150th Anniversary

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

We'll never be good until someone lifts the curse

If only Dave Richards hadn't sent that gypsy away selling pegs 

Guest kelliesleftnut
20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I've just realised that I couldn't actually give a töss about the anniversary.

What should have been special has turned into something akin to a wet fart.

Maybe Owlstalk should organise a good lash up somewhere, raise a bit of money for charity at the same time.

At the start of the year there was talk of friendlies with Barcelona or Real Madrid, a concert with Arctic Monkeys, big bold never seen before celebrations in Sheffield. Celebrating a club that's part of the very fabric the game is formed from. 

In the end we got a bloody fireworks display and a picture no one can afford. 

lol

I absolutely hate getting at the club, but it's been really poor so far. 

45 minutes ago, Grandad said:

So far

Adopted the kit that we wore as we started our long term demise outside of the top flight in early 70s

Coming up to 1/4 of the season gone and you still can't buy one

Lost at home to our local rivals conceding 4 goals for the first time in our history

Announced a scheme for fans to lend the Chairman a couple of grand til we get promoted

Abandoned plans to play a celebratory game to mark the occasion because Real Madrid were busy

On reflection, this so far is the perfect way to commemorate 150 yes of Wednesdayism. Because it's been mostly complete and utter shyte for the majority of my years of watching us. 

Are ou drunk again?

Are you gonna be back tracking again tomorrow?

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Emilianenko said:

Are ou drunk again?

Are you gonna be back tracking again tomorrow?

Not a chance..

I don't touch a drop these days 

50 minutes ago, Grandad said:

So far

Adopted the kit that we wore as we started our long term demise outside of the top flight in early 70s

Lost at home to our local rivals conceding 4 goals for the first time in our history

Announced a scheme for fans to lend the Chairman a couple of grand til we get promoted

Abandoned plans to play a celebratory game to mark the occasion because Real Madrid were busy

On reflection, this so far is the perfect way to commemorate 150 yes of Wednesdayism. Because it's been mostly complete and utter shyte for the majority of my years of watching us. 

43 minutes ago, Animis said:

one of the funniest chants of the day was nearly the pigs singing happy birthday at 2-4 - i genuinely thought it was aimed at us, until they mentioned Gene.

44 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

When United started singing Happy Birthday earlier I thought it was to us for the 150th.

At that point I sort of hoped the ground just fell down and took me with it. 

EDIT: ^^ Haha! Spooky! 

I thought the same at first.... then realised the scrubbers aren't that intelligent 

52 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We're like a woman that cries into her birthday cake because she's turning 30 and isn't married or even seeing anybody.

Other than her cat on a daily basis. 

Can you give her my number?

Thanks.

Guest We Shall Overcome
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

So far

Good Post! but at the150yrs dinner i have to say as much as i admire our Chairman,he needs to grow a pair, letting Clem do the Toast was ridiculous, he is supposed to be our leader but is not showing much leadership,He may not like the lime light but this is the cutthroat business of English Football, and it seems to me as though he is being short changed, and has to start being ruthless, or the club could suffer Big Time.       

16 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

Good Post! but at the150yrs dinner i have to say as much as i admire our Chairman,he needs to grow a pair, letting Clem do the Toast was ridiculous, he is supposed to be our leader but is not showing much leadership,He may not like the lime light but this is the cutthroat business of English Football, and it seems to me as though he is being short changed, and has to start being ruthless, or the club could suffer Big Time.       

To be fair I think that was mainly due to his limited English. Agree though, he needs help big time.