No Revolution....

This is how I see the squad in their best positions, not including players that haven't really had a look in this season

.............................................................Westwood
.............................................................Wildsmith

..Palmer...................Lees..Sasso.................BUY..Loovens...................BUY.Pudil
Hunt........................................................Hutch..............................................................Fox
..BUY..................................................Bannan.....Jones.................................Reach

..................................................Lee............Abdi

..............Wallace
.........................................................Hooper....................................Forestieri

........BUY.........................................Winnall........................Joao

...........................................Nuhiu...Fletcher....Rhodes

Highlighted positions I think we need options in:

- Commanding centre half that scores 5+ a season
- Defensive minded LB (replacement for Pudil)
- Attacking RWB (pace, strength, crosses)
- Attacking winger/forward with pace who can take players on, carry the ball and get crosses in. Maybe Ince

Pace in the wide positions is the one thing we are crying out for- Huddersfield showed us the value of that at Hillsborough last week...

Try and sell Nuhiu and Pudil, maybe Joao but would prefer him to go out on loan again

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The released list has been and gone.

Four or five in says Mr Carvalhal. 

Will these be squad players...but ones....who might fit the system better than the ones going. .....or do we think they'll be first team regulars?

Maybe not a revolution Carlos, but 5 new players in a a starting 11 is not far off in footballing terms.

Centre half, winger and central midfield beast seems to be the accepted areas that require strengthening amongst us Owl stalkers. 

But what of the other slot/s?

Another striker? Surely not going I to a season with 8 on the books?

Unless ones for the chop?

Who knows really, we all 'knew' what we needed last season, but for whatever reason Carlos didn't seem to agree.

At least it'll be interesting to see who we bring in, because I doubt they'll be any clues.

8 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

We had a dozen or more in last season and still lost the play off semi with almost the same team as before.

Its not who or how many we sign,its a case of if carlos will play them.

Not blaming carlis, but our recruitment and how its been utilised is a joke.

Agreed. Pointless signing players like Winnall, Macca, etc.. and simply not playing them.

11 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

And just about the best defensive record.

Thats because of the "negative" football lots have been moaning about, a team effort because the defence aren't strong enough.

In one of the play off pre match interviews, Carlos basically said Hutch is playing because he thinks defence is a weak point.

If we strengthen that I think he will be more willing to unleash the attackers...

It worried me hugely when Carlos said we would be buying 4 or 5 players.

It took us 18 matches to find a team this season, and even then it was helped by injuries reducing the size of his playable squad.

I come back to the fact that we were the strongest side in the league over the final 25 games. That team needs only the gentlest of tweaks.

It took us 18 matches to find a team this season, and even then it was helped by injuries reducing the size of his playable squad.

I come back to the fact that we were the strongest side in the league over the final 25 games. That team needs only the gentlest of tweaks.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Be reyt...

he could sign 20 new players but if we keep playing in the same cautious fashion we'd still come up short on the automatic spots ......2 or 3 new additions and a more positive way of playing and we have every chance next season.

21 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Be reyt...

You should be a counsellor or psychiatrist.

After the client pours his or her heart out....

"Be reyt"

"That'll be £100 please."