Reading....

7 hours ago, Warnocchio said:

The worst bunch of cheating cxnts to come to Hillsborough since Billy Davies got sacked for the last time. Constant time wasting especially from the ex Forest Gunter and niggly fouls all game long. Thought they were a bunch of useless show ponies with their flashy little flicks and runs. Lets be honest they got lucky not to concede several even though we were utter crap.

Their 72 fans were singing they are on their way back. Where to?

Horrible tactics snd team. Hope they get stuffed in the play offs. Even by dirty L**ds

'useless show ponies' that have beaten us twice and last night in a huge 6 pointer? 

The worst bunch of cheating cxnts to come to Hillsborough since Billy Davies got sacked for the last time. Constant time wasting especially from the ex Forest Gunter and niggly fouls all game long. Thought they were a bunch of useless show ponies with their flashy little flicks and runs. Lets be honest they got lucky not to concede several even though we were utter crap.

Horrible tactics snd team. Hope they get stuffed in the play offs. Even by dirty L**ds

Do they care? They took 3 points. Thats what matters. Doubt you would be moaning if we had won.

This new tactic when playing away of stringing six n seven players across the back plus the constant time wasting tactics (Wednesday included) is detrimental to the game as a whole.  Reminds me of the Italian style of play a few decades ago, stifling play and hoping to score on the break.

Slow to take goal kicks and throwings, water breaks, doing a lap of honour before being subbed anything to slow the game down  and stop any momentum.

Instead of coming up with gimmicks like sin bins the authorities should come down hard on these spoilers and start sending players off.

Its short changing the fans and will drive them away ultimately.

1 minute ago, Warnocchio said:

I agree we werent good enough although how it was nothing to do with having Hutch Lee Forestieri Hooper Wallace etc out defies logic.

We lost loads this season unfortunately but Reading attitude was different. Dont agree fair enough

I agree, we are missing some players. However, my sympathy tank runs a bit dry when you consider how much we have spent, and wasted. We should have a squad big enough and good enough to cope. We should also have fully fit players such as Urby, Abdi and McGugan adding value to the team. 

That team was crying out for a driving force from midfield last night, and a fully fit motivated McGugan could have done a job. When everyone is fit, the McGugan situation isn't that much of an issue. McGugan is a better centre midfielder than Adam Reach, and I would argue more productive than Buckley. 

I have said it a 100 times.

When teams play against us like Reading did, well organised, Disciplined and physical, we always do badly, we don't seem to have a plan to play these types of games.

When ever you see your Strikers going back 30-40- yds into the m/f or defence, you know you have a problem.

It's my belief that problem lies in Mid field, with out Huth, we do not have a presence there, Bannan is too light weight to command any respect from the opposition, a nice footballer, but too easily bullied out of the game.

7 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

talk about being bitter

people only mention this when we lose

we've done it,every team in world football time wastes.its only mentioned when you lose

they got the 3 points

something we can't even luckily get now

I'm sorry but that was awful to watch they were the worst time wasting team I have seen they are in the play offs for goodness sakes , can play good football but chose to kill the game , we all paid good money to watch that !!! If I had to endure that every week I would stop going and watch bowls instead !!! , The referee was absolutely useless too . Reading totally spoilt what could have been an open entertaining game oh did I mention we were inept at best which also contributed to a dreadful game , no one can tell me that was good to watch it's the worst I've seen since Carlos took over imo , 

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

We were sh**e and they milked a weak minded referee for all his incompetence. no excuses they went home with the three points

Exactly. The ref let them get away with it.

Lets not kid ourselves, if that was a a Wednesday away performance we'd all be jizzing on here saying how professional and organised we were..

I thought they looked a good effective side. Based on chances created we should have got something out of the game but make no mistake they bossed us and bullied us and the ref 

12 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

He is 100% right. Teams know of late that we won't break them down. Leeds were the same, and Burton to an extent.

Reading moved the ball so much better than us in the first half and proved that at the moment, they are simply a better side.

this is true and some of our fans struggle with this, and i'm not referencing the moaners.

When the likes of Reading overtake us in the team quality stakes, it's time to look again at what we are doing.

7 minutes ago, Holmes said:

This new tactic when playing away of stringing six n seven players across the back plus the constant time wasting tactics (Wednesday included) is detrimental to the game as a whole.  Reminds me of the Italian style of play a few decades ago, stifling play and hoping to score on the break.

Slow to take goal kicks and throwings, water breaks, doing a lap of honour before being subbed anything to slow the game down  and stop any momentum.

Instead of coming up with gimmicks like sin bins the authorities should come down hard on these spoilers and start sending players off.

Absolutely spot on mate my thoughts exactly I sat there watching that and was getting so angry and it was actually turning me away from the game Reading can play but chose not to and cheated us out of our money , the Ref and the way we played was awful to watch too , 

12 minutes ago, Holmes said:

its upto the home team to attack though, something we struggle with from the off

6 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Exactly. The ref let them get away with it.

Lets not kid ourselves, if that was a a Wednesday away performance we'd all be jizzing on here saying how professional and organised we were..

I thought they looked a good effective side. Based on chances created we should have got something out of the game but make no mistake they bossed us and bullied us and the ref 

No way would I want a Sheffield Wednesday team to play like that ever , time wasting from the off , no that in your eyes may have been professional it was cheating to me . The sad thing is Reading can play and we're good to watch but that time wasting ruined it for me they didn't even need to as they were far better than us on the night 

Just now, modboy said:

its upto the home team to attack though, something we struggle with from the off

Really? I never knew that.  

I was talking in general terms not about last nights game.  I have no problems with them winning they played within the rules.

But its becoming the favoured method of most teams and i say again it will drive fans away in the end.

I

Just now, Holmes said:

I was talking in general terms not about last nights game.  I have no problems with them winning they played within the rules.

But its becoming the favoured method of most teams and i say again it will drive fans away in the end.

I

agree

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

No way would I want a Sheffield Wednesday team to play like that ever , time wasting from the off , no that in your eyes may have been professional it was cheating to me . The sad thing is Reading can play and we're good to watch but that time wasting ruined it for me they didn't even need to as they were far better than us on the night 

Do you expect them to sprint to take a throw in when you're 1-0 up away at a rival?

19 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Do they care? They took 3 points. Thats what matters. Doubt you would be moaning if we had won.

How many fans turn up to watch them though ?? I couldn't watch that week in week out I want my team to have a go and entertain at the very least , the loss of the game matters little to me it's the attitude of Reading that sticks with me they are going for promotion playing like that !!!! 

Reading got a bit of luck in the last twenty or so minutes, but I thought they controlled the game by and large. 

Dropped deep and hit us on the counter attacking, exploiting the fact that - once again - we were lining up with 4-4-2 against a three man central midfield. 

Their other tactic was to play a long diagonal to our left where Fox was getting caught out time and time again. Needless to say the first goal came from that.  

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

I

I agree with that last bit 

Diving will drive me away in the end I think 

And I don't think it will be that long. Probably when the lad goes to uni next year, I'll stop going 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

How many fans turn up to watch them though ?? I couldn't watch that week in week out I want my team to have a go and entertain at the very least , the loss of the game matters little to me it's the attitude of Reading that sticks with me they are going for promotion playing like that !!!! 

From a spectacle point of view maybe. I wasnt there so cant really comment on their tactics. If they get promoted though will the fans care? As they say, you are as good as your last game, never truer, especially in football.