Is this the kind of bad luck Sheffield Wednesday are having?

Luck evens out over the season normally,we have had some poor decisions recently,I said after the disallowed Lee goal v leeds,the Hooper goal at brum,Boyds goal at burton,the pen at preston looked harsh on Tom Lees,in my opinion,I thought hed got the ball fairly.

But weve had some let offs as well,Fulham missed some very good chances,Burton maybe should have been two up before Hooper scored,Leeds were wastefull early on,and we rode our luck a touch in the 2nd half at Cardiff.

Its swings and rounabouts,we gave away two soft early goals in the derby,you could go on forever.Fact is if your playing well,in the hunt from the 1st whistle,and take your chances, you dont need any luck because your already out of sight.

Edited by legendaryswan

28 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's not even just that for me. I wouldn't expect many teams to attack for 90 minutes and stroll to victory. But we don't even try in the first half of games, we don't compete for 2nd balls. We sit back and play slow sloppy football with no movement. The opposition gains so much confidence and belief. 

Thats my point really. Of course I don't expect us to dominate for 90 minutes at this level.

I would just like us to set the tempo in games, come out attacking and play with purpose. The majority of first halfs under CC are slow and ponderous. 

I ll just leave that here.....

Dwelling on Ball / Too Many Touches

TurtleyTerrible replied to ItsAGrumbleFromImre's topic in SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY

Massive lack of creativity impacted by our stagnant play, resulting in few chances and the odd long shot. Same as last season. Carlos youre a decent bloke but its bye bye for me. Carlos needs to go now so we can save our season. Why wait until 10/20 games in before we inevitably get rid of him. I hope I will be eating my words but i doubt it

It's better to be lucky than good as you can't defend against luck . Thing is that if you spent your entire match for instance in the opponents penalty area you will luckily get penalties , opponents getting sent off , deflections that go in , miss hit shots that go in . We rarely get luck because were rarely in a position to get any . As has been said , the more you practice the luckier you get . Last seasin the berties had what could be classed as loads of luck which would be true , they had to be in a position to get the luck though . Teams on a bad run don't get luck because they aren't in a position to get any . 

Edited by cross owl

1 hour ago, swampyowl01 said:

You really need to make ur mind up. One topic u  r slating cc the next u have got ur tongue right up his bkside. It mite well be your website but you are as two faced as they come. U display no consistancy in ur topics at all! 

It's all about traffic pal that's all he's bothered about , just wants to get bites out of people regardless of the topic 

3 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Luck evens out over the season normally,we have had some poor decisions recently,I said after the disallowed Lee goal v leeds,the Hooper goal at brum,Boyds goal at burton,the pen at preston looked harsh on Tom Lees,in my opinion,I thought hed got the ball fairly.

But weve had some let offs as well,Fulham missed some very good chances,Burton maybe should have been two up before Hooper scored,Leeds were wastefull early on,and we rode our luck a touch in the 2nd half at Cardiff.

Its swings and rounabouts,we gave away two soft early goals in the derby,you could go on forever.Fact is if your playing well,in the hunt from the 1st whistle,and take your chances, you dont need any luck because your already out of sight.

The evens out over the season stuff is utter crap. We've been on the end of some horrendous refereiing decisions over the last few years and I have yet to see em even start to address the balance. 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

22448369_10214500879305987_2890482621038019603_n.jpg

Whenever a team is doing badly and the manger is under fire and looking nervously around him to see if he's about to be handed his P45, there always seems to be a run of bad luck.

Whether that's with injuries to your best players (we have been without Lee, Westwood, Hutch, Loovens, Forestieri etc etc) or with incidents like the above where one of the outfield players pulls of a magnificent save with his hands.

You gotta feel for Carlos right now. Sends his players out to play and they just let us all down, and then incidents like this happen too.

I hope we have a good run now starting with the next game so the critics of Carlos can see we've got a solid manager at Sheffield Wednesday

Its bad management from top to bottom.

Guest The Claw
4 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No, can you tell me how we're wearing the Hull kit

socks on feet, shorts on middle, shirt on top

On 16/10/2017 at 11:59, Bouncing Owl said:

We've been unfortunate this season with some bad luck in games, however last season bar Derby away we had more than our fair share of luck throughout the season. In my opinion, we were very lucky to finish 4th.

I agree. Last season we seemed to get an awful lot of decisions going in our favour - and given how tight the margins were in our results last season it often meant the difference between a win and a draw, or a draw and defeat.

They say these decisions tend to balance of out over the course of a season. Unfortunately for us, it looks like last season's decisions are averaging out over this season!