Hooper & Joao

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Joao should start against Brum no doubt. Although he has his faults he offers something different and with the way CC plays we need that something different.

Hooper Joao up top for me.

Agreed. 

No good moaning about lack of pace. Give the man at least the chances that Rhodes and Dave get.

I'd be giving Matias a run out  v Brum too. Seems to be fit, is pretty pacey and capable of that bit of creativity too. 

Joao should 100% start. He was something different. He held it well, took people on and he has pace. Took his goal brilliantly. 

Let the lad prove himself. His only downfall is that he isn't a big name so cc doesn't persist unless that have a big name. 

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Agreed. 

No good moaning about lack of pace. Give the man at least the chances that Rhodes and Dave get.

I'd be giving Matias a run out  v Brum too. Seems to be fit, is pretty pacey and capable of that bit of creativity too. 

100 percent agree can't see it happening tho 

Joao played well down that left side I'd let him play there more often and his work coming into centre with his place helped. Was really impressed with him felt like if we got ball to him he would make something happen along with hooper who is priceless atm I fear anything happening to him

I would give him  a go on Wednesday although it would be with a little trepidation.

He came on on the left yesterday when we were pushing forward as a team. It will be a different story up front away from home against Morrison, Dean or Roberts.

We are in a real mess tactically so something has to change but I have no idea what Carlos will do Wednesday.

Will be very disappointed if I get there and the team has a flat  442 with Bannan and Jones in the middle.

35 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Some need dropping after that debacle. 

For me Loovens for Aken if he's fit. Butterfield for Lee (needs protecting or he'll end up out again) and Reach back on the left with Pudil at LB. 

That would be it for me. 

Agreed, time to bring Hutchinson back into the squad..Pity he wasn't fit enough to be in on Sunday. Can't think that Brooks and Clarke would have had easy runs on goal with him around.

I know he hasn't developed the way that we would have liked but there is no doubt the talent that Joao has. He still remains very raw but he must be used more. Personally, I would use him predominantly as first sub to bring on to stretch teams in the last 30 minutes in games. Build his confidence up with the aim of getting him in the first team.

Modern day football requires players who are unpredictable and have pace. He is the only one in our squad that possesses this.

Going onto the Brum game - I see us going 4-4-2 with Pudil back in for Wallace as a minimum. Lee to possibly to play right midfield. Jones could get dropped if Hutch is fit and Van Aken could be vulnerable if Loovens is up to speed.

59 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Some need dropping after that debacle. 

For me Loovens for Aken if he's fit. Butterfield for Lee (needs protecting or he'll end up out again) and Reach back on the left with Pudil at LB. 

That would be it for me. 

Yes Lee was surprisingly anonymous yesterday. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Joao should 100% start. He was something different. He held it well, took people on and he has pace. Took his goal brilliantly. 

Let the lad prove himself. His only downfall is that he isn't a big name so cc doesn't persist unless that have a big name. 

Other than Hooper could not see any of our other strikers taking Joao chance as well as he did.

Such confidence, assurdness. Other strikers we have would have snatched at that at the moment. Has to start next 5-10 games and let's see him go.

Even when he first came here and looked immense he was always taken out the team, Give him the chance others have been given!!!!!

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

such a shame as at one point would have been first name on the team sheet and was playing for Portugal and looked at by premier league teams....he is young yes but as incredible pace and as proven at man City this season fast paced direct football gets you the results not slow slow slow build up like we always do...for that brief moment in second half leading up to second goal we were doing the very same thing and we were all over United.

56 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Other than Hooper could not see any of our other strikers taking Joao chance as well as he did.

Such confidence, assurdness. Other strikers we have would have snatched at that at the moment. Has to start next 5-10 games and let's see him go.

Even when he first came here and looked immense he was always taken out the team, Give him the chance others have been given!!!!!

Exactly. He's a young hungry player who was getting in the Portugal side and destroyed arsenal playing as a lone forward. But Carlos has backed Fletcher who has always been inconsistent. 

On his day he is the perfect partner for a goalscorer like Hooper or Rhodes to play off. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Exactly. He's a young hungry player who was getting in the Portugal side and destroyed arsenal playing as a lone forward. But Carlos has backed Fletcher who has always been inconsistent. 

On his day he is the perfect partner for a goalscorer like Hooper or Rhodes to play off. 

Joao just needs a run of 5-6 games like we afforded Rhodes.

Joao has come on and for a confidence player he has at last shown some signs of character and fight. He deserves a start.

Hes been playing well for the U23s all season out of his skin in fact. Yet our fans call for Hirst??!? When Joao is head and shoulders above Hirst on current ability.

3 hours ago, raljex said:

Far more impressive than how he has played. He's a waster who cheats by pretending he's putting effort in. The ball NEVER sticks with him. I thought he would be a good signing when we got him but he has been dreadful.

So how many goals exactly ?