Colin's Comments

12 hours ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

You say that as if it's a bad thing. :ph34r:

I dont care generally. What annoys me though are people making comments that are basically wrong when imformatiknis easily to hand to confirm otherwise. Its just lazy.

Edited by billyblack
Information even

On 9/16/2017 at 14:55, Copthorneowl said:

I'm sure others remember Ken Bates offering him the Chelsea managers job some years ago...he turned it down Bates said he was frightened of it Warnock did not disagree.  My take is that his monumental ego wasn't going to risk humiliation in the big league.

Whenever he was in the big league he showed his level. Took the Blunts from relative safety to relegation. Out of his depth in the prem.

A sore loser.

A dinosaur.

A thug in a tracksuit.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Whenever he was in the big league he showed his level. Took the Blunts from relative safety to relegation. Out of his depth in the prem.

A sore loser.

A dinosaur.

A thug in a tracksuit.

Perhaps. Good at getting teams promoted though including to the big league. That cant be denied.

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Perhaps. Good at getting teams promoted though including to the big league. That cant be denied.

If his aspiration is being ok at a mediocre level then fine but the test of a coach is in the top league and he's consistently failed. Combine that with his obsession with himself and his thuggish approach to football generally he doesn't paint a good picture. 

7 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

If his aspiration is being ok at a mediocre level then fine but the test of a coach is in the top league and he's consistently failed. Combine that with his obsession with himself and his thuggish approach to football generally he doesn't paint a good picture. 

Not many coaches can cut it in the premier league. Noone should be comparing CC against NW at this stage. CC hasnt managed there once. No idea how he will fare. I wouldnt call the Championship mediocre level either. Looking at the managers in there i would say its a very high level.

Another thing. We arent in the premier league either.

Edited by billyblack

37 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Not many coaches can cut it in the premier league. Noone should be comparing CC against NW at this stage. CC hasnt managed there once. No idea how he will fare. I wouldnt call the Championship mediocre level either. Looking at the managers in there i would say its a very high level.

Agreed.

They have 2 completely different styles as managers. Comparing is pointless.

For the record, I think CC is and will be more suited to managing us in the Premiership than he is in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

Agreed.

They have 2 completely different styles as managers. Comparing is pointless.

For the record, I think CC is and will be more suited to managing us in the Premiership than he is in the Championship.

Well i personally would like to find out. Lets hope so.

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

I agree, CC has yet to prove himself in the Premier League. I think he'll succeed because he's a footballing coach but I accept he still has to do it. When I talk about top level I mean other countries as well - Germany, Spain, Turkey all have good leagues and teams that get to the last 8 or 16 of the Champions League. CC did ok in Turkey, maybe not brilliant. Warnock was never even close to this level of coaching. Championship is better now, and is more technical - and as it has improved Warnock has struggled. 

14 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I agree, CC has yet to prove himself in the Premier League. I think he'll succeed because he's a footballing coach but I accept he still has to do it. When I talk about top level I mean other countries as well - Germany, Spain, Turkey all have good leagues and teams that get to the last 8 or 16 of the Champions League. CC did ok in Turkey, maybe not brilliant. Warnock was never even close to this level of coaching. Championship is better now, and is more technical - and as it has improved Warnock has struggled. 

I think the championship is probably harder than most of those foreign leagues as a whole. More depth across the teams. You could pull names out of a hat for the championship at the minute. Doubt you could do that for turkey and germany etc...

Cardiff are doing ok at the minute. Dont know if you can call that as struggling. Early days though and same for us. Lets see after 46 games. Hopefully cc will get his chance to show us what he can do then.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

I think the championship is probably harder than most of those foreign leagues as a whole. More depth across the teams. You could pull names out of a hat for the championship at the minute. Doubt you could do that for turkey and germany etc...

Cardiff are doing ok at the minute. Dont know if you can call that as struggling. Early days though and same for us. Lets see after 46 games. Hopefully cc will get his chance to show us what he can do then.

I'm reluctant to give him any credit but to be fair the Championship is a good League now and he's got Cardiff up there.  I don't see them being there after 46 games but you can be sure they'll be fighting for it.   Yes let's hope Carlos has his chance.  Technically I think he's a good coach, albeit a bit cautious, and this will show. I know there's a few who disagree. 

2 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

Here's a quote from Warnock, "I thought lets go for it something Carlos never does",says it all really.

All managers say that when losing and. especially after getting a lucky last minute equaliser. 

Had it been other way round Carlos would have done the same.

We got plenty last minute goals last season.

"Wednesday looked like they sat back after getting the goal, but if they'd had a go at us we were vulnerable, so I was delighted to get to half-time at 1-0.

"They'll have the measure of most sides between the boxes, but they didn't test Neil Etheridge."

The guy is a grade A Bell but he is a genius with the mind games. 

Alludes to our negative tactics and Carlos' zero balls to kill off teams even though we are more than equipped. Also second point sums up perfectly what our current set-up/tactics results in = boss midfield but toothless up top. 

He summed us up PERFECTLY.  Basically saying what everyone but Carlos knows in this division. Maybe Carlos knows it but scared to change/risk it.

21 hours ago, Lee Davies said:

The only comment that this pricck has made that really matters is words to this effect "once they score they had us rocking, we were weak and they had us. A little more pressure and it was all over"

ffs even the oppersites manager knows it

He was right.

Trouble is ,just like Brentford ,we don't go for the jugular,

CC just takes anyone off with attacking abilities and floods the field with defenders and tries to hang on..

Worked against brentford....just

Backfired against Cardif

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

He was right.

CC just takes anyone off with attacking abilities and floods the field with defenders and tries to hang on..

Backfired against Cardif

And this is why we will be playing championship football again next season if he remains our manager.

4 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

He was right.

Backfired against Cardif

My point exactly! 

7 hours ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

We had chances to finish them off but strikers didn't take them. but hey don't let this get in the way of your Carlos bashing.

95th minute goal from a free kick. 

It was in the bag until that free kick was given away. 

Carlos is doing a great job. Waaay Better than Colin could.

I'm a Carlos in bloke...But I will admit Colin has a point with the "Caution" comment..We have started doing it regularly.

The Huddersfield game last season was a prime example, had them totally rocking and took our foot off...Brentford, all over them second half , got the second...stopped.

Cardiff sounded pretty similar to me.

I know that its the championship and its hard, and teams will have their share of the game, especially away from home, but Carlos actually changes the team and sets up defensively once we get a lead.

Maybe going for it, and then continue going for it, could be the icing on the cake this year

• Like 1