Forestieri

Guest RocketOwl

6 hours ago, Holmes said:

Doesn't scoring more goals than someone, else make you a better goalscorer?   

I said striker, not goal-scorer. 

His goal-scoring record for us as striker  is really poor. His goal-scoring record from LW is extraordinary. For some reason you and some others add these two together to conclude he is a good striker.

Sadly, I have given up any hope that he will play LW regularly under Carlos. I think it is one of Carlos's three major and repeated mistakes  - 3 CMs and negativity/tempo the other two.

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I'd agree with you up to the point you said Bannan, thinks he's had a stinker and has been lucky that Hutch, Lee and Abdi have been injured for the most part and also the fact Carlos thinks the sun shines out of his bumhole. Definately need better from him or better than him for this season.

Haha I thought Bannan might get that reaction.

Its a Forestieri thread, but a word of support for Bannan...played 45 out of our 47 matches. Always carrying an injury and often out of position. Never complains, works like a dervish, and gets more MOMs than any other player.

Towards the end of the season he was still putting in top performances from CM. The oppos nearly always praise him as our best performer after matches.

Terrific player imo. I love watching him.

He has probably had the best two seasons of his career here under Carlos so I'm not sure it is as a foregone conclusion that he is going to leave as some may think?

If he does go then as I've said before we're in a better position to cope with without him than we were 12 months ago. That said you're talking about a player who's been our Top Scorer for the last two season's, weighed in with several assists and arguably been our talisman so he will be a big loss.

Personally I think if he does go I expect both Hooper and Rhodes to step up to the plate and cushion the blow considerably. I'll even go as far as saying if Hooper plays 35+ games we'll go up automatically :manager:

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He has probably had the best two seasons of his career here under Carlos so I'm not sure it is as a foregone conclusion that he is going to leave as some may think?

If he does go then as I've said before we're in a better position to cope with without him than we were 12 months ago. That said you're talking about a player who's been our Top Scorer for the last two season's, weighed in with several assists and arguably been our talisman so he will be a big loss.

Personally I think if he does go I expect both Hooper and Rhodes to step up to the plate and cushion the blow considerably. I'll even go as far as saying if Hooper plays 35+ games we'll go up automatically :manager:

I agree with your last point, but add that he does need to play with a proper strike partner, so Rhodes or Fletch fit the bill.

He played 29 times and missed only one game after signing 15-16. Lets hope his muscle troubles are a one-off and he can spend most of next season on the pitch and in and around the oppos box.

8 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Tell me, which games did you see such attacking football with 2 from Hooper Fletcher and Rhodes?

I can't remember any.

The only possible partnership (not including FF) you could claim was so productive, was Rhodes and Winnall.

The only games I can recall us playing exciting attacking football other than the 2 big wins with Rhodes/Winnall, were Brentford away (Joao/Hooper), Wolves away (Joao/FF), 2nd half of Huddersfield at home (FF/Winnall).

What makes you think we'll suddenly start to see exciting attacking football with any 2 from Hooper Fletcher Rhodes?

I see what you're saying... Agent Joao is the messiah & key to attacking football ?! :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I agree, but I think FF wants to play as a striker. 

He wants to score goals but is more effective at running at defenders, he doesn't thrive on high crosses, he's 5' 7". He's best on the wing or running from midfield onto through balls. On attacking corners I'd put him 6 yards outside the penalty area to pick up the half clearances or rebounds because he has a great shot 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Haha I thought Bannan might get that reaction.

Its a Forestieri thread, but a word of support for Bannan...played 45 out of our 47 matches. Always carrying an injury and often out of position. Never complains, works like a dervish, and gets more MOMs than any other player.

Towards the end of the season he was still putting in top performances from CM. The oppos nearly always praise him as our best performer after matches.

Terrific player imo. I love watching him.

Good stats but as an alternative view I genuinely believe Bannan is a weak link...that's football I guess

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I agree with your last point, but add that he does need to play with a proper strike partner, so Rhodes or Fletch fit the bill.

He played 29 times and missed only one game after signing 15-16. Lets hope his muscle troubles are a one-off and he can spend most of next season on the pitch and in and around the oppos box.

So we bring in the beast of a midfilder we've been crying out for, that leaves one spot for Bannan, Lee, Abdi and Hutch, where do you play him without him being shoehorned into the starting 11.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I said striker, not goal-scorer. 

His goal-scoring record for us as striker  is really poor. His goal-scoring record from LW is extraordinary. For some reason you and some others add these two together to conclude he is a good striker.

Sadly, I have given up any hope that he will play LW regularly under Carlos. I think it is one of Carlos's three major and repeated mistakes  - 3 CMs and negativity/tempo the other two.

You're obsessed with labels and where players play, the simple fact is that he is the most influential player we have, wherever he plays worries the opposition and uplifts his teammates.  He scores more goals than is fellow centre forwards, strikers, goal scores, wingers, attackers call them what you will. 

We can be a decent team without him and we can be a very good team with him.

And he's not going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

You're obsessed with labels and where players play, the simple fact is that he is the most influential player we have, wherever he plays worries the opposition and uplifts his teammates.  He scores more goals than is fellow centre forwards, strikers, goal scores, wingers, attackers call them what you will. 

We can be a decent team without him and we can be a very good team with him.

And he's not going anywhere.

This.

It's 2017 now. More to it than simple labels like striker and winger nowadays.

Forwards and wide players have different responsibilities these days. Even in a 442. 

Too many dinosaurs on here.

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I agree, but I think FF wants to play as a striker. 

But not a striker in the way most think, he wants to play in the hole. Have to agree, that is his best position, and although Holmowl's stats may say otherwise, that's where he can contribute the most to the side. Both him, or Hooper, are good in the ten role, it's who plays up front, that's where the problem lies. All our forward options ahead, offer something, but all are not quite right in my opinion. Both Hooper and Forestieri, would come into their own with someone like Abraham ahead of them. Our front playing options are pretty static

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But not a striker in the way most think, he wants to play in the hole. Have to agree, that is his best position, and although Holmowl's stats may say otherwise, that's where he can contribute the most to the side. Both him, or Hooper, are good in the ten role, it's who plays up front, that's where the problem lies. All our forward options ahead, offer something, but all are not quite right in my opinion. Both Hooper and Forestieri, would come into their own with someone like Abraham ahead of them. Our front playing options are pretty static

Agree with this and it's why I think Joao should play much more. 

Rhodes is our best natural goalscorer

Hooper is our best player to link midfield and attack

Fletcher is our best 'big man' to hold up the ball, win headers etc

Forestieri is our most creative player. He should be put on the wing to run at / in behind defenders

41 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Rhodes is our best natural goalscorer

Hooper is our best player to link midfield and attack

Fletcher is our best 'big man' to hold up the ball, win headers etc

Forestieri is our most creative player. He should be put on the wing to run at / in behind defenders

Too slow for modern football mate

Just now, gurujuan said:

All of them really, Forestieri is a bit more mobile than the others

FF on the left wing, with a new (quick winger) on the other wing should make us more mobile. W

e don't need necessarily need strikers that run in behind if we have wingers / wing backs that can get in behind and supply service. 

41 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

FF on the left wing, with a new (quick winger) on the other wing should make us more mobile. W

e don't need necessarily need strikers that run in behind if we have wingers / wing backs that can get in behind and supply service. 

Maybe, but it's ridiculous that we've accumulated so many strikers lacking pace, they're all a bit samey