Honesty is the best policy....

What were your thoughts pre match yesterday?

I'll be honest....Me an' the lad were doing the usual on the walk down from the Horse an' Jockey, ...all the supersticious stuff like..."Did we walk under the roadsign or go around it against Norwich"?

Didn't do the good morning to Magpies thingy tho lol.....But I was mainly hoping for a point, just to keep us in touch with the play offs.

During the game , after those 3 gilt edged chances had been missed..I was quite satisfied that I could fall back on the old argument of.."Yea but what if"....

Then Wednesday do what Wednesday do...and take the f.ookin' lead.."A draws not a bad result" I thinks....(cos of the lookin' gift horses in the mouth wotsit)..settle down again...Then we get another!!!!..

That totally throws  everything out of kilter..cos I think,,"We might win this!"....and I honestly cant cope with that sort of thinking..as an Owls fan.

So When they got the one back.,..I'm immediately thinking..."Thats my fault..for the gift horses an' the wishful thinking...and i wondered again about the sodding "roadsign walkin' thingy"

I didn't watch the last 5 minutes..head in hands listening to the crowd....

I am a f.ookin' expert at knowing what Wednesday are doing with me eyes shut at Hillsborough...The noises, the nuances...I know when the opposition have a dangerous free kick simply by the hush on the Kop...I know when its cleared....I also know if its been cleared for a throw in...or for a corner....with me eyes still shut.

I know the sound of a late opposition equaliser...theres a totally quiet second, then a muted cheer..and i say "F.ook!!" without even opening an eye!..

Then theres the racous cheer of the last minute when Wednesday win a throw in the oppositions half...and its f.ookin' done with!.... like yesterday

I then open me eyes, an' pretend they were never shut, and I strut up the Lepp like a c.oont pretendin' it was never in doubt...

..........."Evenin' Mr Magpie!"

Edited by asteener1867

Sorry it was all my fault!. couldn't make match and hate watching it on TV so mooched about (more like walked up and down like a numpty).

Other half said " for Gods sake put it on for last 5 mins. Took his advice and as soon as I changed channel bloody Newcastle scored.

When will I learn.

My thoughts were VERY pre-match because I missed the late KO time so I thought I would be getting the HT score when I got home from work at 4.00pm. But the worries were very bad anyway. The games against Rotherham and Barnsley had given scant cause for confidence but I was hopeful. Just great that, as ever, we produce outstanding performance just when you think we are on a downer!

Just got that feeling pre-match we'd win. 

Had that big game feel and we tend to step up in those situations. Needless to say we did - that was our best home performance of the season. 

13 minutes ago, jap said:

Sorry it was all my fault!. couldn't make match and hate watching it on TV so mooched about (more like walked up and down like a numpty).

Other half said " for Gods sake put it on for last 5 mins. Took his advice and as soon as I changed channel bloody Newcastle scored.

When will I learn.

I'm pretty lucky, cos the wife hates me being at home when Wednesday are playing, so Ive mainly always had a season ticket....Don't get to so many away now though..but she was more than happy to fund me for that after a "stack of plates incident" while I was listening to Wednesday away at Norwich a few years ago...We were 1 up with no time left, and I was trying to keep meself occupied by drying the pots in the kitchen....I had 3 plates in my hands when Norwich scored...and simply flung the f.ookers against the wall...I surprised meself TBH....

Been ill all week so was 50/50 if i went or not. I only live a spit away so i left the final decision till late. Decided to stay in seeing as it was on Sky. 

After the away match in Newcastle i thought we had a chance but the pessimist in me took over so i stayed home. At half time after seeing us play pretty well i almost put my coat on an walked down but decided to stay in again.

I like to think it was me staying away that led to a great win and also saving you fellow Owls from spreading my bugs about.

I'll be back Friday

Wasn't gonna watch but decided to.

We missed three great chances and clearly the final score was going to be 0-2

Then we scored, OK 1-1 final score. Take that.

Then we scored again.............never felt more like singing the blues

Then they scored...... hmmm, we'll be alright

And we were.........BUZZIN'

UTO

19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

To be honest , I was more worried about playing Rotherham, I knew we would be up for the Toon although I was not convinced we would win.

It simply just carries on though..doesn't it?

I'm already thinkin'...."Typical Wednesday..beat Newcastle, an' then f.ook it up against Cardiff"....I know I shouldn't, but if I don't, it might make me arrogant, like Newcastle fans suddenly seem to have become...

So I think it...cos if I don't.... it might happen...If you know what I mean.

And there you go all these sodding mind games...WITH!!..simply yerself!!!...Its absolutely ludicrous!

AND..What is so god awful worrying about this ridiculous, supersticion led  nonsense is.....Mention it to ANY Owls fan, and they immediately know what you mean!

It would take a f.ookin' qualified psychiatrist a bleedin' year to work out....but say to an Owls fan on the way to Hillsborough every other f.ookin' Saturday...

"Have you nodded to that bleedin' Magpie"..and they reply...."Too right mate"..

Try that on f.ookin' Fargate.... and you would get carted off!!!..

....On leppings lane of a Saturday?...

...."Too right mate"

Theres fat c.oonts like me, come a Saturday, ...dodgin' cracks on the pavement like soddin' Rudolph Nureyev...and chattin' to sodding Magpies!..When Monday through bleedin' Friday....We simply carry on as normal...What in the name of the sake of fookwhittery, is it all about...

I consider meself of a sound mind...but I read this post back and think..."What happens on a Saturday"..Its like I become a totally different person...Some sort o' Rune throwin' Pagan nutcase.....

And the funniest thing...honestly ....the funniest thing about the whole f.ookfest is...

I did the same thing in the years ago...and we were losing at home to f.ookin' CREWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by asteener1867

I have mentioned on here my theory, I have a lucky WEDNESDAY crest sticker above my stairs on the wall, I and the boy touches this every match day, only when we win is it lucky.... lol

i bring him up as much as i can, but since his mum passed it's been hard. I've got a mate who has come with me a few times (norwich and yesterday) maybe he's good luck? Maybe my son is good luck? Maybe it's good luck when he needs a wee and the staff let him in the ground on the north stand 2hrs before the game to pee? It's driving me mad all this luck business. 

Still belive the lad is a good luck charm tho as he has not seen us lose yet..... yet!! (Is that unlucky? It has to run out doesn't it?) ow god do I take him Friday??????

IMG_6596.JPG

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

I have mentioned on here my theory, I have a lucky WEDNESDAY crest sticker above my stairs on the wall, I and the boy touches this every match day, only when we win is it lucky.... lol

i bring him up as much as i can, but since his mum passed it's been hard. I've got a mate who has come with me a few times (norwich and yesterday) maybe he's good luck? Maybe my son is good luck? Maybe it's good luck when he needs a wee and the staff let him in the ground on the north stand 2hrs before the game to pee? It's driving me mad all this luck business. 

Still belive the lad is a good luck charm tho as he has not seen us lose yet..... yet!! (Is that unlucky? It has to run out doesn't it?) ow god do I take him Friday??????

IMG_6596.JPG

Spot on , take the lad Friday.....Even if it goes totally t*ts up, you get him involved in the whole mentalness of the dogs breakfast....If we lose..simply tell him he wore the wrong undercrackers!

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Spot on , take the lad Friday.....Even if it goes totally t*ts up, you get him involved in the whole mentalness of the dogs breakfast....If we lose..simply tell him he wore the wrong undercrackers!

Ha ha yes possibly right! I'll bring him, will be his 4th game my 8th, and the only loss I've seen was when I went to the reading one. 

Ill bring the boy... thank me Friday night boys