George Hirst

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Appreciate the grammar heads up Mr C

I know that first, second etc are both adjectives and adverbs, rendering the "ly" theoretically pointless.

However, like other theoretical pointless stuff, such as drinking heavily and telling my wife to shut up, I just can't seem to stop myself from doing it.

You're welcomely.

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Are you that policeman off Allo Allo?

2 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Yes got a problem with that 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

That's not how he speaks.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I'll tell you in the moaning. 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

?

was he pi55ing by the window

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Carlos is here to win promotion, not give the kids game time. A bit like Conte and Mourinho, it's all now, not development of young players that will benefit the club in 5 years, when he won't be here. 

Thats not a criticism, more an observation. 

Totally agree about the promotion bit and because of this he probably won't push any of our youngsters anytime soon apart from the keepers who he seems to have more confidence in. Having said all this, what's the point of having an academy if you're not going to give academy players an opportunity to shine? Young Hirst is showing enough promise at various levels to suggest he's worth a go in the first team at some stage in the near future?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Totally agree about the promotion bit and because of this he probably won't push any of our youngsters anytime soon apart from the keepers who he seems to have more confidence in. Having said all this, what's the point of having an academy if you're not going to give academy players an opportunity to shine? Young Hirst is showing enough promise at various levels to suggest he's worth a go in the first team at some stage in the near future?

What's the point of having academy? I've been saying that for 25 years. It's produced the square root of frig all. 

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

What's the point of having academy? I've been saying that for 25 years. It's produced the square root of frig all. 

Once again I agree but it does seem to be moving in the right direction at the moment.

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Once again I agree but it does seem to be moving in the right direction at the moment.

I'd bin all academies off and reintroduce central league football. Just watched the goals young Hirst scored this week. The game was player like a kick about in the local park, and they show more passion and desire on the XBox. I'm sure they are all great at passing along the back 4 but these academies are doing more for the creative juices of the badged up failed ex pros who are desperate to hang onto the football money gravy train.