Van Aken

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Had two complete mares against Leeds that should have led to goals.

Three.

But I don't get your need to have such a pop. Others have discussed him critically with less Sun headline style.

Edited by Holmowl

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Ye mate pretty much...at least i have a little more insight into the game than to see a defender pulling off a 60 yard pass and to instantly dub him the real deal...I have that little bit of insight and ability to analyse, other than to just say exactly what I see as soon as I see it.

Do expand ...

5 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Had two complete mares against Leeds that should have led to goals.

You talk complete and total and utter tosh mate - As CC said with his £20 rant it's still the same player even after a hammering, form is temporary class is permanent and you talking rounduns is a given.

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You talk complete and total and utter tosh mate - As CC said with his £20 rant it's still the same player even after a hammering, form is temporary class is permanent and you talking rounduns is a given.

Made at least 1 glaring defensive mistake in every game so far.

9 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Ye mate pretty much...at least i have a little more insight into the game than to see a defender pulling off a 60 yard pass and to instantly dub him the real deal...I have that little bit of insight and ability to analyse, other than to just say exactly what I see as soon as I see it.

and yet still come to that bizarre conclusion ....mind boggling

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why don't you just enjoy the win instead of stinking the forum out with your nonsense?

Because its important to not just react on a game by game basis...I have a long term opinion on what will happen this season that isnt based on one game at a time...this is because i have insight into the game and an ability to analyse...I dont just say what I see week by week.

It is my opinion that Van Aken isnt that great and this is built on my analysis over the period not just one game.

It is my opinion that whilst we will often blow teams away...10-12 times this season we will need a plan b, which we don't have. This is often enough to prevent us from getting promoted. That is an opinion based on what I have seen this season...this doesn't change based on whether we win/loose or play well/badly.

1 minute ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Because its important to not just react on a game by game basis...I have a long term opinion on what will happen this season that isnt based on one game at a time...this is because i have insight into the game and an ability to analyse...I dont just say what I see week by week.

It is my opinion that Van Aken isnt that great and this is built on my analysis over the period not just one game.

It is my opinion that whilst we will often blow teams away...10-12 times this season we will need a plan b, which we don't have. This is often enough to prevent us from getting promoted. That is an opinion based on what I have seen this season...this doesn't change based on whether we win/loose or play well/badly.

I can only refer you to my original post...you wearisome Herbert.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

What, four games?

Yep 4 games so far...Often not a long enough period to make a judgement...but when someone has made such glaringly obviously and important mistakes in such a period...I feel it is long enough to make a judgement.

Both of them are not really organisers which is where it is difficult to get a partnership started.  Lees has been helped out by an experienced player and i'm pretty sure if Van Aken was at the side of Loovens he would benefit in the same way.

The entire defence was poor against the pigs and there was multiple mistakes in all of the goals that could have been averted them, so to nail on one player is bad form.  He made mistakes yesterday and will continue to make some the same as every other player, if he didn't he wouldn't be playing for us.

You also have to take into account the speed of the game (a lot quicker than even the Dutch Prem), the lack of time with his colleagues (a pre-season was needed), the upheaval and move, new country and cultures.  

I can see a point where they are played as a three which can only benefit both with the experience that Loovens can share, hopefully they will learn to organise but will need time.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why is anyone wasting their time indulging the absolute idiot of an op. 

Because it’s nice to have Alan Irvine back.

Welcome back Alan.

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Yep 4 games so far...Often not a long enough period to make a judgement...but when someone has made such glaringly obviously and important mistakes in such a period...I feel it is long enough to make a judgement.

I’ve read several of your posts and I feel that’s enough to form the opinion that a goldfish possesses greater intellect and critical thinking. 

7 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

A few years ago some blunts I knew were raving about Harry Maguire.

I watched them on the telly a couple of times play for the pigs.

I thought he was a young lad who they vastly over-rated because he had excellent timing in the leap and head. 

I thought he was slower than a dray horse and had the turning circle of the QE2.

I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. 

Now he's a Premier League player and in the England squad. 

Judging players based on a couple of games is folly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Nah...he nearly gifted them two goals and makes at least one defensive mistake in every game he has played for us...I'll rewatch when home from work and post minutes and seconds of mistakes.

Why do you want to do that? Do you think anyone cares what you think?

What is the purpose of your post? Great day yesterday and all you can do is look for negatives. Posters like you make me puke.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I actually think it's disgusting that you're trying to put down a young lad who is excited to join the club and develop himself. 

He has come from a very good academy in Heerenveen where the fans loved him and he was an exciting and positive defender. 

Don't you remember Carlos' story in his first season about one of the defenders he coached who always got booed? Cheer him, be positive and help him with his development, don't just make him a scapegoat because you don't rate him.

Edited by Oliver Read