OTD 26 Years Ago Rumbelows Joy !

Double delight for me as I'd won Man of the Match that morning.

Big gathering of family at my parents house, they bought a new MASSIVE TV, must have been about 24 inch, specially for the game.

I have memories of the match itself but can't recall the post match celebrations at all.

FB_IMG_1492844756785.jpg.0aa836d91e7fc8758cad0353835f62de.jpg

Just a brilliant day...all I ever wanted growing up was to see my team win a Cup Final at Wembley...from the overnight queuing up down at the ground for tickets to the actual game itself going perfectly to plan it was just brilliant to be a part of it all...amazing! Plus my mad mate Gaz started a very silly Owls fanzine called "Dink" a few years later when the rot had well and truly set in and we were failing fast as a Prem team...I used to write daft stuff in that..anyone remember the "Elvis Pressman" issue?? ...

9 hours ago, ash60s said:

brilliant memory of a brilliant team - strip wasn't bad either! :manager:

Yes Mr Chansiri please take note. Every time we've won owt it's been wearing stripes! The sole exception was 1935 where due to a colour clash we wore plain white shirts, navy shorts and blue and white hooped socks. Even then our proper kit for that season was Blue & White Stripes, Black shorts and hooped socks!

Edited by Utah Owl

On 4/21/2017 at 08:49, Lord Snooty said:

What a day. Never seen before or since so many grown men crying.

Only seems like the blink of an eye ago.  Hard to believe it's well over two decades.

Hopefully good times around the corner for our younger fan base to know that feeling and have their own memories of modern Wednesday legends.

I'm sure the ever loyal stubbs was on hand with a silk kerchief m'lud.