Colin's Comments

1 hour ago, jamiejohn said:

Warnocks one of those blokes that will say anything to suit the people he is with or the environment he is in 

his anti Wednesday comments while at the pigs were just playing to the fans , the fact he says every club he's at has the best fans ever and is his last job sums him up he's an unlikeable man who wants to be liked 

good manager but a bit of a wannabe 

That's just smart. You play the game.

Megson did the same and we loved him.

Dave Jones would have bought himself a lot more time if he'd done a bit of it.

14 hours ago, poite said:

If only our fans would just accept that somewhere inside all of us we kinda like him too.

Hes an exceptional manager. He can manage a team at the top and get them up and he can manage a team at the bottom and keep them up.

Looking forward to seeing how we rise to the challenge against him.

Totally agree with all this. If he was an owl we'd have been in the PL years ago and all the people who profess to hating him would think the sun shined out of his 'arris. It's that dreaded delusion again, isn't it. but nice to see some owls in this thread who can rise above it all...

3 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Add to that Colin has done it with multiple clubs, not always with money.

Carlos has serious backing

Its a ridiculous comparison 

It's a ridiculous comparison borne out of utter and bewildering delusion. An affliction that is depressingly prevalent on here. Answer this, oh deluded ones: what other manager past or present would have kept Toy Town up 2 seasons ago?  Carlos? Fergie? Mourhino? Not on your nelly...

Keep seeing people saying Warnock would have got us promoted

He didn't get Leeds, Palace or Rotherham promoted, and Cardiff aren't promoted yet

No doubting his record of promotion with small clubs

But he's never done anything at a big club

I don't think it's any coincidence that his name is an anagram of Colin Wan ker

I think the day he was born his father looked at him and thought, yep, what a wan ker 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, Almat said:

It's a ridiculous comparison borne out of utter and bewildering delusion. An affliction that is depressingly prevalent on here. Answer this, oh deluded ones: what other manager past or present would have kept Toy Town up 2 seasons ago?  Carlos? Fergie? Mourhino? Not on your nelly...

The only comparison I can make between the two is one is a cheat. SUFC v WBA is testament to that. Should have been kicked out of football after that game.

It was Warnock stating that if he were to manage the Owls that he would buy a load of lobbers, get us relegated and retire to Cornwall and spend his retirement p*****g himself laughing that most Colin haters recall. Well with his track record of getting more out of his lobbers than we got out of ours, he might just have done quite well. However it would be a good idea to play the interview to our players just before they leave the dressing room. WTF:

6 hours ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

I've clearly given you the facts .incase you missed them I'll give them again.

Carlos has a better points per game ratio in the Championship than Colin. FACT.

How many teams has CC got promoted vs Colin?

The latters record at this level is first class 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Look I'm not trying to say anybody is a better manager but I'm pretty sure the budget makes a difference when it comes to win ratio's 

3 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

It was Warnock stating that if he were to manage the Owls that he would buy a load of lobbers, get us relegated and retire to Cornwall and spend his retirement p*****g himself laughing that most Colin haters recall. Well with his track record of getting more out of his lobbers than we got out of ours, he might just have done quite well. However it would be a good idea to play the interview to our players just before they leave the dressing room. WTF:

Tongue in cheek at best ! 

So you are basing it on a whole 2 seasons then i guess? How many seasons has warnock managed in championship? I will tell you what else is a fact what you are not chirping on about. Warnock has 2 promotions from the championship. How many has CC had?

5 hours ago, Almat said:

Add to the fact that i thought it was results that counted, not likeability. Plenty on here seeme to refer to that when it suits and then suffer amnesia when it doesnt. I seem to recall many Man Utd fans slagging off the Mourinho appointment, didnt like him etc.... not moaning now are they.

2 hours ago, np pontefract said:

Warnock is a first class wind up merchant !

Judging by some of the comments on here, he is very successful at it.

lol

We know. And some of us like him for it. 

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

Colin is a chamaeleon. He'll say whatever suits his mood.

A man like that is a danger to himself and the public. Ask any psychological profiler.

Colin, Colin, Colin, Colin, Colin chameleon

He comes and goes, he comes an goes, he comes and go woh oh oh ohs...

boy-george-net-worth2_1.jpg

• Haha 6