Another Ticket Thread - Fulham Home

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Didn't notice your outrage at Barnsley charging thirty six quid recently? Or is it only home ticket prices that you get so disgusted about?

To be fair the reason the dingles charged £36 was because they were matching the prices from the game at Hillsborough!

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair the reason the dingles charged £36 was because they were matching the prices from the game at Hillsborough!

It was same price for Barnsley fans too in all home areas. They were and are Category A prices at Oakwell.

16 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I know what you meant but the reality is that we are not a charity and whilst I agree it's expensive, the best way to get the club to change its pricing policy is not to pay it.

Our season tickets offer good value for money. Our matchday prices are too expensive but we expect to be challenging at the top end of the division, we need to generate income as we can't match the spending power of clubs with parachute payments and may risk going down the line of racking up debt again like Brighton have done.

There will be some who genuinely cant afford it but among the same people who won't pay are people who cried for Forestieri to get a new contract and would have moaned at the club had the Rhodes transfer not been completed.

I have to agree that the prices are too high. But the only way realistically the prices will charge is if attendances are significantly effected.

I know the argument about if you want decent players you have to pay these ticket prices. But find it a bit sad that people I know who have been for years are now starting to go less.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Our season tickets offer good value for money. Our matchday prices are too expensive but we expect to be challenging at the top end of the division, we need to generate income as we can't match the spending power of clubs with parachute payments and may risk going down the line of racking up debt again like Brighton have done.

There will be some who genuinely cant afford it but among the same people who won't pay are people who cried for Forestieri to get a new contract and would have moaned at the club had the Rhodes transfer not been completed.

Yep finding the right balance is very difficult, to cheap you can't compete (be very interesting to see how Huddersfield get on over the next two or three seasons), too expensive the fans won't turn up. (Would have loved to know how many we would have got against Newcastle if it hadn't been for Sky)

I still think DC hasn't quite got the balance right (but what do I know?).  

The fans ultimate weapon is their feet (in either direction).

(((sorry for all the brackets)))

Edited by Holmes

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have to agree that the prices are too high. But the only way realistically the prices will charge is if attendances are significantly effected.

I know the argument about if you want decent players you have to pay these ticket prices. But find it a bit sad that people I know who have been for years are now starting to go less.

I know what you are saying but conversely I know of a fair few fans who stopped going in the mid-2000's having previously had season tickets and in the past 5 years only went to 2 or 3 matches a season. This season they have bought season tickets and have renewed for next season.

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, ANDY said:

I thought the final league home game would have been cheaper as a gesture from the chairman

oh well,

A gesture for what? 

3 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Yep finding the right balance is very difficult, to cheap you can't compete (be very intresting to see how Huddersfield get on over the next two or three seasons), to expensive the fans won't turn up. (Would have loved to know how many we would have got, if it hadn't been on Sky)

I still think DC hasn't quite got the blance right (but what do I know?).  

The fans ultimate weapon is their feet (in either direction).

(((sorry for all the brackets)))

I am surprised that we aren't putting an offer on - there haven't been many from what I remember this season, the Newcastle game showed the benefit of having a positive big crowd but also that we could have sold more had it been a bit cheaper. It was easily the best atmosphere at Hillsborough since the Villa game and with Carlos coming out and saying how it had helped the team I half expected an offer in at least 1 of the remaining games to ensure the upbeat mood was built on.

It may be that the the Newcastle game showed DC that fans will turn up for big games even with it being  Cat A & on SKY, Fulham aren't anywhere near the draw that Newcastle are but the game is potentially more important.

38 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Didn't notice your outrage at Barnsley charging thirty six quid recently? Or is it only home ticket prices that you get so disgusted about?

Does it make it ok for the club to rip off its fans, as long as other clubs are also charging stupidly high prices?

Are you not allowed to be disgusted by both?

Just now, Slick. said:

Does it make it ok for the club to rip off its fans, as long as other clubs are also charging stupidly high prices?

Are you not allowed to be disgusted by both?

I think that's the point, very few seemed to be as disgusted by the Barnsley prices.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am surprised that we aren't putting an offer on - there haven't been many from what I remember this season, the Newcastle game showed the benefit of having a positive big crowd but also that we could have sold more had it been a bit cheaper. It was easily the best atmosphere at Hillsborough since the Villa game and with Carlos coming out and saying how it had helped the team I half expected an offer in at least 1 of the remaining games to ensure the upbeat mood was built on.

It may be that the the Newcastle game showed DC that fans will turn up for big games even with it being  Cat A & on SKY, Fulham aren't anywhere near the draw that Newcastle are but the game is potentially more important.

Agree ....  I would recommend to anyone wavering to get a season ticket and I feel for the fans who can't scrape the money together to buy one.

23 minutes ago, bradowl said:

It was same price for Barnsley fans too in all home areas. They were and are Category A prices at Oakwell.

I know they had to charge the same for their fans as ours, I wonder if they have used that Cat A price at Oakwell for anyone other than us?

55 minutes ago, Lombado said:

The play off semi was about £20 last year. not sure if this was fixed by EFL or because we couldn't keep the receipts after our expenses anyway.

And also Season Ticket holders had to pay. Would be interesting to face the prospect of paying £40 to sit in your own seat

A sensible policy is needed again to guarantee a full house and recreate the same atmosphere v Brighton

Edited by Baldrick
Typo

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I know they had to charge the same for their fans as ours, I wonder if they have used that Cat A price at Oakwell for anyone other than us?

They did for Leeds game, not sure about others.

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

They did for Leeds game, not sure about others.

Leeds are also pricey tickets for away fans so seems to match Barnsley's trend of charging similar prices that they were charge or expect to be charged for the reverse fixture. The dingles only charged Newcastle fans £30.