Honesty is the best policy....

Pre game ritual this season for me and the lad has been park up, wander through Hillsborough Park catching pokemon for a bit, trip to little sweet shop newsagents thing at top of leppings Lane then a meander down. Did same yesterday. Just as we're leaving the park it hit me. Sudden dread and foreboding, we were gonna get pasted. Like properly pasted 7 1 and could have been 10 pasted. Couldn't shake the feeling. Then we squandered chance after chance. The rest is history. 

14 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Have to be honest...........I posted my thoughts in the 'score predictions' thread. Namely;

I thought Newcastle would win easily, but I'm always wrong, so we would win 2-1.

Not sure if that's accurate, pessimistic or just waffle?!

I predicted 9-0...so in a way, we were both right :)

Wear my lucky black and yellow pinstripes away shirt normally but as we were playing Newcastle thought I'd change it up and on top of that I wore me Pudil 36 shirt that I caught when he launched it into north earlier this season (you can thank me for the MOM performance Dani, but thanks for the free shirt!). From now will need to check team sheet to see if Pudil's playing before deciding on me get up for t'game. Not sure what to do if he's on the bench... Probably just take the shirt but not wear it..

13 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

I can honestly say I've never gone to a game thinking we will lose, admittedly I've gone home a little disappointed sometimes lol UTO 

Only time I can remember thinking we'd lose was Man City away few years back (ok a few games under Irvine also)

On seeing their star studded team sheet and ours with a makeshift defence and Nuhiu and Stevie May upfront resigned meself to a pasting. As it turned out we played great and went in 0-0 half time. Remember saying to my brother that we could might even sneak a win then. Came back out and conceded 4 in 15 mins and ended up losing 7-1.. I blamed meself there...

2 hours ago, robswfc said:

Only time I can remember thinking we'd lose was Man City away few years back (ok a few games under Irvine also)

On seeing their star studded team sheet and ours with a makeshift defence and Nuhiu and Stevie May upfront resigned meself to a pasting. As it turned out we played great and went in 0-0 half time. Remember saying to my brother that we could might even sneak a win then. Came back out and conceded 4 in 15 mins and ended up losing 7-1.. I blamed meself there...

That was one of those games I went home a little disappointed.   UTO