line up thoughts

I think it will just be Hutchinson in for Reach or Pudil tonight, maybe even just have Hutchinson on the bench if we're gonna play it more attacking. It is quite a hard one to decide tonight, we really do have a lot of good players, but someones gotta miss out.

I don't think either of the full backs covered themselves in glory on Sunday, so possibly shift Reach to left back and stick FF on the wing with Fletch, Hooper or Rhodes up top

Hutch and Lee is a different pairing to Hutch and Bannan.  Hutch gives Lee full licence to break forward.  I've no problem with Hutch coming in and sitting deep allowing full backs added security to push forward and Lee too.  However, he's got to have 3 CM's in front of him.

Westwood

Loovens                              Lees                      

Hunt                                                                               Pudil

Hutch

Wallace                                      Bannan

Lee

Hooper (if fit)/Rhodes

Fletcher

Signing off in readiness for tonight.

Whether it's "my" preferred line-up, or "your" preferred line-up, let's just hope that Carlos's 11+3 do themselves proud and get through to that final.

UTO.

Nervous but excited.

40 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

The starting 11 will be;

Westwood 

Hunt 
Lees
Loovens
Pudil

Lee
Hutch
Bannan

Wallace
Forestieri

Fletcher

Not sure if it's 4-4-2 or 4-5-1

Interesting.

Wallace over to the left? That would be no bad thing in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, 19owl08 said:

And yes I'm well aware the lad could be talking out of his arse but lately I've seen the starting line up leaked on twatter a few times.

320 million Hans Christian Andersons on twatter making things up daily ...now and again coincidence is going to see them hit home.

2 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

Some lad on twatter is saying Hutchinson starts in place of Reach. If so I hope we are moving to 4-5-1 formation with Fessi pushing up on the left & Wallace the right. Let Lee play an advanced midfield role with Bannan & Hutch sitting deep to control the game.

And yes I'm well aware the lad could be talking out of his arse but lately I've seen the starting line up leaked on twatter a few times.

This is also what ive heard. See my above post.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Spoke to two Udders pals, two Citeh fans and a Leeds fan this week.

Every one of them picked out Bannan as our stand-out player Sunday......and it was hardly one of his better days.

They are wrong 

Big risk leaving Reach out with their attacking full back but Carlos will have a plan

I understand this issue about Hutch sitting too deep but in games like this you have to earn the right to play. The reason we didn't on Sunday was because midfield was bossed and therefore no service for forwards or full backs and it turned into a far more defensive performance than Carlos intended

whatever the line up is what is alarming is we have only won 1 of our last 9 games when hooper didn't play ,won 6 in a row with hooper  before that we really were struggling and we were awful sunday. the games against hudds have all been very tight , but we got a world class goal from Wallace in jan and a sending off for them to give us the 2-0 win was pretty even otherwise. I think we should put out an attacking line up play hutch so that allows lee to push further forward and also full backs too , I'm tempted to drop bannan we are far too lightweight in centre mid with him and lee . I wouldn't rule out bannan playing left of mid as pudil might be given more attacking role if hutch is in team . either way lets go for it I don't want to watch a game of chess.

2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

All opinions, mine no more valid than yours but I'd say

Hutch - lacks forward drive, we never build an attack when he's in midfield

Bannan - Wasted and ineffective out wide

FF - plays too far forward and doesn't link up, the anti-hooper, especially with Hutch in midfield

Fletcher - I prefer Rhodes too but Fletcher has been scoring recently, Rhodes hasn't

Carlos will pick the team, at this point I think we all owe him the respect of trusting him with it

The main point is what you made there mate 'Carlos will pick and we will trust' Exactly what we all must know,

Think it is simple though for a big home game,

Hutchinson never wastes the ball and is more clever with it than what he gets credit for, Allows Bannan to roam a little, Though reckless thoughts around the challenges,

FF left side and switch during the game - Tommy Smith will have a nightmare getting back against him (crackin right back goin forward) - If not let Wallace have a go - Smith is a big threat and I'd like to think he was pinned back to actually have some defending to do,

Hooper to play at all costs (barring still injured) but Fletcher was dog awful on Sunday - A footballer can't expect to start after a performance like that, Winnal for me,

If it is Hutch for Reach then it is simply to try and impose our style on them. Something we never did on Sunday 

And like it or not our style for big, tough games is for Hutch to sit , Lee to bomb on, wide midfielders who are capable of coming into the middle to help out and fill the space creating room out wide for the full backs to get forward.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He started 22 games LM last season, and several times swapped back to CM at or after HT.

You honestly want to go back to 3 CMs after how we looked for the first half a season????

Last season was mainly Lee and Hutch in the centre, even remember a spell of Lopez and Lee but Bannan was primarily used out wide but playing narrowly. The beginning of the season we played Bannan and Lee centrally together! He changed about October/November and brought Hutch back in from CB to CM for more bite in the middle. 

Westwood

hunt       Loovens.    Lees.     Pudil

.         Hutch.        Bannan 

wallace.         Lee .          Fessi 

.                    Rhodes

subs 

fletcher 

winnal

palmer 

reach 

wildsmith

They will have two AM supporting Wells. This is the key area for them, if we allow little give and goes for Wells to run onto if there is space behind then we could be in trouble.

Hutch or Jones have to patrol the area. Hutch by tackling, Jones by reading the game. This in turn will allow out fullbacks to get forward as they have coverage.

My only real fear is if CC is too cautious and we try and win a two legged tie for the last 20 mins only. 

I wouldn't start Forristieri and Fletcher as a front two. It doesn't work as Sunday's game showed. 

I'd like to see Rhodes and Winnall start Tonight.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

54 minutes ago, Retford_Owl said:

This will be the team tonight people...

Westwood

Hunt

Lees 

Loovens

Pudil

Hutchinson 

Bannan

Wallace

Lee

Forestieri 

Fletcher 

Subs

Wildsmith 

Palmer

Sasso

Reach

Jones

Rhodes

Nuhiu 

.......... Absolutely sure!!

I like the look of that too be honest. 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I wouldn't start Forristieri and Fletcher as a front two. It doesn't work as Sunday's game showed. 

I'd like to see Rhodes and Winnall start Tonight.

Agreed- People trying to shoehorn FF in - he isn't fully fit and doesn't get properly utilised upfront.  Bench.

Start with Reach on the left and Winnall/Rhodes/Fletcher up front.

Its served us well recently - why change it? 

Quite concerned CC is going to make a hash of selection with players back from injury.  

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

320 million Hans Christian Andersons on twatter making things up daily ...now and again coincidence is going to see them hit home.

Aye... but he was right wasn't he