Carlos goes if we lose?

Guest RocketOwl

4 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Quite a few threads on this.

For me Carlos goes if Joao doesn't start. We have absolutely no pace or mobility in attacking areas. We have Hooper and Bannan who can spot a run but no one making them. It's becoming very noticeable and if he ignores Joao for a further game it just shows he's become incompetent.

Why start another one then?  :columbo:

The only way Carlos would be sacked is if we got smashed at home by our local rivals then follow it up with an insipid  display against the bottom of the table team... Hang on ... What?? 

Edited by owlmanc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

For me Carlos goes if Joao doesn't start. We have absolutely no pace or mobility in attacking areas. We have Hooper and Bannan who can spot a run but no one making them. It's becoming very noticeable and if he ignores Joao for a further game it just shows he's become incompetent.

Said it before that imo DC won't pull the trigger until its mathematically impossible to reach the playoffs.

5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

What if (unlikely I know) Joao doesn't start and we hammer Derby anyway? Does Carlos still have to go?

Edited by Guest

Reasons why Carlos has to go include:

"He has no plan B"

"Rotates the squad too much"

"Only plays his favourites"

"The defence is the weak point"

"The midfield is too light weight"

"We should get rid of Bannan"

"We should get rid go Rhodes"

"Why have we paid that for Hooper"

"Its Carlos's fault George Hirst wont sign"

"we've no pace"

"we've no width"

"we've too many comb-overs"

3 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

OK, say we don’t lose tomorrow and embark we on the kind of run we have done over the past couple of seasons, a run which puts in the autos mix, will you still want him gone?

Yes because we could go on a great run, miss the autos then play like we did against Huddersfield and waste another great opportunity, just like last season

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:
Reasons why Carlos has to go include:

"He has no plan B"

"we've no pace"

"we've no width"

Tbf that last point is bang on 

Just now, the third man said:

Yes because we could go on a great run, miss the autos then play like we did against Huddersfield and waste another great opportunity, just like last season

Anything but automatic promotion is a failure for us this season considering two play-off flops.Carlos will 99% get us into them again and no doubt fail again.

We really are in danger of becoming locked in a good but not quite good enough cycle for several seasons.

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

"He has no plan B"

"we've no pace"

"we've no width"

The list is endless - really don't know why some fans bother going to the matches.

Those are comments you'll see in any "official matchday thread" by them that lose their shyte when the team is announced.

33 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Anything but automatic promotion is a failure for us this season considering two play-off flops.Carlos will 99% get us into them again and no doubt fail again.

We really are in danger of becoming locked in a good but not quite good enough cycle for several seasons.

What if we were promoted via the play-offs, would that be a failure? 

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Dont hold your breath, DC has no plans to ditch CC, think he will be here at least until the next window,

If we don't sack him before end of January there's no point in my mind in sacking him unless there's a chance of us being relegated of course.

By January it will be too late to mount any serious challenge and we'll be at least 8 points and 5 places off the play offs and 15 points and 9 places off automatic.

It's either now or end of season when betterr managers will be relieved of their duties

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Some fans talk absolute piffle at times, if we are top 6 by xmas the same fans will be saying CC is a genius, I cant understand why after 2 seasons reaching the playoffs, some of us cant give him a little time to put things right after a few admittedly bad results.

"He has no plan B"

"we've no pace"

"we've no width"

The list is endless - really don't know why some fans bother going to the matches.

Having said all that we really do need to start ripping into teams and I really cant work out why we don't do that consistently, but I also think the management team have  afar better insight into "everythang" then we do.

2-0 win tomorrow to but a half grin on a few of the negative nigels lol

Carlos will never be a genius while I have a hole in my pooper. The people that think he is must have seen some really poo football :columbo:

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl
5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Just to be fair Rocket Joao was dropped and taken out of the firing line for a reason, Blackburn didn't want to keep him for a reason, prior to his demise from our first 18 he had become unselectable.

Now following a few very good minutes against United he's become a 'player' again.  Sorry mate but his value has gone up because he's been out of sight he's the same class of player the vast majority wanted to see benched although personally I'd like to see him back on the bench and as JR is injured he most certainly will be imo.

one  reason I cant see that he will get sacked   is all but bullen and Rhodes and andy kallins  in his staff are Portuguese , we are in serious trouble with finance regarding ffp etc so how much would it cost to fire them all? and hire new staff? couple million? ive got no faith in anyone at the club , I wernt milans biggest fan but there`s no way he would put up with whats going on on and off the pitch.

Guest RocketOwl

Lots of negs for saying give Joao a start.... yet it's the same people who are moaning we are not winning. Giving a young fast striker a chance eager to please...I must be mad,

Guest RocketOwl
20 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Just to be fair Rocket Joao was dropped and taken out of the firing line for a reason, Blackburn didn't want to keep him for a reason, prior to his demise from our first 18 he had become unselectable.

Now following a few very good minutes against United he's become a 'player' again.  Sorry mate but his value has gone up because he's been out of sight he's the same class of player the vast majority wanted to see benched although personally I'd like to see him back on the bench and as JR is injured he most certainly will be imo.

Sorry mate but those who go to the games will have seen a clear change in Joao while attitude. He looks stronger, gives us pace we crave and you can tell he wants to impress. It's not just the united game where he took his goal incredibly well it's his cameo appearances away at Birmingham and Bolton where he looked twice the threat of we know who.