The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

3 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Plus, I blame the lack of stripes

Mr C should seriously consider this, he may view stripes as unlucky but we all know that's the kit for us...

C'mon Mr C, gi us 'stripes back and get rid of that pretender, just another grad that thinks he's it.....

Time to move on and get ready for next season...

Wow, it's a tough decision, stick or twist?

4 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

I suppose the Sheffield Titanic just hit the iceberg of expectation. We have managed something others have failed to do. Taken top class strikers and rendered them unable to score. Only listened on the radio after driving to the top of a hill down here but who do you blame for lack of quality balls in? How do you score with Reach who is a good utility player but couldn't find his arse with both hands and a flashlight, let alone a net. Loovens as mobile as an oil tanker and a side with lots of effort but no end product. Lightweight midfielders with no substance or pace whose first instinct is the crab pass. Who runs at players? Only substitutes in the last 10 minutes everytime. Without FF there is no one who causes problems.The buck stops with CC. I am not blaming him, but who else is a fault? Like it or not the buck stops with CC. Whether or not he is at fault. I don't think he should be sacked. Maybe it would work maybe it wouldn't. But if we start next season as we are finishing this he should go. Maybe he is just an impact manager who goes in and does a job but cannot make the players any better. Maybe they always go backwards and thats why he moves on. He has a chance to build something here. Maybe he needs more time but it certainly isn't working at the moment. The problem is we do not know what is going on and probably never will so apportioning blame is difficult. Maybe he needs a better number two. Maybe we should bring in an old head as support. Lets be honest, if we had Warnock we would probably be challenging for the top two. CC just isn't cutting it at the moment.

Warnock? Really? Warnock? Be careful what you wish for. Maybe I've been around too long...

Said it for a good few years now, our movement with or without the ball is appalling.  Listening to people on the way home - we need a playmaker. Yeah we do but would he be any use if people don't move? Bit like Rhodes, probably best striker in the league but gets no service. Of course their goalie has the game of his life too

7 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

I suppose the Sheffield Titanic just hit the iceberg of expectation. We have managed something others have failed to do. Taken top class strikers and rendered them unable to score. Only listened on the radio after driving to the top of a hill down here but who do you blame for lack of quality balls in? How do you score with Reach who is a good utility player but couldn't find his arse with both hands and a flashlight, let alone a net. Loovens as mobile as an oil tanker and a side with lots of effort but no end product. Lightweight midfielders with no substance or pace whose first instinct is the crab pass. Who runs at players? Only substitutes in the last 10 minutes everytime. Without FF there is no one who causes problems.The buck stops with CC. I am not blaming him, but who else is a fault? Like it or not the buck stops with CC. Whether or not he is at fault. I don't think he should be sacked. Maybe it would work maybe it wouldn't. But if we start next season as we are finishing this he should go. Maybe he is just an impact manager who goes in and does a job but cannot make the players any better. Maybe they always go backwards and thats why he moves on. He has a chance to build something here. Maybe he needs more time but it certainly isn't working at the moment. The problem is we do not know what is going on and probably never will so apportioning blame is difficult. Maybe he needs a better number two. Maybe we should bring in an old head as support. Lets be honest, if we had Warnock we would probably be challenging for the top two. CC just isn't cutting it at the moment.

wee wee tail

Their keeper has pulled off 5 world class saves tonight, it could have been different! 

However, it's the story of our season. No pressing, not winning first/second balls, passing is really slow and no movement. We have got away with it all season and now it's showing. 

With the run in of games we have, I can't see us doing it. We don't deserve it! Both teams was very poor tonight.

lets see what happens, eh

Feel sorry for the chairman, think he has wasted alot of money this year: not a single player brought in this year has produced the goods. Rhodes for £10 million, if it was my money, I'd be questioning that one; just doesn't have the movement and his finishing has been so-so.

We look a long long distance from being top 2 potential. Not sure any of the players we have are good enough to achieve that.

Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Reading. 

Possession: 53-47

Shots on target: 9-4

Shots off target: 12-6

Corners: 11-3

Fouls: 9-13

Yellow cards: 0-2

Red cards: 0-0

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens (Nuhiu 89), Fox, Buckley, Jones (Mcmanaman 60), Bannan, Reach, Rhodes, Winnall (Fletcher 78).

Subs not used: Wildsmith, Matias, Palmer, Semedo.

Unlucky Wednesday. 

Well done Reading. 

Another bad result.

Can't afford anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Well that was a wasted trip - now to my premier Inn - hope the bars open 

In my experience, you never have to travel far from a Premier Inn to find a bar that's open. Well done you wherever you are. Enjoy your dink and keep the faith. I'd buy you a pint if I could. 

WAWAW

Just now, Purley Arms Owl said:

In my experience, you never have to travel far from a Premier Inn to find a bar that's open. Well done you wherever you are. Enjoy your dink and keep the faith. I'd buy you a pint if I could. 

WAWAW

By the Arena - it's like premier Inn city this - how many you got now 4? Good though TBF - Sod driving all the way back after working all day then coming here