Come on now Jordan

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Rhodes needs 90 minutes. If Fletcher isn't 100% for Tuesday I would give Rhodes the full game, barring an absolute stinker from him. 

If he has the assurance of getting a full game without worrying about being subbed at any point we may see a more relaxed and confident performance. 

We have a great player and we need to start getting the best out of him. 

That makes perfect sense to me.

Carlos should be using everything he knows to give Jordan confidence. If we have our best three strikers firing I can't see us being stopped.

Guest RocketOwl

With FF injured and Winnall departed he really does need to step up now and this is a good chance for him to knuckle down and fight for a place with Fletcher alongside Hooper.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I was encouraged by his hold up play yesterday and his ability to be a target style player. Wasnt perfect setting with no partner as his knock downs were mainly waisted. 

I'd like to see him start with Jaoa on Thursday. And for us to play a 442 with Matias and Boyd giving width with Hunt and Reach also getting a bit of a breather. 

If Rhodes starts on Thursday I can see him getting much service tbh.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, S36 OWL said:

Rhodes is our most gifted striker if he is given the service. But that's where the problem lies . We don't play  to his strengths . 

I do believe this is Hooper tbf.

Hooper not only scores he influences games.

Have to feel for Rhodes. Fletcher and Hooper play well because they play with each other and complement eachovers styles. They are a great partnership.

But it often seems that when Rhodes 'gets his chance' he's thrown in as a lone striker so it's hard for him to have a massive impact. Put Hooper or Fletcher up top on their own and they'd also struggle.

Would like to see Rhodes play alongside Hooper if fletch is rested. 

If both rested I think Rhodes and joao could be an interesting link up

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Right now no-one would break up the Hooper-Fletcher partnership. It looks great, both are scoring, and with seven wins and a draw in their last eight start, it works!

But, neither player can play 90 regularly. Already it seems likely and advisable that Fletch misses Tuesday. Hooper too, whilst looking fit at present, mustn't be pushed too far. Looking at the next three weeks, the games come thick and fast:-

Yesterday

Tuesday

Saturday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

If Rhodes can give some time off to Hooper and Fletch, and the attack continues to fire, we are in wonderful shape. We need to get to a point where any two of these three strikers can work together. A few cameos from Joao and Atdhe would allow a little more rest for the mainstays.

Brentford is likely to see Hooper-Rhodes. A strong performance, a win, and a display of excellent understanding and powerful striking partnership would leave us looking like genuine top two candidates.

Can see loads of rotation coming up

Whether that's a good thing remains to be seen

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Any advice for my fear of flying?

Diazapam and red wine is working but Im not convinced it's the best solution.

You're inclined to look at the data and the statistics of things:

Check the airline safety records versus the likelyhood of death in an automobile accident.

That's what I did, and if I'm willing to get into the car seat everyday without a second thought, I'm not sure why it's worth worrying about getting into an airline seat when it's statistically much safer.

Then again, I do still pick my seats just aft of the wing spars....

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Rhodes is our most gifted striker if he is given the service. But that's where the problem lies . We don't play  to his strengths . 

I said it a while ago in a different thread; play him and give him service and he will score and score. 

Problem is Hooper and Fletcher are the best partnership, despite neither being the natural goal scorer Rhodes is. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Crikey Rocket..... I agree with you. I was just about to post the same and read your post. Your attitude to Rhodes is getting slightly more positive. Keep it up.

He's a Wednesday player and I want him to succeed. Perhaps having so many strikers wasn't actually beneficial but now he knows until FF is back he will always be in the first three choices so hopefully this will relax him.

Guest RocketOwl
42 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Couldn't agree more. Keep up your support of Rhodes and you might even win some friends. lol

Call it as I see it my friend.