It will take a miracle

7 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So very nice of you, but could be too late by then as yourself and a few others are shouting out loud trying to get him out now. But if he gets us up you'll spin back round again and start acting as he's King Carlos again.  Thanks for your support

Athelwulf's post was magnanimous.  It suites the agenda of many to portray Carlos outers as wanting SWFC to fail to get promoted, which is of course absolutely obsurd.

On the contrary, the push for a managerial change, or at least tactical change, is to improve our chances of promotion.

While I hope you don't need to do it, are you going to come on here and make the same apology that Athelwulf offered if Carlos stays and fails?

1 minute ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Athelwulf's post was magnanimous.  It suites the agenda of many to portray Carlos outers as wanting SWFC to fail to get promoted, which is of course absolutely obsurd.

On the contrary, the push for a managerial change, or at least tactical change, is to improve our chances of promotion.

While I hope you don't need to do it, are you going to come on here and make the same apology that Athelwulf offered if Carlos stays and fails?

If we don't go up I would still keep Carlos. Seen enough turd managers to know we've got a good one.

Not one replacement that has been mentioned is enticing

19 hours ago, Holmes said:

As there has never been a demonstrated proven miracle then by your logic we won't go up this season. 

I wouldn't recommend praying either. lol

Kyle Lovett married Julia Roberts must surely count lol 

12 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I assure you that it is. If I didn't care about the club's betterment, I'd be quite happy with the status quo. I hope to be proven totally, utterly and categorically wrong by the end of May. If that happens I'll gladly write on here just how wrong I've been. I like Carlos as a person, and I'd rather him get us promoted than anyone else. My problem is that I just haven't seen anything this season to suggest that it will happen.

Fair dos. I disagree with your certainty, but that's not the issue I was talking about.

I understand and respect the fact that everyone has a different opinion of all things Wednesday, but the ones who are "moaning" ask yourself this question? Did you honestly. hand-on-heart, believe that we were going to get promotion this season? I mean answer it honestly. Not on here, just in your own head.

If you did, honestly. hand-on-heart, believe that we were going to get promotion this season then I can understand what is creating your frustration and why we are seeing some of the threads and posts we are seeing. However, in my opinion, you have set yourselves up for a fall.

I think most would agree that the Championship is probably one of, it not the, most exciting leagues in the world for domestic football. Why, because it is so unpredictable. Fulham stuff Newcastle 3-1 away and lose by the same score at home to lowly Wolves. We thrash newly relegated and promotion chasing Norwich, and huff and puff for a draw against a spirited and organised Burton. That's the Championship for you. I bet there are numerous other examples from this season.

It has taken Brighton about 5 years to get to the stage they are at now. And people seriously expected us to do it in two seasons, with 15 years of austerity behind us?!? We can't just hack the saved game and up the stats of the players and fix the injuries to makes us win the league.

My feelings are that the people who are moaning are doing it for several reasons, but mainly because they are hurting. It was always going to be an enourmous task to get promoted this season and they are just now admitting it to themselves. They don't like what they are acknowlegding and re-inforcing in their own minds and the backlash is the posts we are seeing.

So yeah, we all get it. We all feel the same, but ranting and raving is going to achieve the square root of phook all, so just quit please, for everyone's sake and let's just get behind the team for the next 8 games.

Edited by ChapSmurf

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

^^^^^^

cant argue much with that post 

To be honest Andy, I hate to see us all arguing and fractured like this. The "Wednesday Family" is what has got most of us through these last 15 years and personally I don't want to see that unity break apart.

4 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I think most would agree that the Championship is probably one of, it not the, most exciting leagues in the world for domestic football. Why, because it is so unpredictable. Fulham stuff Newcastle 3-1 away and lose by the same score at home to lowly Wolves. We thrash newly relegated and promotion chasing Norwich, and huff and puff for a draw against a spirited and organised Burton. That's the Championship for you. I bet there are numerous other examples from this season.

My feelings are that the people who are moaning are doing it for several reasons, but mainly because they are hurting. It was always going to be an enourmous task to get promoted this season and they are just now admitting it to themselves. They don't like what they are acknowlegding and re-inforcing in their own minds and the backlash is the posts we are seeing.

So yeah, we all get it. We all feel the same, but ranting and raving is going to achieve the square root of phook all, so just quit please, for everyone's sake and let's just get behind the team for the next 8 games.

Why are 90% of our games so dull then?

I am not hurting at all just a little frustrated that I am paying through the nose to be bored most weekends.

I don't rant and rave just sigh as I slump back in my seat to watch another sidewards and backwards pass.

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

To be honest Andy, I hate to see us all arguing and fractured like this. The "Wednesday Family" is what has got most of us through these last 15 years and personally I don't want to see that unity break apart.

That phrase makes my toes curl.

We are not fractured at all. Fans have always disagreed about stuff at every club from the beginning of time. As long as it doesn't turn personal I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it. 

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why are 90% of our games so dull then?

I am not hurting at all just a little frustrated that I am paying through the nose to be bored most weekends.

I don't rant and rave just sigh as I slump back in my seat to watch another sidewards and backwards pass.

In your opinion they are dull because you are expecting the same as last season. You have created that parameter yourself. However, I do agree against last season we are not as exciting and IMHO there are two reasons: 1, because we are not unknown like last season and 2. inuries to key players/areas without adequate back up.

Edit:  I meant to say I have nothing against people moaing. You just have (a weak moan at best), but you did it in the right way, rather than stating utter rubbish. There is a big difference I think.

16 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

That phrase makes my toes curl.

We are not fractured at all. Fans have always disagreed about stuff at every club from the beginning of time. As long as it doesn't turn personal I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it. 

Use another phrase then. Call it what you want as long as you know what I mean. I feel we are fractured, that's why I made the comment. I agree, fans have always disagreed and always will, but some of the comments are going way beyond disagreement level and on to a whole new plane entirely.

Edited by ChapSmurf