Season Tickets On General Sale

Currently around 18k sold according to the lady in the ticket office. We're limited on numbers we have available due to working with a reduced capacity she said.  

Dont know what the numbers we're allowed to sell are or how close we are. 

Thoight some  may be interested 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

A few will wait till last minute, some folk around these parts like to hang on to there money until the very last minute. 

Online at 23.57 on Monday night with right hand ready to click on payment. :duntmatter:

then moan on here when the system crashes or they are 3567 in the queue

11 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Out of interest does anyone know exact figures on what we can sell is? And or what percentage of a stadium is allowed to be sold to season tickets. 

And how many did we sell last year? 

Just under 21,000 last season which is highest ever I believe.

16 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Currently around 18k sold according to the lady in the ticket office. We're limited on numbers we have available due to working with a reduced capacity she said.  

Dont know what the numbers we're allowed to sell are or how close we are. 

Thoight some  may be interested 

Has our capacity been reduced further from last reason?

Why should there be less ST available than there were last season?

12 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Has our capacity been reduced further from last reason?

Why should there be less ST available than there were last season?

I'm not sure. 

I just asked how  many had been sold and she said 18k (back end of last week). I'm not sure if it's been reduced further or if she was just sayin that we're on a reduced capacity. I'd assume the latter. 

Sorry thats not very helpful. 

Edit: I asked what percentage of the stadium we could sell as season tickets out of curiousuty. It's then when she told me about reduced capacity. 

Edited by OughtibridgeOwl

Guest Deleted member

Why do we reduce it anyway? Theres a waiting list for season tickets at some Premier League grounds. You can't buy pay on the day

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Why do we reduce it anyway? Theres a waiting list for season tickets at some Premier League grounds. You can't buy pay on the day

They limit the amount of season tickets sold to save some available for pay on the day. I think at old trafford they only sell 35,000 season tickets and save 35,000 for pay on the day as this makes them more revenue. Thats why they have waiting lists for season tickets. 

we had 21k last season it looks like we might be around 19k this season but the 21k figure may have had half season tickets inc last season id say there might be a slight drop in numbers ,I know 1-2 who aint renewed due to style of football we played last season.

1 hour ago, flo said:

They limit the amount of season tickets sold to save some available for pay on the day. I think at old trafford they only sell 35,000 season tickets and save 35,000 for pay on the day as this makes them more revenue. Thats why they have waiting lists for season tickets. 

That's not the case. They don't sell any tickets on the day. They're snapped up by members. They also have nearer 60,000 ST holders. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

That's not the case. They don't sell any tickets on the day. They're snapped up by members. They also have nearer 60,000 ST holders. 

They may not be sold on the day but there are plenty that are sold on a match by match basis. However the ones I have seen are wrapped in VIP packages, so matchday plus meal plus a few  bits and bobs Equals £200 plus! 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

I understand your point but Imo it will be a sad day for community football when you can't go and watch your local team when you fancy it. Not everybody wants, can afford or has the luxury of being able to commit to go every week. 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

we had 21k last season it looks like we might be around 19k this season but the 21k figure may have had half season tickets inc last season id say there might be a slight drop in numbers ,I know 1-2 who aint renewed due to style of football we played last season.

Does it include the 3 year ones I wonder? 

How many of those were sold?

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Good riddance to that 1-2 then.

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Does it include the 3 year ones I wonder? 

How many of those were sold?

I should think it includes the 3 year season ticket holders. I'm sure I read somewhere it was 7,000. 

I bet the 1 or 2 who haven't renewed because of style of football would have done had we won play offs. 

16 hours ago, handworth52 said:

we had 21k last season it looks like we might be around 19k this season but the 21k figure may have had half season tickets inc last season id say there might be a slight drop in numbers,I know 1-2 who aint renewed due to style of football we played last season.

Wow.

Where have they been the past 20 years?

16 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Wow.

Where have they been the past 20 years?

Fair point......but it wasn't £600 for the season back then, it is now and people expect/want to be entertained. Irrespective of league position last season at home was dire. 

On 2017-6-15 at 19:18, salmonbones said:

I wonder what the rationale is by putting kids tickets cheaper for the grandstand then either the kop or north, but adult tickets are above the kop and in line with the north.

I know there IS a reason, I just can't think of it.

You can see more tactically from a side view, that's why the managers sit at the side of the pitch and not behind a goal. The club are clearly trying to raise a more knowledgeable class of future spectator. Either that or they want the stand that appears on telly most to look full