Colin's Comments

A few snippets from his Cardiff presser earlier this morning...

From a personal point of view, Wednesday is special one for me, it always has been.”

I always enjoy going up to Hillsborough and the welcome I receive there. They’ll bring a tremendous amount down and it’ll be a good atmosphere, but our fans will play a massive role in the next three home matches. The sound when the stadium when is buzzing is unbelievable and we need them behind us in the next three home fixtures.”

They’ve been so close. I thought last year if they’d beat Huddersfield they would have gone up. I like Carlos, I think he’s a smashing man, and they play good football. It’s the type of game you looking forward to, I can’t see it being a poor game, I think there’ll be excitement.”

I was born in Sheffield and I’ve always like the underdog, when I was a young lad, Wednesday were the best team in the county from what I remember. I went to watch Santos with Pele, the family was split, but they were always the favourites, so being the black sheep of the family I wanted to be the underdog and that’s how I ended up becoming a Blade.

I always have banter with them, every time I go there, I love it. It’s a special time for me, with all my family up there. My missus and daughter are coming. Unfortunately one of my best mates passed away, he was a mad Wednesday-ite. Tony, he had cancer for many years, and he lost his battle. Before he did (pass away) I said I wouldn’t let him down.”

Always liked Colin

I don't mind people who dish it out as long as they don't get mardy when you give it back, Colin gives it but he takes it too

I loved the comment he made many years ago when he said he'd love to manage Wednesday and get us relegated, I remember a lot of people throwing abuse at him for that, but I thought it was great, it's only what I'd have tried to do if I managed United

Wouldnt have wanted him here as manager though

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

If only our fans would just accept that somewhere inside all of us we kinda like him too.

Hes an exceptional manager. He can manage a team at the top and get them up and he can manage a team at the bottom and keep them up.

Looking forward to seeing how we rise to the challenge against him.

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Always liked Colin

I don't mind people who dish it out as long as they don't get mardy when you give it back, Colin gives it but he takes it too

I loved the comment he made many years ago when he said he'd love to manage Wednesday and get us relegated, I remember a lot of people throwing abuse at him for that, but I thought it was great, it's only what I'd have tried to do if I managed United

Wouldnt have wanted him here as manager though

That was the one Hoots!

When it did the rounds they omitted the fact he was sat at a table with some Wednesday lads and they were all having a laugh.  It was suddenly reimagined as his lifes ambition and taken seriously.

If Mr. Punch had managed this club he'd have done his best for it. He's a professional.

Say what you like about him, but he wouldn't have waved the white flag at 'Udders like Carlos did.

Eight months' hard work, expenditure, hope and expectation cravenly extinguished in one match. I was in amongst their fans and they couldn't believe it.

The White Feather bottles it when it matters.