LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I suspect he wants a route into the first team squad - but we seem to prefer Nuhiu on the bench instead.

I understand what Nuhiu brings to the table, but I'd much rather keep Hirst happy and get him game time.

Problem is Nuhiu probably offers us a way of  helping defending a lead, so he's more valuable to Carlos in the short term. And football management is pretty short term, so I can see why Carlos does what he does in this respect. If I was Mr Chansiri though, my concern would be keeping hold of what could be a massive asset to his club in the longer term.

This is pretty much how I see it - spot on lol

24 minutes ago, Grandad said:

His son was offered a paltry deal by the club on a very long term contract. They rejected it. They are now being pressured to sign a deal by the club or his development will stop for the rest of this year.

All seems fair enough to me (assuming there has been an improved offer).

3 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

It makes you laugh really if he was to leave Sheffield Wednesday where he cannot get a game how he expecting to get into Leicester team ...... they will buy him tell him he going on loan you can do that here at SWFC

....but on a lot less money.

CCs point blank refusal to either talk about or consider playing any of our development players will see

one of our best young players leave the club to develop his career at another club.

I have watched the development squad several times last season and IMO we have half a dozen lads who should be

given the opportunity to step up to the next level. But I am reconciled to the fact that

he is going to a more progressive football club who see youth development as the future and are willing

to give youth a chance, rather like our neighbours at S2.

Any way good luck to George Hirst I know Spurs , Everton , Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal have all been

looking at you.

Just now, BIG D said:

It's just typical of the way the game is going. He hasn't really achieved anything and if he was good enough then he would be in the first team now. Him and his Father holding the club to ransom, pretty disgusting really. 

I don't think they are holding the club to ransom to be honest, just lookin for the best option, if your son came to you and said "dad I can stay here on £10k pw or go to (insert Prem club) and get £50k a week" what would you advise him to do?

21 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

If we sell

Then the £2M should be only a taster

£XM more for 50/100 appearances

£XM more for England honours

50% sell on Claus for all future transfers over and above the previous transfer fee

Or roger off

We could lay these sort of demands if we actually had him signed up ourselves

1 minute ago, outlaw pete said:

CCs point blank refusal to either talk about or consider playing any of our development players will see

one of our best young players leave the club to develop his career at another club.

I have watched the development squad several times last season and IMO we have half a dozen lads who should be

given the opportunity to step up to the next level. But I am reconciled to the fact that

he is going to a more progressive football club who see youth development as the future and are willing

to give youth a chance, rather like our neighbours at S2.

Any way good luck to George Hirst I know Spurs , Everton , Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal have all been

looking at you.

Total rubbish, the coaches at the club will know when he's ready for 1st team football and if he won't sign up with us whats the point, people are wanting CC sacked after FIVE games, would you put your neck on the line to blood youngsters?

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think they are holding the club to ransom to be honest, just lookin for the best option, if your son came to you and said "dad I can stay here on £10k pw or go to (insert Prem club) and get £50k a week" what would you advise him to do?

It wasn't anywhere close to £10k a week. miles away