No Revolution....

10 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

We don't want to be buying squad players, buy players and let those who they replace be the squad players. 

it's easy to say that but reality is a different thing ....think we all thought abdi , Rhodes and macca  would be shoo in's for a regular spot but none for whatever reason could nail down a place in the starting 11 .there's no doubt that all 3 are good players at this level and if we were to sign 3 more of similar quality i'm sure we'd all be fairly happy but you still have to fit them into a system where you can get the best out of them something we didn't do with the 3 I mentioned .

The squad we've currently got is good enough for promotion

But playing with shackles on and only being allowed to pass sideways and backwards has been our downfall.

Im not going to get overly excited about any new signings until we see which position Carlos plays them in, and if he unlocks the padlock on their 'ball and chain'

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The released list has been and gone.

Four or five in says Mr Carvalhal. 

Will these be squad players...but ones....who might fit the system better than the ones going. .....or do we think they'll be first team regulars?

Maybe not a revolution Carlos, but 5 new players in a a starting 11 is not far off in footballing terms.

Centre half, winger and central midfield beast seems to be the accepted areas that require strengthening amongst us Owl stalkers. 

But what of the other slot/s?

Another striker? Surely not going I to a season with 8 on the books?

Unless ones for the chop?

If we are only going to sign 4 or 5 squad players then you can forget about automatic promotion next year