Wednesdays nights atmosphere- plans?

In special games, we as fans always seem to create an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition, which gives our players a real lift.

Not sure we need the flags and definitely not those irritating clappers.

Someone in front of me on the North broke out one of those rattle things at the last match.

Luckily for him he only used it for about 3 seconds just before kick off because there was a mob ready to boot him down the staircase, out of the stadium and into the River Don had he continued.

It's inevitable the lights are going to happen again. I don't have any issues with it tbh, whatever lifts the crowd and the team, but can we just avoid people trying to do it 14 seconds into the match?!

Save it for the right moment otherwise it loses its luster!

I just hope its a lot better than it was yesterday.

The Wednesday fans were very, very quiet.  There was a few of us trying to get some songs going, but to no avail.

Hudds fans next to us totally out sung us and drowned out any sort of song we got going.  Yes, it was manufactured with the flags etc, but it definitely lifted their team.

Guest Ferkorf
11 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

The Wednesday fans were very, very quiet.  There was a few of us trying to get some songs going, but to no avail.

Hudds fans next to us totally out sung us and drowned out any sort of song we got going.  Yes, it was manufactured with the flags etc, but it definitely lifted their team.

I'm sure it was Huddersfield away earlier this season when it was 0-0 and there was no interest off the fans around me in getting behind the team, they didnt even clap along to the songs. It was the same at wembley even before we went one nil down.

Funny Bunch our fans sometimes...

23 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

I thought we outsang them a few times to be honest.

Especially when they were singing "were by far the greatest team" and we started singing it, We completely drown them out.

6 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

I thought we outsang them a few times to be honest.

Especially when they were singing "were by far the greatest team" and we started singing it, We completely drown them out.

That's what we were reduced to piggy backing their songs.

It was a poor effort, lets not sugar coat it.

Wednesday night will hopefully be different.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The best atmosphere is when it is spontaneous, not when it is planned/organised. See Owls vs Brighton light show and compare it to Brighton vs Owls flag waving/clapper banging at last years semi's.

yes but planned is good, i remember the atmosphere for the Kaiserslautern and Chelsea home leg games. Atmosphere was proper buzzed up before the game.

In hoping theres something extra to get the fans on side, this is our biggest home game of the season.

I was in the Brighton end last year in the 2nd leg!!!

When we walked out on to the concourse 5 mins before kickoff the noise was just deafening...... and this was just from the music being blasted out. This got the crowd absolutely pumped and BHA started the game with such a tempo i thought they were going to run over us in the first 20mins.

Not sure what my point is but whoever is in charge of the music....... turn it up and get some bouncing tunes on!!!

p.s - although i chewed my way through a BHA flag during the 2nd leg and it stopped me from shouting out and getting filled in they are still tinpot so we dont need any gimmicks just a ground full of Owls supporting our great club

UTO

There is a place in football for flags, clappers and manufactured atmospheres But it's not Hillsborough.

Lets do what we always do in big games get right behind the team from the off and stay there for the whole game.