The Owlstalk Myth

Guest RocketOwl

8 minutes ago, trev said:

Are they genuine?

REET stats from Hooper, such a shame he missed a fair chunk of the season.

Quality player.

Last season he was even better. 13 goals from 30 odd chances.

I know he is brilliant at link play, but I wish he was allowed to get into the box more.

Again I agree with you about the recruitment Our recruitment has all the hallmarks of someone who last watched a championship game about five years ago.

It was pretty naive, in my opinion, of whoever does the recruiting, to think, ah Jordan Rhodes used to score goals for Huddersfield and Blackburn, maybe he can do the same for us. I've watched Jordan Rhodes many a time, and the guy is good at what he does, however, I've also watched most games we've played this season, and it was clear to me that he wouldn't suit our style of play. I said so at the time, and I'd have bet my house Jordan Rhodes wouldn't be prolific in this set up.

In another system, yes maybe, but although we may all long for a different way of playing, the reality is, this is us. Our recruitment was such a flip up last season that, were it up to me, whoever was responsible, would have been following the medical staff out of the building.

9 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

"We don't play to Rhodes strengths and get crosses into the box".

Take a look at Steven Fletcher goals in the last 10 games - majority from crosses.

From memory - Huddersfield playoffs (Header from cross), Derby Home (Header from Cross) Newcastle at home (Fletcher and Lees from crosses).Hooper against Derby also from a cross.

Any responses to how Fletcher seems to be scoring from crosses into the box?

Cheers.

It takes if you didn't panic when Dave Allen totally schooled you. And you didn't panic and apologised like the tart you are.

You make me feel sick.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again I agree with you about the recruitment Our recruitment has all the hallmarks of someone who last watched a championship game about five years ago.

It was pretty naive, in my opinion, of whoever does the recruiting, to think, ah Jordan Rhodes used to score goals for Huddersfield and Blackburn, maybe he can do the same for us. I've watched Jordan Rhodes many a time, and the guy is good at what he does, however, I've also watched most games we've played this season, and it was clear to me that he wouldn't suit our style of play. I said so at the time, and I'd have bet my house Jordan Rhodes wouldn't be prolific in this set up.

In another system, yes maybe, but although we may all long for a different way of playing, the reality is, this is us. Our recruitment was such a flip up last season that, were it up to me, whoever was responsible, would have been following the medical staff out of the building.

And you can roger off as well. 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As my earlier question.

Which striker should we buy that would suit Carlos's approach?

42 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

As my earlier question.

Which striker should we buy that would suit Carlos's approach?

Well I suggested Tammy Abraham, before he went to Bristol, so someone of that style

38 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Next thing, we'll here how long he's held a season ticket. And how much he supports Wednesday. Since he was a young lad.

Here's a thing. Gurujuan. Stop being a nob

Calm down dear

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Next thing, we'll here how long he's held a season ticket. And how much he supports Wednesday. Since he was a young lad.

Here's a thing. Gurujuan. Stop being a nob

lol 

Guest RocketOwl
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree completely 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well I suggested Tammy Abraham, before he went to Bristol, so someone of that style

Would you agree that pace and heading are his best assets, and do you think that we would put any through balls for him to chase, or put in a battery of crosses?

I remember around 4 occasions when one of our strikers chased a through ball, and we all recognise that we don't put many crosses in.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Furious George said:

Mate, your not even close to worrying me.

You're just a sad fanny who rocks about Owlstalk and moans about everything.

You sad sad little man.

He's furious 

39 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Mate, your not even close to worrying me.

You're just a sad fanny who rocks about Owlstalk and moans about everything.

You sad sad little man.

Have you seen the size of me

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Would you agree that pace and heading are his best assets, and do you think that we would put any through balls for him to chase, or put in a battery of crosses?

I remember around 4 occasions when one of our strikers chased a through ball, and we all recognise that we don't put many crosses in.

The point is, he's always on the move, not like our lot, they're far too static