George Hirst

6 hours ago, np pontefract said:

It doesn't matter one jot to me that you consider me a "fool " or a "bigger fool"

I am sick and tired of childish,  unfair,underhand, and sometimes snide and nasty comments about  Atde Nuhiu. 

It's generally the same old few that come out with the same old rubbish.

It really isn't funny..........

It's pathetic !

No one thinks it's funny and not many think it's unfair either....  nor is it childish underhand or nasty

folk just don't think he's a very good footballer......if you think that's pathetic then that's up to you

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

No one thinks it's funny and not many think it's unfair either....  nor is it childish underhand or nasty

folk just don't think he's a very good footballer......if you think that's pathetic then that's up to you

he played well v Donny

On 27/07/2017 at 17:08, prowl said:

It doesn't matter what I would have done. Carlos is the manager, I'm not. 

So you'd have brought Winnall on, then. Thanks. Seems like with happy clappers it's the things they can't being themselves to say that are the most revealing part of posts. 

Edited by Almat

On 27/07/2017 at 20:52, tuttuttut said:

A young Hirst 30 years ago.....

And a young Hirst today.....

Both of similar build, I don't get the he will get kicked and knocked all over the place, 30 years ago that was given.

Today's game is more fairy poo, give the lad a go.

IMG_20170727_203512.jpg

IMG_20170727_203735.jpg

Exactly, people forget that Hirsty wasn't the juggernaut he turned into when he first broke through at Hillsborough. And George is a good 4 inches taller than dad...

On 27/07/2017 at 16:20, PopePiusX said:

The hat-trick goal was a virtual replica of his father's against Man City in 1991/2, although he failed to hit the inside of the post like a massive loser.

Remember it well, he powered past that Man City CB with the bird's name like a thoroughbred. Michelle summat? 

19 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Is there any part of my post that was wrong? 

George is a striker that is knocking on the door for a place in the squad, it's inevitable he would be suggested as a replacement for another. Stop being so sensitive over an under performing player

Hmmmm...a bit like you being sensitive over comments regarding an under performing manager?

BRAVO102715-1.jpg

8 hours ago, Ian said:

You are clearly, unaware of the comments,I am referring to. 

Might I suggest that you do a little research. 

I don't intend to repeat them here, but some of the comments are seriously out of order.......

Sadly, one or two, do think it's funny !!!

7 hours ago, Almat said:

So you'd have brought Winnall on, then. Thanks. Seems like with happy clappers it's the things they can't being themselves to say that are the most revealing part of posts. 

I can see both sides of the argument  and accept that whatever he does Carlos is either going to be a hero or a zero.

We were second best over the two games, after their goal in the second leg there was a chance they would go on to get a second and we would lose. It was then a simple choice, go for it and accept one team would win or shore things up and give ourselves a 50/50 shot at  winning a penalty shoot out. It isn't an unreasonable decision to think they were more likely to score than we were so a 50/50 chance in a penalty shoot out would be the better odds.

I would have gone for it, but I can see the logic in holding out for the penalties. Maybe that's what Carlos did, maybe not. If we had won on penalties Carlos would have been a hero and all question of the substitutions would have been forgotten.

As fans we tend to be gung ho, I certainly am.  A professional manager should be a bit more calulating