So do you think we will do it

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Why do we "need to bore our way" there?

With exciting forwards like FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Boyd and Wallace.

With exciting and creative midfielders like Bannan and Abdi.

With overlapping fullbacks like Hunt, Pudil and Reach.

Carlos might well see solid and boring as the best way to get us up, but with our squad he has a very viable option to try to get us up playing swashbuckling football. Personally I think we are a far better side when we play on the front foot. I'm convinced we have what it takes to be this season's Newcastle, but only if we are allowed to play with elan and freedom.

Guess  your last paragraph answers that question It's how Carlos wants to play

To some extent we seemed to tiptoe to the play offs last season, we blew it in a game I thought we would win.

Some had their reservations about negative tactics,but while we were in the play off positions, I always thought it it unwise to change anything.

Sadly we used the same tactics against Huddersfield that had caused the problems most of the season.

Wednesday In my opinion were at their best against such as Brentford and Reading, when we were behind, 

We should have started like that against Huddersfield.

A fit Hooper and Rhodes firing, could well be the key next season, but I reckon its time to be more proactive in the attacking department.

I doubt very much Carlos will be shown the same patience as he was last season

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:56, raljex said:

A game where we battered them and missed chance after chance seems a strange one to base your theory on.

We had a good spell in the first half for about 15 minutes, but Derby had the rest of the game under control.

That was the point where I realised Carlos was struggling to improve the team and properly integrate the new signings. As Derby slammed home the second goal, I thought: why are we going backwards when Carlos has been given so much money on fees and wages?

On 10/07/2017 at 17:51, asteener1867 said:

To some extent we seemed to tiptoe to the play offs last season, we blew it in a game I thought we would win.

We did  the same season before, never turned up against the mighty Hull, last season the mighty Hudds did us over, can't see anything changing, 5th maybe 4th/3rd...big rounduns in the play-offs again...unless we get a 'Wednesday' in the final...the piggies would be nice...the biggest bottlers in world football...though we seem to be catching them up WTF:

I've seen nothing to suggest we won't finish top 6. But unless we spend £20m on 2 or 3 top class additions, we won't finish top 2 either. Not advocating we do that btw, but that's the difference, and this is where the parachute money creates a distorted league.