Is this the kind of bad luck Sheffield Wednesday are having?

22448369_10214500879305987_2890482621038019603_n.jpg

Whenever a team is doing badly and the manger is under fire and looking nervously around him to see if he's about to be handed his P45, there always seems to be a run of bad luck.

Whether that's with injuries to your best players (we have been without Lee, Westwood, Hutch, Loovens, Forestieri etc etc) or with incidents like the above where one of the outfield players pulls of a magnificent save with his hands.

You gotta feel for Carlos right now. Sends his players out to play and they just let us all down, and then incidents like this happen too.

I hope we have a good run now starting with the next game so the critics of Carlos can see we've got a solid manager at Sheffield Wednesday

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whenever a team is doing badly and the manger is under fire and looking nervously around him to see if he's about to be handed his P45, there always seems to be a run of bad luck.

Whether that's with injuries to your best players (we have been without Lee, Westwood, Hutch, Loovens, Forestieri etc etc) or with incidents like the above where one of the outfield players pulls of a magnificent save with his hands.

You gotta feel for Carlos right now. Sends his players out to play and they just let us all down, and then incidents like this happen too.

I hope we have a good run now starting with the next game so the critics of Carlos can see we've got a solid manager at Sheffield Wednesday

The incident you’re referring to resulted in a goal anyway. The lad should’ve been sent off though, it was blatant cheating. 

The Lee penalty appeal is the one that would’ve likely given us a draw. That was a stone wall penalty. To book Lee for diving was criminal. 

We’ve not been getting decisions from the refs again, but regardless Carlos is rightly under pressure because of issues that have been present for over a year now, and seemingly nothing has been done about it. The defending has been diabolical in recent months, and we’ve been poor in attack. We have one of the leagues best strikers, but appear to have ruined him. Just a couple of issues there that really concern me.

I’m fed up of the same lethargic start to games. I’m fed up of sh*t teams bullying us, and I’m fed up of watching us have no clue how to play against teams that throw the kitchen sink at us. Carlos seems to worry about the opposition too much, he needs to get back to the mindset that he had in season 1....but I think it’s too late for that now. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which planet are you on? He's lost the plot with his tactics, teams like Birmingham and Bolton were there to be had if we had just gone at them instead of tip tapping about, sorry but every other team in the division has us sussed, 2 points from the 4 matches

against the bottom 4 teams so far tells us exactly where we are going and it ain't the Premier League. Unfortunately Mr Chansiris naivety with regard to football means that he probably won't sack him but the club is becoming a laughing stock both on and off the pitch.

Gary Player used to say the more I practice the luckier I get. I watch the same mistakes week in week out i.e  wide players that can't cross a ball, players taking too long to release the ball, corners that sail through to the back of the penalty area where yet again we have nobody or corners that can't be the first man free kicks that are threatening to supporters in row Z, distribution from goalkeepers and defenders that sail out of play, defenders who cannot defend and our left side being exploited game after game. What on earth does the coaching staff do in the week leading up to games to address these issues?

Burton's next home game after we drew there saw them concede four. Birmingham's next game after beating us saw them hammered 6-0 at Hull. The last time Bolton scored, before Saturday, was when they played us back in August.

The only thing that's been "unlucky", if you can call it that, is for us to play probably the three worst sides in the league in consecutive away games.

Without question we have had some terrible luck.

No doubt about it.

Then again...being two goal down against a team who have failed to score a goal in nearly 700 minutes of action tells it own story.

Luck undoubtedly plays a big part.

You take it where you can get it. 

But you should never rely on getting it.

In fairness, Bolton could easily have had three men sent off ; the handball incident , the lunge on Fletch and the foul on Lee were all worthy of a red card : but with the squad we have we should be beating these teams without breaking a sweat. We shouldn't have to rely on the officials doing their jobs properly ; it's up to us to do our jobs properly.

It was blatant cheating and he should have been sent off.

It was also an absolutely definite penalty. A no doubter.

However, the first half was diabolical. Utterly ridiculous to set up how we did against a team as poor as Bolton. We played in the second half with a quick tempo, on the front foot. We still kept making mistakes at the back which gifted them chances but there was an urgency that wasn't there first half. There is no reason for us not to play like that all game. Luck didn't play a part in that. So fucking frustrating.

Slow day on here again then? 

Its really simple, you seem to have the worst luck when results don't go your way, we forget about the bad luck we have if we get a 1-0 win. Equally we get good luck in games and it's not mentioned.   I don't think we are in any state that a fresh pair of eyes could not get us out of but the constant pot stiring isn't going to help. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You're done it again. Your little pearls of wisdom, a little bit of the old petroleum onto the fire and watch it roar up. I have to have little titter everytime one of these posts crops up, because without reading them, know exactly what's coming. But credit where credits due, you certainly get a reaction. WAWAW

No excuses for the first half display.

We don't play for 90 minutes under Carlos. Leeds game was clearly a one off.

Slow starts and cautious tactics against absolutely bobbar teams like Bolton are inexcusable. Attack them from the go like we did in the second half and the game is ours.

It's a pattern which has ran throughout his tenure here and it amazes me he's still in a job.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No excuses for the first half display.

We don't play for 90 minutes under Carlos. Leeds game was clearly a one off.

Slow starts and cautious tactics against absolutely bobbar teams like Bolton are inexcusable. Attack them from the go like we did in the second half and the game is ours.

It's a pattern which has ran throughout his tenure here and it amazes me he's still in a job.

It's not even just that for me. I wouldn't expect many teams to attack for 90 minutes and stroll to victory. But we don't even try in the first half of games, we don't compete for 2nd balls. We sit back and play slow sloppy football with no movement. The opposition gains so much confidence and belief.