Honesty is the best policy....

19 minutes ago, alcock dived said:

Was watching on my phone on the 15bk beykoz to kadikoy commuter bus in Istanbul after i finished work. My fellow commuters must have thought i was mental, especially when Shelvey missed that 60 yard tap in! 

Someone asked if i was watching Trabzonspor v Besiktas (3-4 final score if anyones interested). To which i replied 'course not, Wednesday Newcastle match in't it'. Then Lees scored, and i started punching the air, first time in my life here I had space on the bus to stand in, as the locals backed away from the 'çılgın yabancı' (crazy foreigner). 

A Beşiktaş fan who was following his match on his phone gave me a knowing look and a congratulatory 'eyvallah'  when fletch scored as i tried to hide my delight this time. The tension was starting to tell toward the end, when my fellow traveller similarly punched the air as Beşiktaş grabbed a last minute equaliser. But i could barely muster the enthusiasm as 4 minutes were shown at the end of our game.

I think he understood though!

Sorry missed the point of the thread reliving the match.

Needless to say i may have a new bus based superstition!

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

What were your thoughts pre match yesterday?

I'll be honest....Me an' the lad were doing the usual on the walk down from the Horse an' Jockey, ...all the supersticious stuff like..."Did we walk under the roadsign or go around it against Norwich"?

Didn't do the good morning to Magpies thingy tho lol.....But I was mainly hoping for a point, just to keep us in touch with the play offs.

During the game , after those 3 gilt edged chances had been missed..I was quite satisfied that I could fall back on the old argument of.."Yea but what if"....

Then Wednesday do what Wednesday do...and take the f.ookin' lead.."A draws not a bad result" I thinks....(cos of the lookin' gift horses in the mouth wotsit)..settle down again...Then we get another!!!!..

That totally throws  everything out of kilter..cos I think,,"We might win this!"....and I honestly cant cope with that sort of thinking..as an Owls fan.

So When they got the one back.,..I'm immediately thinking..."Thats my fault..for the gift horses an' the wishful thinking...and i wondered again about the sodding "roadsign walkin' thingy"

I didn't watch the last 5 minutes..head in hands listening to the crowd....

I am a f.ookin' expert at knowing what Wednesday are doing with me eyes shut at Hillsborough...The noises, the nuances...I know when the opposition have a dangerous free kick simply by the hush on the Kop...I know when its cleared....I also know if its been cleared for a throw in...or for a corner....with me eyes still shut.

I know the sound of a late opposition equaliser...theres a totally quiet second, then a muted cheer..and i say "F.ook!!" without even opening an eye!..

Then theres the racous cheer of the last minute when Wednesday win a throw in the oppositions half...and its f.ookin' done with!.... like yesterday

I then open me eyes, an' pretend they were never shut, and I strut up the Lepp like a c.oont pretendin' it was never in doubt...

..........."Evenin' Mr Magpie!"

Amongst all the shiiite sometimes on this forum this shines out is like a diamond in goats arse lol

5 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

I just won't come FFS - see why attendance yesterday was lower than expected - your fault 

F.ookin' typical wishy washy can't be ars*d attitude of Owls fans.."oohhh..I haven't time to slaughter a goat, ive taped "Masterchef"..No sodding wonder we're not in the Prem yet...

Until you bleedin' bedwettin' woolly minded liberals start actually sacrificing your offspring.....or a goat (but not a Magpie)..We are in this division until Gods last trump..but you can't be bothered...Sat there singin' "honolulu"..While I'm actually burnin' the wife, ..

"Oh why Oh Why..aren't we playing Liverpool yet?"..Cos you haven't got the minerals.....(or the wood)..Thats f.ookin' why...you sodding wasters!

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

F.ookin' typical wishy washy can't be ars*d attitude of Owls fans.."oohhh..I haven't time to slaughter a goat, ive taped "Masterchef"..No sodding wonder we're not in the Prem yet...

Im only PT as I've said, I only get to 10 a year (always make it an even number) , 12 if the playoffs and 1 trip to london ( which is actually closer than sodding sheff to me now) - hold on, 1 in London.... odd number.... ow god this is bad.... if we get to the final

again can we say that's two in 12 months? Shall I just support another team? Who needs more PT fans? But I'm WEDNESDAY, right this is full crisis mode now, need to touch my sticker now and rock in corner

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Im only PT as I've said, I only get to 10 a year (always make it an even number) , 12 if the playoffs and 1 trip to london ( which is actually closer than sodding sheff to me now) - hold on, 1 in London.... odd number.... ow god this is bad.... if we get to the final

again can we say that's two in 12 months? Shall I just support another team? Who needs more PT fans? But I'm WEDNESDAY, right this is full crisis mode now, need to touch my sticker now and rock in corner

Move house..soft lad...We all have to make...I was gonna say "Sacrifices" but I'm a bit worried about the state of yer health now lol

Edited by asteener1867

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

What were your thoughts pre match yesterday?

I'll be honest....Me an' the lad were doing the usual on the walk down from the Horse an' Jockey, ...all the supersticious stuff like..."Did we walk under the roadsign or go around it against Norwich"?

Didn't do the good morning to Magpies thingy tho lol.....But I was mainly hoping for a point, just to keep us in touch with the play offs.

During the game , after those 3 gilt edged chances had been missed..I was quite satisfied that I could fall back on the old argument of.."Yea but what if"....

Then Wednesday do what Wednesday do...and take the f.ookin' lead.."A draws not a bad result" I thinks....(cos of the lookin' gift horses in the mouth wotsit)..settle down again...Then we get another!!!!..

That totally throws  everything out of kilter..cos I think,,"We might win this!"....and I honestly cant cope with that sort of thinking..as an Owls fan.

So When they got the one back.,..I'm immediately thinking..."Thats my fault..for the gift horses an' the wishful thinking...and i wondered again about the sodding "roadsign walkin' thingy"

I didn't watch the last 5 minutes..head in hands listening to the crowd....

I am a f.ookin' expert at knowing what Wednesday are doing with me eyes shut at Hillsborough...The noises, the nuances...I know when the opposition have a dangerous free kick simply by the hush on the Kop...I know when its cleared....I also know if its been cleared for a throw in...or for a corner....with me eyes still shut.

I know the sound of a late opposition equaliser...theres a totally quiet second, then a muted cheer..and i say "F.ook!!" without even opening an eye!..

Then theres the racous cheer of the last minute when Wednesday win a throw in the oppositions half...and its f.ookin' done with!.... like yesterday

I then open me eyes, an' pretend they were never shut, and I strut up the Lepp like a c.oont pretendin' it was never in doubt...

..........."Evenin' Mr Magpie!"

You ought to get a job as a guide dog trainer