Forestieri

Guest RocketOwl

Just now, Holmowl said:

Would you be happy to have FF as a very regular second striker?

Yep, but I have been consistent in saying his best position would be on the left hand side of a 433.I also think if everything is equal Carlos might pick Hooper.

But I think it all comes down to whatever tactics Carlos wants to play . Too often FF is sacrificed as a second striker.  Carlos uses him there when we are sitting deep , especially in away games, because he knows he will drop back and work his socks off. 

First season he was winning the ball and we were breaking fast on teams with 3 or 4 supporting players. Last season this didn't happen so he was isolated and teams basically muscled him out of the game

This is exactly what happened against Huddersfield 

This is why I take your stats with a pinch of salt, too often his striker starts have been with these kind of tactics 

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Yep, but I have been consistent in saying his best position would be on the left hand side of a 433.I also think if everything is equal Carlos might pick Hooper.

But I think it all comes down to whatever tactics Carlos wants to play . Too often FF is sacrificed as a second striker.  Carlos uses him there when we are sitting deep , especially in away games, because he knows he will drop back and work his socks off. 

First season he was winning the ball and we were breaking fast on teams with 3 or 4 supporting players. Last season this didn't happen so he was isolated and teams basically muscled him out of the game

This is exactly what happened against Huddersfield 

This is why I take your stats with a pinch of salt, too often his striker starts have been with these kind of tactics 

This post is absolutely spot on!

18 minutes ago, Chardron said:

Posted non-stop about being in the gym. Trying to show hes fit after his recent injury. Didn't post at all until the season ended, now it's endless.

Why would he need to post a video to show he's at a shopping centre in Watford? Specifically filming the sign. Of course he can go to Watford without meaning he's going back, but hes making sure everyone knows he's there.

He has many admirers in Watford could just be giving them a shout out.

You seem to be making the most extreme case with such tenuous evidence.  

His name sounds like Forest, now I wonder if he might be signing for... 

4 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Forest Green Rovers? :ghoulguy:

4 minutes ago, Holmes said:

No I've formed an opinion that isn't the same as yours. Shock.

Hes on his holidays and hes visiting old friends shock.

It was mark bright who said wednesday fans have certainly got an imagination after starting a rumour that he was injured.  

Now the internet is awash with it..lets face it a lot of fans cant handle having such a good player here due to being terrified of him leaving..its just a self fulfilling prophesy and wouldnt blame him for leaving..which would be a shame for the small kids who dont mouth off like paranoid teens.

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps he's gone back to Watford to see old friends and he's rather fond of the town/club? 

Hardly means anything untoward does it. 

Youd think that might be an obvious observation but apparently not

22 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

I don't think FF should be held acountable for 'clouding' Carlos's view, CC is responsible for how he views things. 

did I say he should ?........carlos doesn't  seem to know how best to use him , that obviously Carlos's problem .if it's a problem he cant solve then carlos needs to do summat about it coz I believe it's detrimental to the team ....we need to find 2 strikers who can play together on regular basis and form a scoring partnership   having FF flitting about between positions wont help find the solution .

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

did I say he should ?........carlos doesn't  seem to know how best to use him , that obviously Carlos's problem .if it's a problem he cant solve then carlos needs to do summat about it coz I believe it's detrimental to the team ....we need to find 2 strikers who can play together on regular basis and form a scoring partnership   having FF flitting about between positions wont help find the solution .

Yes, this is a "problem" of his own making. Carlos, or whoever has been responsible for our recruitment, have assembled a group of strikers with no obvious pairings As you say, Carlos now needs to find a solution from the players he has, assuming that is, we don't bring another forward in

When I say there are no obvious pairings, there are, but all lack certain attributes. Personally, other than against poor sides, I don't think we'll go with a traditional pairing Against good sides, and there are plenty of them in the division, you need a player who plays in between the lines. Forestieri and Hooper can both play that role It's a risky strategy to just have one of those players, as it's such a vital role 

Ideally you'd pair one of them with a strong, pacy leader of the line, who also scores goals Amongst our pool of strikers we don't have a player who fits the bill, so it's a bit of a conundrum

Edited by gurujuan

He purchased a new house in Watford around 6 months after joining us.  Whilst he has a place in Chapeltown, the Watford address is his Family home - so I can't really see anything unusual about him being there out of season.