The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, steveger said:

It's bath time, lucky im too fat to drown myself, would take the toaster in with me but we've  run outta butter   

Yeah, Pro-Vita just doesn't do it does it?

Feckin hell, that's it, chuck it all at it, blame luck,  ut basically we aint good enough..

Well actually we are, one player, be it there's or ours don't make a good team...

If it was down to one player we have WESTWOOD so what's the comparison?..

4 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Who knows, I honestly think Carlos will get sacked this weekend - HARD TIMES

Its a real possibility I won't lie, a lot of people are disappointed now. I totally agree who knows, and these small margins make the difference. Some people calling him a clown is taking it too far imo. Says a lot when the site crashed when the full time whistle went tonight. Don't believe changing him will make a difference still think we will make the playoffs either way. 

4 minutes ago, Think tank said:

We have had plenty of luck this season. It has ran out.

The odd game aside we have been disappointing all season. 

I think most sides in the top six have relied on making the most of very little. We haven't been able to do it, but the way the last three games have turned out have been very harsh. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

4 defeats out of the last 6 games and only 1 win. Not what we need at this time of the season. Real disappointing when we have some quality players that aren't performing (we are like the Leicester of the Championship)! 

Yeah, but 6 games ago Carlos said "our season starts now"....

Says it all really, - Mr C, I really hope you have his replacement lined up..

Not been right all season.

The dynamic up-and-at-em dynamic play has been replaced by a more conservative hang-on-to-possession and pick ya moments style.

We seem to be unable to provide service to the front men and as a result Fletcher, Winnall, Rhodes, et al just aren't having any impact.

Hanging on by our finger nails to the play-offs but honestly can't see us going up this year

Since DC has been in charge have we ever beaten his mates Reading?

8 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

What? You concede more goals than the opposition then of course you deserve to lose.

Bye bye play offs. 

F*ck off Wednesday. 

It may well be bye bye play offs and it will be deserved over the course of a season.

But plenty of teams get away with it and win games. Doesn't mean they deserve it.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

It may well be bye bye play offs and it will be deserved over the course of a season.

But plenty of teams get away with it and win games. Doesn't mean they deserve it.

I'm not a believer in that, football is all about goals.

When Celtic beat Barcelona, I think Barca had 80% possession and 29 shots, but Celtic scored which is what counts, therefore they deserved it.

FT 0-2

Absolutely gutted, very painful result to take.  How did we not score.?

Looks like we are making it harder for ourselves for  sure.  

We need to start picking up more points sharpish.  

I think the international break has come in at the right time for us.  Gives us a chance to regroup and hopefully push on and get our campaign back on track. 

I wouldn't write us off just yet though.  

Still plenty of games left and more importantly the games in April will no doubt be the real decider on whether we actually make the playoffs.  

If this is our bad patch, it's better we get it out of the way now.  

Still plenty of twist and turns to go on the roller coaster ride that is supporting Sheffield Wednesday.

Take it easy lads and lasses.  

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 minute ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

OK, and who would you have in? So easy to say.....

Steve mclaren......gets coat and runs....:-)

That went well then! We are very naive as a unit, paid the price for a poor first half where they had the midfield sewn up...again. Better second half,and could have had a few goals with a bit more composure in front of goal. Desperation at the end, he knew (Carlos) how important this game was but didn't set up to dominate them from the off, Reading sounded dangerous every time they went forward. Without Sam we will struggle, he's a footballer with a brain, alright Bannan can see a pass, Forestieri can make the runs but what Sam does is see the opposition players who get the ball a lot and then makes it his sole purpose to nullify them. The others don't seem to be able to think while they're playing like he does, IMHO I think this is why first halves are so dire, they need instructions at half time as to how to outwit the opposition.

It's not over till that fat bird sings though so we need to lick our wounds and soldier on...sooo many cliches in one line!

Just now, Ryan the owl said:

I'm not a believer in that, football is all about goals.

When Celtic beat Barcelona, I think Barca had 80% possession and 29 shots, but Celtic scored which is what counts, therefore they deserved it.

Sounds like a rub of the green to me.

Is there another club that leaves their fans exasperated like ours does.

They let us down every time, when push comes to shove they never deliver.

We are a gutless club that goes through the motions. Always have been, always will be. Sheffield the "Steel city", don't make me laugh, we've no heart or guts.