Reading....

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The ref should have warned them it was blatant cheating he booked one player late on and that was it , wasn't just throw ins though was it 

Yes I agree. It's down to the ref to be stronger but he wasn't so they did it more. 

Its the way football is going, conning the ref, conning the fans, dishonest players

I'll be glad when the cricket season starts 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

From a spectacle point of view maybe. I wasnt there so cant really comment on their tactics. If they get promoted though will the fans care? As they say, you are as good as your last game, never truer, especially in football. 

Well I was so looking forward to that game and came away totally wound up of course the result was dreadful but it was the way the game was played , we were a shambles and they time wasted whenever they could 

They were time wasting from the moment they scored the first...but then what do we honestly expect?

Gunter in particular was taking the pi55 with every throw, but the referee allowed him to get away with it. 

As per usual he (the ref) only took some form of action in the second half. 

They could so easily nip this time wasting stuff in the bud by booking a player after one or two attempts at wasting time. Needless to say they don't. 

Edited by SiJ

They did a job on us and obviously did their homework playing long diagonal balls in behind fox which eventually led to the goal.

After that they did what they had to do and we huffed and puffed but for me they looked like they could step it up anytime if they needed to.

They were bigger, quicker and had a few stronger more physical players than us and showed us what we are lacking and have been lacking all season.

Don't forget they have been on a bad run of form too

Well I was so looking forward to that game and came away totally wound up of course the result was dreadful but it was the way the game was played , we were a shambles and they time wasted whenever they could 

I have sympathy with you. Really do. Not as bad as when i took my family to their first Wed match away at Reading of all places. Think we lost 6-0, and i got a parking ticket. That was throw and expensive.

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Yes I agree. It's down to the ref to be stronger but he wasn't so they did it more. 

Its the way football is going, conning the ref, conning the fans, dishonest players

I'll be glad when the cricket season starts 

Me too I am slowly beginning to go off this modern style of cheating , money grabbing , greedy goings on type game , it's no longer a sport it's just a business but having said that win at ALL costs with cheating acceptable !!! No not for me 

Just now, billyblack said:

I have sympathy with you. Really do. Not as bad as when i took my family to their first Wed match away at Reading of all places. Think we lost 6-0, and i got a parking ticket. That was throw and expensive.

Yes that was a dreadful experience for you , we sacrifice a lot to follow our team but I just can't handle this cheating in the game 

Me too I am slowly beginning to go off this modern style of cheating , money grabbing , greedy goings on type game , it's no longer a sport it's just a business but having said that win at ALL costs with cheating acceptable !!! No not for me 

It's a fine line between cheating and stretching the rules.

There's no time limit rule to taking a throw so it's not cheating, it's up to the ref to say get on with it or I'll book you and give the throw the other way.

Where I'm losing football is the diving and the blatant conning of refs. 

For me the game is dying.

Reading epitomise the term 'tinpot'. A complete nothing club. No fans, no history, no rivals and a new modern build Lego stadium that's utterly soulless. 

However, they absolutely did a job on us. There's no way we would have ever gone there and put in an away performance like that. 

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

It's a fine line between cheating and stretching the rules.

There's no time limit rule to taking a throw so it's not cheating, it's up to the ref to say get on with it or I'll book you and give the throw the other way.

Where I'm losing football is the diving and the blatant conning of refs. 

For me the game is dying.

I agree totally and was talking about this with my son on the way to the game last night , it really is turning me against the game , spending my money on cheating almost , it is a very serious situation and the governing bodies should be doing so much more to stamp it out . Going back to last night surely Stam would have instructed his players to play this way though ? Teams and players have to entertain surely ?? 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I agree totally and was talking about this with my son on the way to the game last night , it really is turning me against the game , spending my money on cheating almost , it is a very serious situation and the governing bodies should be doing so much more to stamp it out . Going back to last night surely Stam would have instructed his players to play this way though ? Teams and players have to entertain surely ?? 

Yeah no doubt Stam did.

He will have told them to go all out to frustrate us and disrupt the game. It used to be called quietening the home crowd, but that's not difficult at hillsborough is it!

Its now progressed to spoiling and conning tactics. It's only going to get worse 

8 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Yeah no doubt Stam did.

He will have told them to go all out to frustrate us and disrupt the game. It used to be called quietening the home crowd, but that's not difficult at hillsborough is it!

Its now progressed to spoiling and conning tactics. It's only going to get worse 

If only we could have scored first that would have made for a much better game , I prefer teams to try and win games it's like they are saying ok we aren't good enough so try kill the game but Reading are clearly better than us on last nights showing 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

If only we could have scored first that would have made for a much better game , I prefer teams to try and win games it's like they are saying ok we aren't good enough so try kill the game but Reading are clearly better than us on last nights showing 

The old saying "the first goal sets the tone "

Cetainly did last night. 

At least Reading waited til they'd scored. One team were doing it at 0-0 after 8 minutes earlier this season, can't remember who it was now

10 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

The old saying "the first goal sets the tone "

Cetainly did last night. 

At least Reading waited til they'd scored. One team were doing it at 0-0 after 8 minutes earlier this season, can't remember who it was now

Yes I remember that but have also forgot who it was !! I'm really disappointed with last night 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

But they are better than us "apparently" why time waste at all ? Is it on fear you know the other team are too good and may climb back into the match ? Really frustrating to play with these tactics 

They closed the game out.

They were physically stronger than us, better in the air, quicker at closing down, and they out ran our midfield.

On top of which they stifled the game.

When we are winning there are no groans at Westwood taking an age over his goal kicks? 

6 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

But they are better than us "apparently" why time waste at all ? Is it on fear you know the other team are too good and may climb back into the match ? Really frustrating to play with these tactics 

Once they are a goal up, they don't need to take risks : they'd be pretty stupid to do a Norwich.

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

They closed the game out.

They were physically stronger than us, better in the air, quicker at closing down, and they out ran our midfield.

On top of which they stifled the game.

When we are winning there are no groans at Westwood taking an age over his goal kicks? 

Would this be the case with hutch an Lee in the side