The Owlstalk Myth

Guest RocketOwl

22 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

2/3 of that is correct and the 3rd is Fernando :-)

Just one tiny flaw...

Our scoring record with Hooper & FF is horrific.

Our scoring record with Fletch & FF is horrific.

If Carlos persists with more of the same next year it will be Groundhog Day. 

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Just one tiny flaw...

Our scoring record with Hooper & FF is horrific.

Our scoring record with Fletch & FF is horrific.

If Carlos persists with more of the same next year it will be Groundhog Day. 

It can't be much better with Rhodes up there either.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, A12owl said:

Because Rhodes wasnt on the pitch at the time probably.

You have made your point numerous times Rocket why not just give it a rest. You might get egg on your face next season. 

I am just interested to know why Rhodes will all of a sudden become a world beater.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, BigBlueDan said:

I'd say Fletcher found some form at the back end  DESPITE poor service not because of good service. All 5 strikers (if you're including forestieri) have underperformed in terms of goals for good chunks of the season

Ah I see, so Fletcher scored from crosses because of himself despite the delivery, where as Rhodes is missing or not there and it's the crossing as well.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

I am just interested to know why Rhodes will all of a sudden become a world beater.

He averages a goal every 173 minutes of Championship football that he's played.

It seems fair enough to expect that he'll do alright for us given a full pre-season and the right service.

In your recent thread espousing the merits of Lucas João, you asked for the goal stats for Rhodes' last 80 Championship games - when the stats didn't suit your argument, you limited it to his last 40 Championship games; when the stats still didn't suit your argument, you stopped replying! What's the point in starting what essentially amounts to the same debate again when you didn't even have the decency to respond to people trying to answer your questions the first time around?

Guest RocketOwl
10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Think about it.

He was on the field for 26 of our 27 goals!!!!!!!

So was Westwood, your point?

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

It's absolute rounduns that we don't cross the ball enough. 

The issues are, 1. too often the delivery is poor and 2. too often the finish is poor.

People make way too many excuses for certain strikers. We create more than enough. 

Go back and watch us under Stuart Gray if you want to see poor service.

Couldn't agree more! This season for one reason or another no one up top covered themselves in glory. 

Especially early in the season when we were creating obscene amounts of chances and losing games against the run of play. 

I kept saying ting over and over when it clicks we'll give someone a sound hiding, but it never really did. I certainly think we have the tools / players to get the job done, and really hopeful that the forwards we have can fire us up next season. 

6 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

"We don't play to Rhodes strengths and get crosses into the box".

Take a look at Steven Fletcher goals in the last 10 games - majority from crosses.

From memory - Huddersfield playoffs (Header from cross), Derby Home (Header from Cross) Newcastle at home (Fletcher and Lees from crosses).Hooper against Derby also from a cross.

Any responses to how Fletcher seems to be scoring from crosses into the box?

Cheers.

Related image

Seem to remember when he got a decent ball in like against Birmingham and Norwich he buried his headers in the back of the net - can't remember him missing many chances because he never got any just balls in hope that he had to chase - I thought he worked hard in every game