 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Rarely played in his correct position

This happened again today because of Loovens red card

Why he is continually played at left back when we have Fox & Pudil is hard to understand.

Criticise the coach, not the player for this.

Don't criticise the coach for a player that cant defend,cant attack ,cant cross, cant shoot , is slow and the biggest bottler of tackles ive ever seen at hillsborough

Just now, OwlsAce said:

Don't criticise the coach for a player that cant defend,cant attack ,cant cross, cant shoot , is slow and the biggest bottler of tackles ive ever seen at Hillsborough

but of course he bought him and he picks him 

Guest kelliesleftnut

Not going to slag the kid but it seems a lot rate him highly, so my question to them is what position suits him best, where do you think he should be playing to show us he is worth the money we paid for him ?

He is a gutless pathetic wage grabbing pr*ck,

Just take your man on and bang a decent cross in.

Instead he like knocking it back 2 yards for someone else to take it on.

Offers nothing and sums up the lethargic slow paced football we produce.

If he said anything to our fans today he deserves sparked out

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

He is a gutless pathetic wage grabbing pr*ck,

Just take your man on and bang a decent cross in.

Instead he like knocking it back 2 yards for someone else to take it on.

Offers nothing and sums up the lethargic slow paced football we produce.

If he said anything to our fans today he deserves sparked out

How can you get away posting absolute shybo like this as a moderator? 

I don't mind Reach. I think people are thinking he should be steaming down the LW looking like Bale or Giggs. He isn't that good of a footballer and his fee is pretty much par for the course for a young English player.

Like Vulva said, he is a managers dream. Versatile, always fit, can play 90 minutes every week, will do what he is told to do and works relatively hard for the team. I am not expecting him to be scoring and assisting each week. He isn't good enough to do that. My only criticism of him is bottling challenges at times. 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I don't mind Reach. I think people are thinking he should be steaming down the LW looking like Bale or Giggs. He isn't that good of a footballer and his fee is pretty much par for the course for a young English player.

Like Vulva said, he is a managers dream. Versatile, always fit, can play 90 minutes every week, will do what he is told to do and works relatively hard for the team. I am not expecting him to be scoring and assisting each week. He isn't good enough to do that. My only criticism of him is bottling challenges at times. 

That's all well and good him being a managers dream but he plays a position week in week out where he needs to be our outlet to create and score goals but like you say he isn't good enough and that's why he's one of the main reasons why we're suffering on the pitch right now.

In a promotion chasing team that has the strikers we do he shouldn't be one of the first names on the team sheet but unfortunately under Carlos he is.

6 hours ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Rather like half of our squad I think Reach is a good player at this level being affected by playing in the bobbar system of a poor manager.

What would Wilder do with our squad?  Reach would probably look fantastic. 

Agree with this that I feel we’d see a better player under a different manager, as I feel that about most players we have 

One of many players in our squad being slowly destroyed by Carlos.

Fresh Manager, and fresh ideas will totally revitalise the whole squad.

To be fair, it will revatalise the whole club, as we have a huge black cloud hanging over us, and we reek of failure.

Think Reach would be a good version of Wallace to be honest. Not the quickest, but gets around the pitch, has a goal on him and has far more assists than people realise/give him credit for. Does what he’s told to do, and would be effective tucking in with a genuine winger on the other side. 

Having a player like that (intelligent but not very quick) works only when you have pace somewhere else in the team for balance. 

Reach and Wallace midfield and Hooper and Fletcher up top just doesn’t work as a unit. At all. One paced and easy to play against. 

9 hours ago, OwlsAce said:

Don't criticise the coach for a player that cant defend,cant attack ,cant cross, cant shoot , is slow and the biggest bottler of tackles ive ever seen at hillsborough

Could say similar things about Wallace on the other flank. 

Wonder how he would fare if continually played at full back.

Continually singling out and scapegoating individuals does nothing to support a team.

3 hours ago, s6 owl said:

That's all well and good him being a managers dream but he plays a position week in week out where he needs to be our outlet to create and score goals but like you say he isn't good enough and that's why he's one of the main reasons why we're suffering on the pitch right now.

In a promotion chasing team that has the strikers we do he shouldn't be one of the first names on the team sheet but unfortunately under Carlos he is.

I agree. For me he's a left back, if we had a proper out and out pacey and attacking LW I think we'd see him shine. Sadly, he's mostly trying to do two jobs as very rarely do we have a LW playing in their orthodox way. 

Reach is a left back, period.

Isn't skilful enough or have enough quality on the ball to be a good winger in this league, maybe in L2 he would but not here.

All things considered I think from the games i've seen this season (all except Bolton & Derby) he's looked fairly assured at LB. Obviously he's had his bad games but that was often where everyone around him was playing badly too... Like others he will get better defensively especially with Hutch or Loovens there to manage him but going forward he is a real asset. 

Edited by Lionel Fessi