Hooper

Guest RocketOwl

10 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

lol

Give over.

He was a regular during the first few months of the season when we were at our worst. Results actually improved when he was injured.

He's put in some good performances recently and deserves his place in the side, but let's not get carried away.

Didn't we change our style of play though maybe this affected Hoopers form and he wasn't that bad and  to say " at our worst ",  we were still picking up points in that period . we were a tad boring and trying to be hard to beat , changing our style from last season .One player alone  won't ever guarantee us a win but for me Hooper is the missing link of late he's been excellent on his return . 

8 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

There's got to be another song for him using Abba's "Super Trooper" song... I'm too busy laughing at Leeds to give it any constructive thought , but when I stop I'll work on it.

His song would be 4,500 times better if everybody sang the whole verse.

When I'm with you Gary

I go out of my head

And I just can't get enough

And I just can't get enough 

All the things you do to me

And everything you said

We slip and slide as we fall in love

And I just can't get seem to get enough of...

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

GARY HOOPER.

Won't happen, but the whole kop singing this would be like anfield in the 60's singing beatles songs. Bloody lovely. And I hate scousers generally.

2 hours ago, Internationowl said:

His song would be 4,500 times better if everybody sang the whole verse.

When I'm with you Gary

I go out of my head

And I just can't get enough

All the things you do to me

And everything you said

We slip and slide as we fall in love

And I just can't get seem to get enough of...

GARY HOOPER.

Won't happen, but the whole kop singing this would be like anfield in the 60's singing beatles songs. Bloody lovely. And I hate scousers generally.

That would be an uplifting song without doubt.

How does the whole chant thing work... is there a bunch of cool dudes at the back of the North stand putting together killer tunes and then filtering the completed work to the masses with runners and drones... how does it happen ? They need to get their act together because the current repertoire is a bit limited.

2 hours ago, scilly owl said:

That would be an uplifting song without doubt.

How does the whole chant thing work... is there a bunch of cool dudes at the back of the North stand putting together killer tunes and then filtering the completed work to the masses with runners and drones... how does it happen ? They need to get their act together because the current repertoire is a bit limited.

Think you basically have to be really inebriated and just start belting it out in a full pub or away end. The tricky part is it has to be short and catchy enough for at least 50 similarly drunk meat heads to understand it, like it and of course join in. No easy task indeed. 

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Seemed very angry to be subbed. Looked like Bullen was calming him down. 

Anyone near the bench see or hear what went on?

Yep, he was very angry. Kept asking Bully why he had been subbed. For me, it's a non event, he showed his passion and commitment, and was disappointed to come off.

What I like is that when he drops off and gets the ball, he looks for someone in space (which is usually out wide) and gives it them straight away rather than faffing around until said individual has been closed down. This allows us to move forward much quicker than having to look for a pass inside and slowing play down

21 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

lol

Give over.

He was a regular during the first few months of the season when we were at our worst. Results actually improved when he was injured.

He's put in some good performances recently and deserves his place in the side, but let's not get carried away.

I bet you're one of those guys that could win a million quid and then whinge cos you're wallet isn't big enough... 

4 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Yep, he was very angry. Kept asking Bully why he had been subbed. For me, it's a non event, he showed his passion and commitment, and was disappointed to come off.

Im delighted he feels fit enough to play longer than 77 minutes. He was clearly enjoying the game and that goal had given him another gear still.

22 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Are you serious?

He was fuming that he hadn't been brought off earlier! He was looking to the bench to come off from 55 minutes onwards!

27 minutes ago, modboy said:

im not sure this year, past months results would say otherwise

I think recent performances have shown us that all of our forward players have become very important to our current success.

FF, Reach and Wallace.

Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes.

If we get 5 games out of each of these we won't be far away from the Prem.

Interesting, that if you had to put your mortgage on ONE player starting every one of the next 5 matches (fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc etc etc) it would have to be Ross.

Edited by Holmowl