Hooper & Joao

I sometimes wonder if people log on here by mistake and auto correct just happens to fill names of Wednesday players to replace those of other teams that people think they are talking about.

lets start with Hunt....been poor all season I read earlier in this thread.....absolute rubbish....yes he had a bad game yesterday but that apart he's arguably been just behind Hooper and Bannon as one of the better players this year.

wallace next....10 games on from being player of last season he's rubbish and contributes nothing...no delivery etc....can anyone recall our first goal yesterday?

Reach is another interesting one and whilst not being his biggest fan he suffers from the fact that Under Carlos our biggest attacking threat has to come from the full backs....hence why attacking nous is more important in getting picked than being a good defender but then he gets ripped to shreds by folk for not being good at defending......that's because he never has been, nor claimed to be a defender 

Then Fletcher......stealing a wage apparently....again 10 games on from being our leading scorer last season and part of a partnership that has 17 goals 18 games

some folk need to get a grip....bad day out and once tomorrow's open top bus ride round the city is over we can get back to reality.....in 6 days time we could quite easily be above United.

8 hours ago, LawtyOwl said:

For me they played well IMO... Joao made a surprising impact.

But...

Westwood - Somethings not right this season, keeps making mistakes. What's happened?!

Lees - Good defender but not really a captain, and for me always lacks any ability to pass forward. Needs support of another good CB

Van Aken - Too early for him and clearly out of his depth yesterday.

Hunt - Still no confidence this season and terrible balls in. (Hooper absolutely screaming at him in the first half for poor crosses)

Reach - I honestly don't see what people see in him. I just see constant sloppy mistakes. Lots of running and never any end result.

Wallace - As usual he's predictable and every full back knows what he's going to do. Yesterday he was same as usual for me.

Bannan - Wasn't on it yesterday as we've seen him in the past. Can play much better.

Lee - Again didn't deliver. Small moments here and there but again like Bannan seen better.

Jones - Never seems to go forward. I'd rather have Hutch (although I know people think Hutch is a liability)

Fletcher - Seen him win more balls and play better before but personally I can't lay all the blame there though as I think the service was poor.

Rhodes (on for Fletcher) - Why?... Everyone knows it will make zero impact. Was Fletcher tired? What was the point of that?

Be interested to know if you agree in any/some/none of these points.

I've said it before and been hammered.. I cannot see the potential in reach. He's just very average.

3 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Exactly. He's a young hungry player who was getting in the Portugal side and destroyed arsenal playing as a lone forward. But Carlos has backed Fletcher who has always been inconsistent. 

On his day he is the perfect partner for a goalscorer like Hooper or Rhodes to play off. 

But his day was in Feb 2016, the last time he scored for us. And before that, November 2015.

Utterly beyond belief that any fan wants to split up the most successful strike partnership in years, for Joao.

You want pace. I want goals.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

But his day was in Feb 2016, the last time he scored for us. And before that, November 2015.

Utterly beyond belief that any fan wants to split up the most successful strike partnership in years, for Joao.

You want pace. I want goals.

You speak as though our strike force in the last ten years has been amazing and like we are some relentless goal scoring, fluent, creative side. 

I want pace, I want goals. I got them both this season when he came on against Bolton and United.