Starting 11 for next year?

Just now, markg said:

I like the look of that. I'd worry about Pudil in that system in terms of him having the energy to get back and defend and provide the width.

Good point - he has looked 'leggy' for a large part of the season (how much of that was travelling/training at the Euro's and signing for us late in the window with little pre-season prep I don't know). Could swap Pudil for Reach or Fox.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Good point - he has looked 'leggy' for a large part of the season (how much of that was travelling/training at the Euro's and signing for us late in the window with little pre-season prep I don't know). Could swap Pudil for Reach or Fox.

He did look leggy. Was strange because the first season he never had that problem. May just be a proper pre-season is needed.

It really doesn't need overhauling much. If Hutchinson is injured / suspended that I'd be confident in Jones stepping in as part of that midfield too.

Not mocking FF, massive fan of the player!

But we cant give him what he wants, his head was turned and we convinced him to stay, but next time I firmly believe he will be off.

Who ever is in charge next season will obviously want to keep him, but we don't need new forwards we have enough quality there, just no wingers

The last 25-30 games of the season we were in top two position form wise. Based on that id say we don't need much. 

I'd like some fresh blood brought in on the right wing, be that one of the loanees that hardly played or someone new 

I'd like a long term replacement for Loovens.

Other than that, unless we lose players I'd leave it as is. Only players I see us losing realistically:

Westwood - is the young keeper ready to step in? 

FF - if he goes bring in a top notch winger. As I think far too many good strikers. 

Abdi - if he goes look to replace with Jackson Irvine

can clear some deadwood out and maybe have some forgotten faces back too:

Out: Mcgugan Bus, Dielna, Lachman, 

returning: Melo, Matias 

youth step up: Hirst, Penny, 

definately 4231 will see us play better next season in my opinion. it will make a refreshing change if we can have our top players not being injured all the time. hooper firing on all cylinders Lee and a rhodes with a descent pretty season and fitness, I think he will be a different player next season, touch wood we can make the play offs again with Victories over the scum at Bramhall Lane lol 

---------Westwood--------
Hunt---Lees--NEW---NEW
----------Hutch----------
Wallace/Maca------Nando/NEW?
--------Abdi/Bannan-----
----Hooper------Rhodes----

--------Westwood--------

---Hunt---Lees---NEW---

-----Hutch----Bannan-----

-Wallace---Lee-----Nando?-

1 hour ago, cagOWL said:

I think he would be, but he's certainly not suited by playing up front in a 2.

Possibly in a wide role he might make the starting XI of a low Prem side. But as a striker, which is what Carlos sees him as, not a chance he gets a game in the Prem.

10 minutes ago, Vectile said:

Hunt---Lees--NEW---NEW
----------Hutch----------
Wallace/Maca------Nando/NEW?
--------Abdi/Bannan-----

--------Westwood--------

---Hunt---Lees---NEW---

-----Hutch----Bannan-----

-Wallace---Lee-----Nando?-

-Hunt---Lees---NEW---NEW--

-----------Hutch----------

-------Lee----Bannan------

Wallace?------------Nando?--

------Hooper/Rhodes-------

6 minutes ago, Animal said:

Ff is not a striker. I'd like us look for new striker so he can be played out wide.

next season will be interesting to see how ff and abdi work together under a new manager. 

I think we already have enough strikers in Hooper Fletcher Rhodes Winnall (all on a wedge £) Nuhiu and Joao!

agree re FF and AA

Very suprised about some people's line ups for next year. It's clear to see loovens is getting on now and should be more of a back up player. Hunt has proved recently he's a good full back and pudil also. We lack pace out wide and certainly need a 'flying ' winger. We have Rhodes, winnall, fletcher, hooper and I very much doubt we will be signing another striker unfortunately unless any leave . 

My team:

westwood

hunt

lees

Tarkowski 

pudil

NEW

lee

bannan

FF

Hooper

Rhodes

Its very hard to decide as the likes of Wallace have been good for the main part but with his age I think maybe off the bench may be best for delivery. Then you have fletcher who has been good recently , hutch who we know is great but accommodating everyone becomes very hard. Rhodes at 10m surely has to play with a pre season behind him and better service he's sure to get goals . The key ones for me are getting a cb and a fast winger who runs past full backs and makes things happen.