It will take a miracle

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

We're lulling everyone into a false sense of security

Then we're going to smash them all in the play offs

This could actually happen, unintentionally.  We've been inconsistent, and, at times poor.  We've been unlucky (at Derby, Birmingham and Brentford for example) and we've been lucky (Rotherham, Bristol City for example).  We've had a lot of injuries and changed the team a lot.

It is possible that everybody is fit, the team gels, the luck goes our way and the officials are fair to us in the playoffs. Unlikely I know but we have a strong squad and it could happen.

Guest Deleted member
Just now, 31Dec1966 said:

This could actually happen, unintentionally.  We've been inconsistent, and, at times poor.  We've been unlucky (at Derby, Birmingham and Brentford for example) and we've been lucky (Rotherham, Bristol City for example).  We've had a lot of injuries and changed the team a lot.

It is possible that everybody is fit, the team gels, the luck goes our way and the officials are fair to us in the playoffs. Unlikely I know but we have a strong squad and it could happen.

The non-believers will start believing when we are 3 up at Wembley in the 80th minute - and start to enjoy the season from there...

Guest Deleted member
Just now, asteener1867 said:

Ooooh...80 minutes 3 up?...You reckon we would nick it in extra time then?

Personally I wouldn't believe it even at 3 up until I'd seen how many minutes of time added on we were playing

Guest mrbluesky

@Grandad Praise & Grumble pundits were advocating booooooing today, they said that players were "big enough to handle it" and basically saying "you pays yer money..." 

I was shocked Grandad!can you ring them tomorrow and tell them that no booing at Hillsborough atall said!!

6 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

For us to get promoted the Premier league this season.

We are actually very consistent in the way we play.

Very predictable in our approach. The opposites know exactly what they need to do to stifle us and it works.

Carvalhal is reluctant to do anything other than what he has been doing all season. Same formation. Same players depending on availability. 

He failed to recognise the obvious when Lee got injured. He needed to replace the engine room and didn't. 

With eight games to go I predict the same inconsistency with the odd surprise win that won't be enough to get us into the playoffs.  

It will take a miracle for us to get promoted under Carlos Carvalhal. 

only game ide bet on us losing is against Colins team

5 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

Hard to engage with stuff like this with the presumption that it's said in good faith, to be honest.

I assure you that it is. If I didn't care about the club's betterment, I'd be quite happy with the status quo. I hope to be proven totally, utterly and categorically wrong by the end of May. If that happens I'll gladly write on here just how wrong I've been. I like Carlos as a person, and I'd rather him get us promoted than anyone else. My problem is that I just haven't seen anything this season to suggest that it will happen.

I still get the feeling that we will get it right when it counts. They say the sign of a good team is to get points when not playing that well. We have been doing that all season. 

Said it earlier this season but Hull must have been very negative when dropping out of contention for automatic last year, yet still went up and showed their quality on the day.

I'm going to predict now that we are going up...the best season in recent times but still amidst an air of negativity...definitely the Wednesday way

14 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

I still get the feeling that we will get it right when it counts. They say the sign of a good team is to get points when not playing that well. We have been doing that all season. 

Said it earlier this season but Hull must have been very negative when dropping out of contention for automatic last year, yet still went up and showed their quality on the day.

I'm going to predict now that we are going up...the best season in recent times but still amidst an air of negativity...definitely the Wednesday way

Hull had better all-round players than us, and we were always the underdogs. What would be worst about missing out this season is that the other three teams in the play-offs don't.

Won't need a miracle. Three games, even an average side can put 3 good performances together in the playoffs.

That said, as much as I hate to admit it, Leeds are looking a really good solid side, Woods possible the best player in the league on current form.

Edited by bluemagic

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I assure you that it is. If I didn't care about the club's betterment, I'd be quite happy with the status quo. I hope to be proven totally, utterly and categorically wrong by the end of May. If that happens I'll gladly write on here just how wrong I've been. I like Carlos as a person, and I'd rather him get us promoted than anyone else. My problem is that I just haven't seen anything this season to suggest that it will happen.

So very nice of you, but could be too late by then as yourself and a few others are shouting out loud trying to get him out now. But if he gets us up you'll spin back round again and start acting as he's King Carlos again.  Thanks for your support

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So very nice of you, but could be too late by then as yourself and a few others are shouting out loud trying to get him out now. But if he gets us up you'll spin back round again and start acting as he's King Carlos again.  Thanks for your support

I doubt my contributions will make the slightest difference to the outcome of this season. My loyalty is the the club, fans and chairman, not to the players or manager. They're employees who'd ditch us given a better opportunity. Their loyalty is to themselves.

I didn't think Carlos was King last season, and I wouldn't regard him as such were we to be promoted. Managers which fit that description are unlikely to be here, and if they ever were they'd not be here for long. Which was my point about bringing in an impact manager. It doesn't have to be someone better that Carlos, just someone different. Like the Megson/Jones scenario.

You see the situation differently to me, which is fine. I've never negged you or criticized you, because you're entitled to that view. I hope you're right.

Guest Deleted member

Who's the impact manager? 

For me, if we sacked  Carlos, the best available manager then would be Carlos