Hooper & Joao

For me they played well IMO... Joao made a surprising impact.

But...

Westwood - Somethings not right this season, keeps making mistakes. What's happened?!

Lees - Good defender but not really a captain, and for me always lacks any ability to pass forward. Needs support of another good CB

Van Aken - Too early for him and clearly out of his depth yesterday.

Hunt - Still no confidence this season and terrible balls in. (Hooper absolutely screaming at him in the first half for poor crosses)

Reach - I honestly don't see what people see in him. I just see constant sloppy mistakes. Lots of running and never any end result.

Wallace - As usual he's predictable and every full back knows what he's going to do. Yesterday he was same as usual for me.

Bannan - Wasn't on it yesterday as we've seen him in the past. Can play much better.

Lee - Again didn't deliver. Small moments here and there but again like Bannan seen better.

Jones - Never seems to go forward. I'd rather have Hutch (although I know people think Hutch is a liability)

Fletcher - Seen him win more balls and play better before but personally I can't lay all the blame there though as I think the service was poor.

Rhodes (on for Fletcher) - Why?... Everyone knows it will make zero impact. Was Fletcher tired? What was the point of that?

Be interested to know if you agree in any/some/none of these points.

1 minute ago, Vernon1867 said:

Joao should play more

He's just about the only truly athletic player we've got. Made a real impact yesterday.

As for Rhodes, it was a classic performance from him - an invisible one

Can't blame Rhodes, He had the ball kicked at his head 3 times and did well to control all three, other than that he had nothing.

Fletch has been carrying a knock, I'd go Hooper and Joao at Brum midweek. Joao looked like he had some confidence and Hooper has 5 in 5. Give the new Portuguese defender a run out too

1 minute ago, LawtyOwl said:

But...

Westwood - Somethings not right this season, keeps making mistakes. What's happened?! Players go out of form sometimes. We've seen how good he can be, even on an average game. It's just unfortunate he's out of form at the moment.

Lees - Good defender but not really a captain, and for me always lacks any ability to pass forward. Needs support of another good CB Agreed

Van Aken - Too early for him and clearly out of his depth yesterday. Agreed, but given he'd played pretty well so far how could he have been replaced, and with whom?

Hunt - Still no confidence this season and terrible balls in. (Hooper absolutely screaming at him in the first half for poor crosses) Agreed

Reach - I honestly don't see what people see in him. I just see constant sloppy mistakes. Lots of running and never any end result. He played well going forward for the 20 mins after HT, and it was his run and cross that led to the equaliser. Shocking the rest of the game.

Wallace - As usual he's predictable and every full back knows what he's going to do. Yesterday he was same as usual for me. Agreed

Bannan - Wasn't on it yesterday as we've seen him in the past. Can play much better. Agreed

Lee - Again didn't deliver. Small moments here and there but again like Bannan seen better. Agreed

Jones - Never seems to go forward. I'd rather have Hutch (although I know people think Hutch is a liability) Agreed. Apart from the free-kick he took, I didn't notice him touch the ball.

Fletcher - Seen him win more balls and play better before but personally I can't lay all the blame there though as I think the service was poor. Agreed

Rhodes (on for Fletcher) - Why?... Everyone knows it will make zero impact. Was Fletcher tired? What was the point of that? If we'd continued playing after he came on the way we had from HT to the equaliser, he might've thrived. We didn't.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Joao should start against Brum no doubt. Although he has his faults he offers something different and with the way CC plays we need that something different.

Hooper Joao up top for me.

Wouldn't yesterday make 18 goals from 17 starts for Hooper and Fletcher together ?

But still we played a bad game so change everything 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Wouldn't yesterday make 18 goals from 17 starts for Hooper and Fletcher together ?

But still we played a bad game so change everything 

It's nothing to do with yesterday mate it's a result of how Carlos has us playing. I've wanted him out for a long time now but that's not going to happen. Hooper and Fletcher have been playing well but it doesn't excuse all tha failings we have.

joao has pace.... something we lack. He came on and did well and scored in an otherwise gutless performance and has to be rewarded for that in my opinion. The shirt should be his to lose and Hooper is our only positive player at the moment so they should start.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Joao should start against Brum no doubt. Although he has his faults he offers something different and with the way CC plays we need that something different.

Hooper Joao up top for me.

Yep, however my worry is that Joao is one of those players that has great ability and shows the odd glimmer of it every once in a while but then can't be bothered the rest of the time. Isn't that what happened at the beginning of last season? I remember people bemoaning him then. I'd absolutely love for him to prove me wrong though and deserves a chance.

2 minutes ago, LawtyOwl said:

Yep, however my worry is that Joao is one of those players that has great ability and shows the odd glimmer of it every once in a while but then can't be bothered the rest of the time. Isn't that what happened at the beginning of last season? I remember people bemoaning him then. I'd absolutely love for him to prove me wrong though and deserves a chance.

Agree with you there mate but he deserves a chance. Fletcher is either very good or pants IMO and shouldn't be automatic choice. Just hope Joao being put in the cold has spurred him on so he can kick on and become the player we thought he would be.

28 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Can't blame Rhodes, He had the ball kicked at his head 3 times and did well to control all three, other than that he had nothing.

Fletch has been carrying a knock, I'd go Hooper and Joao at Brum midweek. Joao looked like he had some confidence and Hooper has 5 in 5. Give the new Portuguese defender a run out too

jesus yes how he controlled joosts thunderbolt to his head was incredible lol

While I agree that fletcher and hooper is main choice pairing, Joao should start ahead of fletcher, he was poor against Brentford and even worse yesterday, sure Carlos has said he's playing with an injury so it's time he got benched, joost keeps picking these balls out to fletcher but he's not got the pace to keep up with the CBs so if he can pick the same balls out to Joao he could bag a few

Edited by Crack pot

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, LawtyOwl said:

But...

Westwood - Somethings not right this season, keeps making mistakes. What's happened?!

Lees - Good defender but not really a captain, and for me always lacks any ability to pass forward. Needs support of another good CB

Van Aken - Too early for him and clearly out of his depth yesterday.

Hunt - Still no confidence this season and terrible balls in. (Hooper absolutely screaming at him in the first half for poor crosses)

Reach - I honestly don't see what people see in him. I just see constant sloppy mistakes. Lots of running and never any end result.

Wallace - As usual he's predictable and every full back knows what he's going to do. Yesterday he was same as usual for me.

Bannan - Wasn't on it yesterday as we've seen him in the past. Can play much better.

Lee - Again didn't deliver. Small moments here and there but again like Bannan seen better.

Jones - Never seems to go forward. I'd rather have Hutch (although I know people think Hutch is a liability)

Fletcher - Seen him win more balls and play better before but personally I can't lay all the blame there though as I think the service was poor.

Rhodes (on for Fletcher) - Why?... Everyone knows it will make zero impact. Was Fletcher tired? What was the point of that?

Joao impact was not surprising to me.