Chansiri can't wait for tonight

1 hour ago, tuttuttut said:

That's interesting as these new owners tried to take over Hull earlier but failed the fit and proper person test for the Premier League.

Wonder what would happen if they were to win the play offs? 

Would the Premier league let them in? 

Could it be that tonight is the play off final?

Im sure I read a few weeks back that Reading winning the playoffs would cause a problem for the EPL as they would have to make a tough decision: go against their earlier, Hull, decision and accept the EFL's less strict criteria, or refuse Reading a place in the EPL with all the ensuing repercussions.

I hope it doesn't come down to it, but if we were to lose the final we could still get promoted!

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Im sure I read a few weeks back that Reading winning the playoffs would cause a problem for the EPL as they would have to make a tough decision: go against their earlier, Hull, decision and accept the EFL's less strict criteria, or refuse Reading a place in the EPL with all the ensuing repercussions.

I hope it doesn't come down to it, but if we were to lose the final we could still get promoted!

Add to that Hulls say on it.

If they accept Reading into the premier league with these owners but refused Hull, then surely a legal challenge will happen because what if these Chinese investors had the cash to keep hull up. Why should hull lose out

1 minute ago, tuttuttut said:

Add to that Hulls say on it.

If they accept Reading into the premier league with these owners but refused Hull, then surely a legal challenge will happen because what if these Chinese investors had the cash to keep hull up. Why should hull lose out

It could be messy whatever the premier league decide. But I suspect it'll be a fudge, with comments about "additional safeguards and reassurances".

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Whatever happens DC has done his utmost to deliver on his promises. Furthermore, unlike many in his position, he has immersed himself in the club and has not been a headline hunter. Seriously think he's the best Chairman in the Championship and beyond.

He's been brilliant so far with his promises.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

People outside Sheffield might then mistake us for  that other club. Can't risk that.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Greengrass said:

The bloke genuinely loves it, happy to have his photo taken, goes to away matches, puts his cash in. I reckon he will be first on the pitch tonight if we win.

(hope he's the only one on the pitch)

He's gonna swing on the crossbar.

ITK.

3 hours ago, RichieB said:

Didn't want to make a new thread about it so I'll put it in here. 

It seems any connection to TUF that Reading had has now gone as they announced their takeover last night. Glad about that as it kind of made me feel a little uneasy that both us and Reading had owner's connected to TUF 

http://mobile.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/a-club-statement-new-shareholders-3718120.aspx

Get ready for the big TUF sponsorships if we got up

Had the good fortune to meet Mr Chansiri at Huddersfield towards the back end of last season after a much needed win got us closer to securing a play off place.

He was a top bloke, had a photo with me and the thing that struck me most was how relieved he was at having won the game with a late Fessi goal.

He really does care.

Mind you come to think of it... if I had a £200m payday riding on the outcome of a football match I'd probably be a bit on the edgy side.

Grateful to have Mr Chansiri at the helm and also to Milan for his dedication in finding him in the first place.