Go get Brendan Rogers from Celtic!

Hypothetically, what do you think it would take to lure a manager of that calibre here? Massive wages? Promises of massive transfer or wage budget?

We'd probably run afoul of FFP attracting someone like BR. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some temptation for him for the job, but he's beyond our means currently. 

Won't happen in this division. In the PL I could see it being possible. 

19 hours ago, daftpenguin said:

This. He's got a cushy job and is paid well for it. No way he gives that up for the madness of the Championship on purely sentimental grounds. 

Sometimes in life some people like to be tested while some don't. Besides not sure he likes it abroad lol

20 hours ago, EccOvOwl said:

Champions League to Championship. Can't see that...

Didn't stop Neil Lennon leaving Celtic for the Bolton job a few years back.

The Scottish league isn't the big draw that it once was.  And there's no question that Wednesday in 2017 are a more ambitious project than Bolton in 2014.

Its not as unrealistic as some posters have been making out.

Edited by Slick.

1 hour ago, Slick. said:

Didn't stop Neil Lennon leaving Celtic for the Bolton job a few years back.

The Scottish league isn't the big draw that it once was.  And there's no question that Wednesday in 2017 are a more ambitious project than Bolton in 2014.

Its not as unrealistic as some posters have been making out.

Can hear his speech now in his Northern Ireland brogue...

"Faaantastic club, I always wanted to be manager here, the ground, the fans , the fans the ground..the err pitch...the ground the fans"

I don't think he'll come.

My worry is we end up with a journeyman who just wants a payday, can talk the talk, but probably not really ar*ed about it.

DC more or less said "He knew little of football, thats a worry when picking a new manager..although Carlos was a decent shout, wasn't he surrounded by advisors then?

Where are they now?

Pardew, ....McClaren?

Who else...honestly...Bullen?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Can hear his speech now in his Northern Ireland brogue...

"Faaantastic club, I always wanted to be manager here, the ground, the fans , the fans the ground..the err pitch...the ground the fans"

I don't think he'll come.

My worry is we end up with a journeyman who just wants a payday, can talk the talk, but probably not really ar*ed about it.

DC more or less said "He knew little of football, thats a worry when picking a new manager..although Carlos was a decent shout, wasn't he surrounded by advisors then?

Where are they now?

Pardew, ....McClaren?

Who else...honestly...Bullen?

I think he listens to Milan M and he is not a bad judge.

23 hours ago, tuzy100 said:

If you going to get rid of Carlos, I would break the bank and get Brendan Rogers from Celtic,got promoted from this league and a proven Premier league manager + he supported Wednesday as a kid, and is Nigel Worthingtons cousin .

What bank is this? Secondly Celtic are one of europes main attractions and they are in the champions league. Why risk semi reitirement for the sack here?