David Prutton asks if Carlos Carvalhal's Sheffield Wednesday side are underachieving

skysports-david-prutton-pundit-football_3844470.jpg

David Prutton asks if Carlos Carvalhal's Sheffield Wednesday side are underachieving

Ahead of the Sheffield Wednesday vs Nottingham Forest game this Saturday night, David Prutton takes a look at whether Sheffield Wednesday should be dong better

"They would have been hoping to push on, though, and a poor start can be the difference between challenging for the top two and battling into the top six. "

"You never want to be playing catch up and the Owls have looked more in danger of missing out on the play-offs in the last two seasons, rather than making a move towards the top two"

"There's a lot of expectation on Sheffield Wednesday, but they haven't quite got going so far. Although it should be said that they are a point better off than at this stage in the last two seasons!"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11024485/are-sheffield-wednesday-underachieving

Owlstalk Shop

Are we really a point better off ? 

I remeber beating Villa, draw vs Norwich then was it losing to Leeds ? I was sat there thinking we'd destroy them but we never really got going. 

This season seems so slow & we're already out of the cup, let's hope Forest slip up as they've been doing well. 

2 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I remeber beating Villa, draw vs Norwich then was it losing to Leeds ? I was sat there thinking we'd destroy them but we never really got going. 

This season seems so slow & we're already out of the cup, let's hope Forest slip up as they've been doing well. 

At least we got past round 1 of the cup this yr 

Cambridge was a shitty evening. 

12 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Lost to Burton too. Can't remember the other match but if it was a draw then yes, we are a point better off. Although I would argue with an easier start.

45 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Spot on.

Him and Andrews called it on Sky about Jan / Feb last season and said we were massively underachieving. I have seen nothing this season to show we won't be any different. 

Andy Hinchcliffe also called it after we went out of the playoffs with a whimper, saying he thought with the players we had we should have been challenging for a top 2 position.

Carlos is a very nice bloke but I really do wonder if he's taken us as far as he can.

Here's my opinion we may be a point better off but as fixtures go this is probably the easiest month of the season. Contrary to reports my opinion is we were ok at Fulham and deserved the win just.... bar that we have been rubbish and that includes Sunderland where we're we're apparently brilliant second half... they tired and we went for it I wouldn't call us brilliant.

we ARE underachieving and I do want Carlos to go, now as I don't like him but because he is stubborn and isn't getting the best out of a very talented squad... top 2 in my opinion. 

Big month this one. Anything less than a win tomorrow and pressure is on big time.